Comments

ask-redweek-manhattan-club-bluegreen

Aug 14, 2018

i like spending time at TMC. the personnel who deal directly with owners, e.g., bell people, front desk, concierge, et al, are all very pleasant and accommodating. i am not currently seeking to get rid of my time at TMC as long as i get assurances that i will get what i paid for when i purchased TMC. one of the most important items was that, paraphrasing.....almost quoting, the salesperson, "your maintenance fees will rise very slightly"* over time. I DO NOT CONSIDER A RAISE OF 400% FROM THE TIME OF PURCHASE UNTIL NOW, VERY SLIGHTLY*. the maintenance fee has become a financial burden as it rose exorbitantly and exponentially since my initial purchase. i am looking forward to bluegreen to respect current TMC owners and, among other things, to substantially reduce the maintenance fees to a more financially manageable amount as promised in the original sales presentation.

Chris V.

Last edited by on Aug 14, 2018 07:02 PM

Aug 14, 2018

i hope this article by jeff weir will appear in the usual redweek.com forum: the manhattan club lawsuit.

Chris V.
Aug 16, 2018

Dear Jeff, thank you so much for your attention to the TMC matter.

Could you please kindly provide a reference to the legal document filed in the AG case that Bluegreen signed a sales agreement with the MC in 2010 and has acquired 414 MC intervals for the BG members.

I would like to find out which intervals have been sold. I do not see any provisions in the TMC By-Laws, OP's, Purchase Agreements and the AG settlement that owners undersigned their Deeded interests to be sold or transfered to BG. In case the owner is not interested in sale or transition but his/her interest has been sold to BG without owner's acknowledgement might raise a breach of contract issue.

Fibo N.
Sep 05, 2018

please see the Manhattan Club Lawsuit forum on redweek.com for a new update on the AUGUST 29 court hearing. It includes a letter from the plaintiff's attorney, Jean Marc Zimmerman, about the litigation against the current TMC board.

Jeffrey W.

Last edited by on Sep 05, 2018 02:34 PM

Dec 12, 2018

The AG settlement is totally unsatisfactory even if implemented. Do you have contact info for Zimmerman-Hoffberg attorneys? There must be some recourse for owners who have been totally cheated out of their purchase price and ever escalating maintenance fees when one can merely go online and rent one of “our” units without any continuing obligation to TMC.

Richard A.
Dec 13, 2018

december 12 has come and gone. what are the results of this all-important court date for mr tucker.? why hasn't ANY information been published here on redweek.com? is it an oversight? was the court date changed? was the court proceeding halted/postponed? we need to know, NOW, the entire disposition and conclusion of this court proceeding.

Last edit by chrisv126 on Dec 13, 2018 04:02 PM.

Chris V.
Dec 14, 2018

chrisv126 wrote:
december 12 has come and gone. what are the results of this all-important court date for mr tucker.? why hasn't ANY information been published here on redweek.com? is it an oversight? was the court date changed? was the court proceeding halted/postponed? we need to know, NOW, the entire disposition and conclusion of this court proceeding.

Chris: Tone matters. Red week has no RESPONSIBILITY to report anything. Jeff Weir has been doing a great job for years, hopefully he’ll continue to volunteer his time & efforts. Perhaps the hearing didn’t happen. Perhaps Redweek decided not to spend money on this hearing. Lets have a little patience with our friends at Redweek, or anyone else who may have spent the time & money to find out, document and report.

