Colonial Acres Resort

GETTING RID OF TIMESHARE FOR PARENT

Nov 30, 2018

MY MOM AND DAD PURCHASE TIMESHARE IN COLONIAL ACRES RESORT IN WEST YARMOUTH MA. SINCE THEN MY DAD HAS PASSED AWAY AND MY MOM CANNOT PHYSICALLY USE THIS TIMESHARE AND CANNOT AFFORD IT AS WELL AND DOES NOT WANT IT ANYMORE. HOW DOES SHE GO ABOUT GETTING RID OF IT. PLEASE HELP ME HELP HER. SHE HAS JUST RECEIVED THE YEARLY INVOICE FOR THIS TIMESHARE FOR WEEK 44. WOULD LOVE TO GET SOME HELP IN WHAT SHE NEEDS TO DO IN GETTING RID OF THIS TIMESHARE.

Sheri H.
Nov 30, 2018

Sheri H.: Try contacting the manager of owner services at the resort and explain your mom's situation. See if there is any possibility the resort might take the timeshare back. If they are not willing to work with your mom, then you have the options of trying to sell the timeshare or letting it go into foreclosure by not paying the maintenance fees. For information on selling the timeshare, you can go here: Full Service Resales

For further information or assistance, click on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.