Ask RedWeek

Holiday inn vacation clubs point level status

Aug 19, 2017

I own a large number of points. All bought directly from Holiday Inn Vacation Club. If I buy additional points from Redweek or a private party, will those points qualify to make me reach a higher membership level? I.e., moving from Prestige to Elite

Lee S.
Aug 20, 2017

lee144 wrote:
I own a large number of points. All bought directly from Holiday Inn Vacation Club. If I buy additional points from Redweek or a private party, will those points qualify to make me reach a higher membership level? I.e., moving from Prestige to Elite

With due respect, your question would be more appropriately asked directly of HIVC itself. Unverified responses from unknown, anonymous posters in a Internet discussion forum may or may not be current or accurate. I'd suggest simply making that direct call.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 22, 2017 02:14 PM

Aug 23, 2017

Points bought resale will not be used to determine your status. They will be treated as points eligible based on your retail purchase point status. Most properties in the HICV with points will revert back to a deed without points. Only deeds at Gatlinburg, Lake Geneva, WI, and Myrtle Beach retain points upon resale.

Tracey S.
Aug 28, 2017

If most properties in the HICV with points will revert back to a deed without points, am I limited to only reserving directly thru HIVC, rather than RCI or II?

Brian M.
Aug 30, 2017

If you purchase a resale HICV resort that does not transfer with points and you wanted to exchange it for a different location or week you would have to use an external exchange company. Most HICV resorts exchange through RCI but at least one Williamsburg) exchanges through II. I own an OL East Village 3 BR week that is not enrolled with HICV. If I wanted to enroll it, I would have to make an additional purchase. At this time I am told I would need to purchase at least a $25,000 retail unit to enroll my current one. In the past a small purchase of at least $8,000 would have enrolled the resale week. I do not exchange this particular week. I either rent it or use it.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.