Ask RedWeek

Listing of Timeshare Weeks Available for Rent

Jun 08, 2018

I was just taking a look at the page listing my rental for a unit. I was shocked to see that the opening page did not show it. Now I know there was a button to see all but at first glance my rental listing is not seen. I am upset by the way this is listed and need an explanation. This used to not be the case.

Colin S.
Jun 09, 2018

Colin -

With more and more users accessing our site from small mobile devices, we have had to change the way our resort pages are set up. Many resorts have a large number of postings, so in order to limit the number of postings displayed and expedite the page loading, we now show the postings in the order they have been added on the initial screen, with the newest posting at the top of the list. As each new posting is purchased, an older posting will fall off the list of postings that are immediately seen. This way, every member who purchases a posting for a resort with a large number of rentals or resales will have an opportunity to be seen at the top of the resort page.

You purchased your posting on May 16 and since that time 10 postings have been purchased, which is why your posting is no longer seen until you click the "View More" button.

If you have further questions, please feel free to Contact Us.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Jun 09, 2018 11:35 AM

Jun 09, 2018

In my opinion this still puts a listing like mine at a disadvantage. My week will be need to be rented before the end of the month. That makes it important for it to be seen immediately when opened up. I mean I saw listings for next year. That is not time critical for those type of listings. A person would expect to click on "the see more" button to see those, yet you have those listed on the first page since they have been recently listed. I understand your reasoning but in my case I am disadvantaged. Here I spent extra money in the way my listing is viewed and it is only seen if someone takes the time to hit the "see more" button. Not good at all.

Colin S.
Jun 09, 2018

For those of you renting your destination points: What is the minimum number of points your will rent?

Mike G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.