Ask RedWeek

Is renting timeshare cheaper ?

Jan 01, 2017

Would renting timeshare be cheaper than lets say going on Expedia? I wanted to go to Hawaii, Maui for my birthday in June 2017 and would love to save some money if I can help it. I realize that timeshare is only the hotel / resort and not the flight but I find its slightly cheaper if you go on Westjet.com or Expedia or some other sites and purchase flight and hotel so I was just curious if its cheaper to rent timeshare for the hotel and save money. Just cant seem to understand why people do it this way ....except the rooms are much nicer ? If i can benefit from it, I would definitely rent ! I go on vacations Mexico or Vegas twice a year but would love to go every 4 months and maybe try a new place ...like Hawaii ! Thanks in advance people !! :-)

Farzana F.

Last edited by farzanaf on Jan 01, 2017 04:10 PM

Jan 02, 2017

Timeshares are more comfortable (roomy) than hotels and can tend to save money too. A studio at a timeshare is basically a hotel room FYI.

Great deals can be found using weeks / points of others who maybe can't use them this year and looking to recoup the cost normally cheaper than a hotel cost.

Prime vacation weeks will of coarse be higher, but so will that hotel stay.

Dave

Dave
Jan 02, 2017

Thanks !

Not sure if its for me as we dont seem to be in the room for long! We sleep get ready and take off!

Farzana F.
Jan 02, 2017

The amount you would spend at a hotel for 7 days, and the difference in renting would probably pay for the car you would have to rent. You have all the amenities of a hotel along with you don't have to pay a bundle. You could even eat.

William P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.