Ask RedWeek

Can RED WEEK allow renters to "Rate" the person renting the unit

May 01, 2017

Why dosen't RED WEEK provide a way that renters can rate the person they are renting the unit from....it would be like an ebay buyer rating the seller. This would provide another way for a potential renter to get feedback on the person who posted the week for rent.

Richard R.
May 01, 2017

This idea has unlimited potential for unfair, inaccurate and unsubstantiated "ratings" (not to mention inappropriate privacy intrusion). For example, shills could post glowing (but completely bogus) reviews for a rental they never even conducted. People could even submit phony "positive endorsements" for and about THEMSELVES. On the other end of the spectrum, a disgruntled tenant could submit an unfairly negative "rating" of a timeshare owner, essentially "venting" because they had a bad vacation experience (due to sick kids, poor weather, travel problems, etc. --- NONE of which involve the owner or the resort and NONE of which are in any way within the influence or control of the timeshare owner).

I rarely rent out weeks, but I would NOT appreciate my name being splattered across the Internet for eternity by ANY tenant "rating" me, even if that tenant had a spectacular rental experience and had nothing but great and wonderful things to say about me and / or about the rental. Any and every timeshare owner is entitled to personal privacy --- although this "rating" idea might be entirely appropriate for entities actually conducting timeshare rentals as a COMMERCIAL BUSINESS.

Everyone is certainly entitled to an opinion. As a long-time, paying RedWeek member, even though my own timeshare rentals are relatively few and far between, I greatly dislike this idea of "rating people", but I do think it is appropriate to "rate" commercial businesses.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 02, 2017 04:52 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.