Ask RedWeek

Success rate renting

Apr 13, 2021

1. Average speaking, what percentage of the rental adds are completed/successful? 2. When you do it yourself, is there a negotiation between renter and owner about final rate, or cost is final as advertised?

Cristian M.
Apr 13, 2021

1. I cannot and do not in any way speak for RedWeek; I am just another member here. That being clearly said, I can tell you that I have placed about 10-12 rental ads over the past 5 -6 years and my success rate with RedWeek ads is 100%. RedWeek is a great site for being on either side of a rental, in my personal opinion and first hand experience. The key is to have your rental priced competitively (as compared to other rentals at the same place and approximate date) and an ability to answer questions about the resort, area, etc. Obviously, your advertised week must be at a place and during a season where people want to go in the first place (...no one wants to go to Cape Cod in mid-February, for example).

2. If you are an owner advertising and conducting your own rental, all terms and conditions, pricing, payment method and cancellation / refund policy is strictly a matter between you and your tenant. IF you are handling all details of a rental yourself, you can think of RedWeek as merely being the site where you are choosing to advertise; any and all other details of the rental are entirely yours to determine and negotiate.

I don't really think there is any simple or easy "average" or "percentage" that is accurately retrievable by RedWeek personnel regarding overall "completed / successful rentals" on this site. After all, RedWeek does not necessarily even know the final outcome of many ads (other than "full service" listings, where RedWeek is directly involved in actually conducting the rental), but "full service" listings are only a portion of the total rental ads posted on the RedWeek site.

Anyway, I hope this helps a bit. RedWeek-authorized personnel may provide some additional or different perspective. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 29, 2021 03:48 AM

Apr 13, 2021

Thanks. That helps me a lot.

Cristian M.
Jul 27, 2021

I posted two separate weeks for rent in Lake Tahoe this summer - one was Redweek full service, the other was a "verified" listing. Got no response from either, even though Lake Tahoe rentals and hotels are described in local media as "fully booked" and "overwhelmed with visitors." Redweek said my advertised price was appropriate. Got a better response by listing separately on Craigslist, and rented at the full advertised price.

I have to wonder how well Redweek advertises to potential renters - does Redweek show up in Google searches for hotels, AirBnB, etc? Or do renters have to know to search for "timeshares for rent" (not likely.)

Bob D.
Jul 28, 2021

bobd521 wrote:
I posted two separate weeks for rent in Lake Tahoe this summer - one was Redweek full service, the other was a "verified" listing. Got no response from either, even though Lake Tahoe rentals and hotels are described in local media as "fully booked" and "overwhelmed with visitors." Redweek said my advertised price was appropriate. Got a better response by listing separately on Craigslist, and rented at the full advertised price.

I have to wonder how well Redweek advertises to potential renters - does Redweek show up in Google searches for hotels, AirBnB, etc? Or do renters have to know to search for "timeshares for rent" (not likely.)

I can't speak to how or where different people conduct searches for rentals, but it is my opinion (and experience) that RedWeek is quite simply the very best site on the planet to be on either side of a timeshare rental transaction.

It's great that you succeeded in renting your weeks via Craigslist, but many people (myself included) believe that there are just too many scammers, spammers and "tire kickers" utilizing Craigslist, wasting the valuable time of advertisers. The fact that any response to RedWeek ads requires paid membership effectively prevents scammers and spammers (and insincere tire kickers) from using or abusing the RedWeek platform at all. Personally, I like and appreciate that. YMMV.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 28, 2021 08:55 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.