Nov 12, 2019

Hi there, my mom had a time share and she died this past summer. She moved the time share into my name just before she died. I have never owned a time share and I really would like to sell it. Does anyone have any advice on how much to sell for? Is it easy to sell? She paid $30,000.00 American. I do not expect to get that, or even close. Unfortunately she had leukemia and in her last few months she was scammed ~$15,000.00. It is just really sad how people are taken advantage of. The time share is at the Grand Solomar Lands End, Los Cabos Mexico. She has a studio for one floating week a year. It has a Murphy bed and basic kitchen. In the contract they confirmed you can move the week to a following year if it is unused, so that you have two weeks. Any help would be appreciated. The company has not been very helpful in answering questions. Thank you very much from Canada! Please do not reply if you have a negative comment or would like to pass judgement. I am not looking to walk away from this, I would like to sell it. Lawreen

Lawreen A.

Last edited by lawreena on Nov 14, 2019 04:33 AM

Nov 12, 2019

How did she move it into your name ? Did you sign paperwork transferring the title to you ? If you didn't agree to put it in your name then just walk away .

Don P.
Nov 12, 2019

Yes I did sign paperwork and we paid a fee of $250.00 to add my name and when she died I had to submit her death certificate.

Lawreen A.
Nov 13, 2019

lawreena wrote:
Yes I did sign paperwork and we paid a fee of $250.00 to add my name and when she died I had to submit her death certificate.

Well at least you can learn a lesson from your mother's mistake and not pay anyone an upfront fee to sell or rent out the unit. Since you live in Canada, you can just stop paying any maintenance fees and the resort will eventually just terminate the membership. You might face a bunch of collection calls and verbal threats but those will eventually cease.

Lance C.
Nov 14, 2019

Thank you Lance for your reply however in regards to the statement "your mothers mistake". To clarify, my mother was dying of Leukemia and was scammed. It was not her fault.

Lawreen A.
Nov 14, 2019

lawreena wrote:
Thank you Lance for your reply however in regards to the statement "your mothers mistake". To clarify, my mother was dying of Leukemia and was scammed. It was not her fault.

So sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. Watching a loved one fade away like that can be very daunting. However, I would just like to clarify that it was a mistake to pay such scam artists any money. Hopefully you (and many others reading these boards) can learn from this.

Lance C.
Nov 14, 2019

Lawreen apparently your mother was trying to get rid of her timeshare to spare the family members the burden of disposing of it . She was scammed like many others . The scammers are very good at what they do and they prey on the most vulnerable victims they can find . Now what you must do is find the best way to exit for yourself .

Don P.
Nov 14, 2019

Lawreen: If you would like more information on posting your timeshare for sale on our website, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page, or you can email support@redweek.com. Thanks!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.