Timeshare Companies

PTC (Private Travel Corporation) at Hacienda Encantata resort, Cabo San Lucas

Feb 21, 2017

Has anyone had experience with this company that sells a "maintenance recovery program" at Hacienda Encantada, Cabo? Specifically, has anyone actually received double their maintenance fees back? Thanks! Sue

Susan S.
Feb 21, 2017

It's a SCAM !!! If it sounds " too good to be true " then it's a SCAM !!!!

Don P.
Feb 22, 2017

Here are 2 internet resources which have enlightening information about PTC. Best to stay far, far away.

http://private-travel-corporation.blogspot.com/2015/09/private-travel-corporation-scam.html

http://www.insidethegate.com/gatehouse/2015/04/mexico-timeshare-fraud-april-11-2015/#sthash.JcM1pzXb.yJ20ScQO.dpbs

Read both articles in their entirety, and you will know what I mean.

John I.
Feb 22, 2017

susans664 wrote:
Has anyone had experience with this company that sells a "maintenance recovery program" at Hacienda Encantada, Cabo? Specifically, has anyone actually received double their maintenance fees back?

Never ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. That is always a scam. The only way you can " [receive] double [your] maintenance fees back" is if this company can find someone to rent your unit for at least double what you are paying in maintenance fees. Think about it. Who is going to pay you double your maintenance fees to rent your unit from you?

Lance C.
Jul 20, 2022

Yes, I remember this company well. My ex wife was going to pay $18,000usd for an amazing upgrade. Then, the sales guy (a sleazy dishonest jackass) said he could rent our unused weeks and we could make $4,800 per. I read the contract after this high pressure pitch: "if you leave the table the deal is over" . It stated the sales person could make any claim, either true or untrue. They weren't going to void the contract until I made a scene in the sales room and told every table they were being scammed. I can't believe these people can sleep at night.

Michael M.
Jul 22, 2022

michaelm3186 wrote:
<snip> I read the contract after this high pressure pitch: "if you leave the table the deal is over" . It stated the sales person could make any claim, either true or untrue. <snip>

Sadly, this is actually the case almost anywhere, not just in Mexico but also including right here in the U.S.

Verbal representations mean absolutely nothing in a contract matter. Most contracts plainly state that any and all oral statements or claims which are not reflected in writing within the contract are not legally binding. Unfortunately, most people, unlike you (...and good on 'ya!), don't even bother to read the contents of their contract, unwisely (foolishly?) somehow believing that the hungry sales weasels' words are truthful and accurate --- which is very rarely the case.

Sales weasels are well aware that nothing they say is legally binding and that ONLY the written content of the contract means anything at all. As a result, many hungry sales weasels will gladly lie and fabricate and misrepresent the truth to their hearts' content, knowing that there are really no consequences for doing so, since the contract itself clearly states in writing that oral representations are not in any way legally binding. That's sad and disgusting, but true.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 24, 2022 01:09 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.