Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Executive Lodging Management LLC

Oct 24, 2017

Has anyone heard of this company? I was able to find minimal information about them after they contacted me about renting or reselling my Hilton timeshare. I usually don't answer or return these solicitations but I was intrigued when the message said 'have a blessed day." They sure do talk a great game about how easy it is for them to rent it out for me and even sell it to companies but then they asked me to pay a very large amount on a credit card. Has anyone here heard of them or have any info like who's the owner and if they are a legit company? I am usually able to find lots of info online but this time I wasnt

Stuart G.
Oct 24, 2017

stuartg56 wrote:
Has anyone heard of this company? I was able to find minimal information about them after they contacted me about renting or reselling my Hilton timeshare. I usually don't answer or return these solicitations but I was intrigued when the message said 'have a blessed day." They sure do talk a great game about how easy it is for them to rent it out for me and even sell it to companies but then they asked me to pay a very large amount on a credit card. Has anyone here heard of them or have any info like who's the owner and if they are a legit company? I am usually able to find lots of info online but this time I wasnt

Blessed day or not, just another bunch of upfront fee scammers. No, they are not "legit". Don't waste a moment of your time (and certainly none of your money) dealing with them.

Never heard of 'em, frankly, but If your Hilton timeshare is really so easy to rent or sell, then you certainly don't need to get involved with these unknown "upfront fee" parasites at all.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 24, 2017 01:31 PM

Oct 24, 2017

stuartg56 wrote:
...but then they asked me to pay a very large amount on a credit card.

I don't know how many times this needs to be said but never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. That is always a scam.

If they are legitimate, they will take their commission out of the proceeds of the sale or rental and not upfront.

Lance C.
Oct 27, 2017

I too was called by them and am leery since a year ago, I paid a similar company to sell my Hilton property. Now these people are saying the first company really only posts a blurb in periodicals and doesn't actively try to sell them.(But of course they will work conventions hard to sell it!) I remember with the first company, that they gave me their web address and pointed out all the memberships they have related to their business, just like this company. And they want even more money than the first one, up front and say that when they sell it, I can get that money back from company #1. I too can find very little about them on the internet- in fact most of the websites seem to be ones that could easily be set up by someone (and a wiki post that they can probably add to ad lib) and not from a third party. I cannot find their listing on BBB either. At least the first company can be located on BBB although the rating has gone from A+ to no rating, which seems suspicious. I am not giving anyone else money up front to sell my condo and may call the next Law firm that sends me info about getting my money back from Hilton instead of waiting for a "company" to sell it for me.

Helen G.
Oct 27, 2017

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!!

Don P.
Oct 27, 2017

heleng117 wrote:
And they want even more money than the first one, up front and say that when they sell it, I can get that money back from company #1.

Believe it or not, these two companies are probably one and the same, just different names.

Lance C.
Oct 28, 2017

heleng117 wrote:
I am not giving anyone else money up front to sell my condo and may call the next Law firm that sends me info about getting my money back from Hilton instead of waiting for a "company" to sell it for me.

Please don't shoot the messenger, but you are NOT "getting your money back from Hilton" --- not under ANY circumstances and no matter what you do or who you choose to deal with. Period, amen. You freely and voluntarily executed a contract. State law provides 3-10 days (depending on the state in which the contract was executed) to rescind (cancel) that contract. Once that rescission period has expired, you own that timeshare until you sell it (or until foreclosure later occurs if you stop paying your fees). There are no lawyers, magic beans or pixie dust that can or will somehow change that harsh but indisputable fact.

That said, Hilton (HGVC) timeshares are certainly not worthless; all have at least SOME resale value. You can sell it yourself without paying any more upfront fees to any other useless parasite "companies". There will be a few hundred dollars in closing costs to a transfer company once you find a willing buyer at an agreed price, but you can negotiate those details with your buyer. RedWeek is a very good advertising site, particularly since only paid members can respond at all to RedWeek ads. This requirement virtually eliminates spammers and scammers --- such parasites won't "pay to play" and they are not willing to leave a traceable "paper trail" behind if their actual intent is theft or scam. I have personally sold several timeshares in recent years using RedWeek as my chosen advertising site. The fees are reasonable and you get a full year of posting of your ad.

It is important to clearly understand (and accept) that no one cares AT ALL what you paid Hilton originally; that is (sad to say) completely irrelevant and useless information now. The resale value of your timeshare in the open market TODAY simply "is what it is". Look for listed resales for Hilton / HGVC products similar to yours on various timeshare related web sites and you will promptly get a good idea of the price range of comparable HGVC resales. Yours needs to be priced competitively with others to have any real chance of finding a buyer. "Asking" prices are likely higher than actual final selling prices, but at least you'll have a range to start from. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 28, 2017 09:16 AM

Oct 28, 2017

Actually, I would say all platinum and most gold HGVC weeks have some resale value. Hilton sells lower value weeks that pay the same MF but get few points. Those would have no resale value and I have seen those types of weeks go through cycles of sales on ebay with no bids starting at a $1 with all closing and transfer fees paid.

Tracey S.
Dec 03, 2017

Hi Stuart and Helen,

You may want to contact Seth Nock. I’m not sure if I am allowed to post his website but you can do a web search on his name. He is a real estate broker that specializes in selling and buying resale Hilton Timeshares. His agency might be able to point you in the right direction.

Carol P.
Dec 04, 2017

Anyone that decides to use a realtor make sure they are a licensed realtor and that they don't get paid an " upfront " fee . A reputable licensed realtor gets paid after he sell your timeshare .

Don P.
Dec 04, 2017

carolp491 wrote:
You may want to contact Seth Nock. I’m not sure if I am allowed to post his website but you can do a web search on his name. He is a real estate broker that specializes in selling and buying resale Hilton Timeshares. His agency might be able to point you in the right direction.

Seth Nock consistently receives high praise from people on Timeshare Users Group who have utilized his services. I am not one of those people; I am merely sharing the observation that the man has a solid reputation, both for knowing his "market" and for being honest.

Executive Lodging Management LLC, on the other hand, I've never before even heard of. If I was a gambling man (which I am not), my bet money would be confidently placed on their being uttterly useless at best and, at worst, just another outright scam (as is often the case with obscure, unknown entities with vague and fuzzy names consisting of disconnected words strung together in a lame and very unconvincing effort to sound "legitimate").

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 04, 2017 08:10 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.