Ask RedWeek

what it's really worth?

Feb 22, 2019

For some time I have had a timeshare that I inherited from my mother. What little research I have done seems to indicate its current worth is only a fraction of what she paid for it 30 years ago. My question is this: What is the best way to find out what it's really worth?

Fanta C.
Feb 22, 2019

fantac wrote:
My question is this: What is the best way to find out what it's really worth?

One often-mentioned suggestion is to check completed listings for similar units at that resort on E-Bay. Remember to check completed listings as opposed to active listings. That will give you an indication as to what people are paying for it on the resale market. You might even see some listings that closed without garnering any bids which indicates that it is likely worth about zero dollars.

Lance C.
Feb 23, 2019

Fanta C.: You can also view your resort page on RedWeek to see what other owners are asking for similar-size units and week. This page will show you the RedWeek resale history for your resort: What's My Timeshare Worth (https://www.redweek.com/whats-my-timeshare-worth)

If you have questions about selling your timeshare, feel free to use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.