Dennis C.
Dec 14, 2018

dennis and sue,

in no way did i fault redweek nor jeff weir. that didn't happen either by tone or written composition. redweek.com has the responsibility to submit appropriate messages that subscribers post, just as they posted mine. that's one of the benefits we all pay for to become contributors to TMC forum. jeff weir does a fine job of reporting: he does not volunteer his time. he's a reporter for redweek.com, and a good one. we had all been awaiting the results of the dec 12 court hearing. those who requested the hearing should have reported it more quickly than 2 days after said meeting took place. it would have been posted on redweek.com upon submission by the responsible party. i think we have been patient for over three years. there comes a time when patience is rather worn and somewhat tattered. being anxious for available information has nothing to do with patience in the first place. this is a need-to-know-quickly piece of information. owners on this redweek.com depend on this type of information to help them make future decisions regarding the patent TMC fraud and financial distress that they have had to bear. perhaps the patience you describe should be practiced by those who need it most

dennisc283 wrote:
chrisv126 wrote:

Chris: Tone matters. Red week has no RESPONSIBILITY to report anything. Jeff Weir has been doing a great job for years, hopefully he’ll continue to volunteer his time & efforts. Perhaps the hearing didn’t happen. Perhaps Redweek decided not to spend money on this hearing. Lets have a little patience with our friends at Redweek, or anyone else who may have spent the time & money to find out, document and report.

Chris V.
Dec 16, 2018

Exactly. The pirates who formerly owned Manhattan Club were taking large chunks of the annual fee for themselves. The reason we can't sell our shares is that exorbitant annual fee. Bluegreen will not be able to sell them either with the fees that high. They would need a reduction of about 50% to start to move things along. I don't think they will want to do that, since they have shown some greediness so far such as selling cheaper liquor (Smirnoffs) at the bar while keeping the same high prices. I like going there to and like the people that work there. We have known some for 18 years now. I hate the feeling of being fleeced by management.

Dennis D.
Dec 16, 2018

chrisv126 wrote:
dennis and sue,

in no way did i fault redweek nor jeff weir. that didn't happen either by tone or written composition. redweek.com has the responsibility to submit appropriate messages that subscribers post, just as they posted mine. that's one of the benefits we all pay for to become contributors to TMC forum. jeff weir does a fine job of reporting: he does not volunteer his time. he's a reporter for redweek.com, and a good one. we had all been awaiting the results of the dec 12 court hearing. those who requested the hearing should have reported it more quickly than 2 days after said meeting took place. it would have been posted on redweek.com upon submission by the responsible party. i think we have been patient for over three years. there comes a time when patience is rather worn and somewhat tattered. being anxious for available information has nothing to do with patience in the first place. this is a need-to-know-quickly piece of information. owners on this redweek.com depend on this type of information to help them make future decisions regarding the patent TMC fraud and financial distress that they have had to bear. perhaps the patience you describe should be practiced by those who need it most

dennisc283 wrote:
chrisv126 wrote:

Chris V; I hope you are sending thanks to Zimmerman and his clients for funding his efforts, and allowing him to disclose to non-client owners, the results of their case and strategy.

Dennis C.
Mar 06, 2020

Is there any update on progress being made to allow owners out of this timeshare?

Donna S.
Mar 08, 2020

DonnaS, Suggest you follow the other thread on this site, “ Manhattan Club Lawsuit”. That’s where most of the info is being posted and exchanged.

Bob Biello

Robert B.
Jun 24, 2020

We are trying for closure to TMC timeshare, too old to travel and want to leave responsibly CALLED TMC several times NO CALL BACK still waiting!

Joseph M.
Oct 12, 2020

I have the same sentiment as josephm529 Jun 24, 2020 "We are trying for closure to TMC timeshare, too old to travel and want to leave responsibly" Any advice would be appreciated!! tffw

T Frank W.
Oct 15, 2020

How to contact Jean-Marc Zimmerman and Steven M. Hoffberg? Especially who is qualified to join - owner with good standing (pay up fees)?

T Frank W.

Last edited by tfrankw on Oct 15, 2020 04:08 PM

Aug 30, 2021

We would like to sell our unit to Bluegreen. We now live in Florida and no longer can visit NYC. How can this be accomplished?

Rosemarie M.
Apr 24, 2024

how do i sell to bluegreen my nyc manhattan club ownership? jmo pennsylvania

James O.
Apr 24, 2024

I don’t think that the blue green relationship actually took effect. Owners seem to be just getting $100 to get out of paying maintenance and giving the unit back to TMC.

Dennis C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.