The Grand Mayan at Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta

Questions for those who have been there

Jul 12, 2007

ira10 wrote:
annan4 wrote:
ira10 wrote:
Hi There,

We own 4, 2 BR weeks and 1, 1BR week at the Grand.

To do this, we took one of our 1 BR's and upgraded it to a 2 BR. In addition, we upgraded all 5 of our weeks when there last week to the new program called Profile A Plus, for much less money than you stated. We can now (1) reserve up to 12 months in advance, (2) if we don't use our weeks they roll over to the following year if we pay the maintenance fee, (3) if we don't want to use them we DO NOT have to pay the maintenance charge, (4) we now have access to a program that will rent any or all of our Regualr Weeks (not vacation fare weeks)if we want them to, and (5) we have access to an exchange program called the Registry Collection program, where we can deposit our weeks in exchange for very upscale programs worldwide including Abercrombie and Kent Travel. This means we can use our Grand Mayan weeks for, as an example, an African Safari if we choose.

They did this for us for us on ALL 5 of our Regular weeks. They also threw in 1 week/year at any of the Mayan Palaces (not to be used Dec-March except for Puerto Penasco).

In addition, we signed the contract that states once we turn 78 yrs old, we can use any of the Grand Mayans free of charge...no maintenance fee at all as long as we use it ourselves.

We ownabout 35 weeks of timeshares and NONE of them excuse owners from paying maintenace fees if they don't use them. It's almost unheard of.

We feel that this was well worth what we paid. We would have done this just for the Registry Collection.

It did not infuriate us in the least. All we had to do was say "NO" The sales people are not walking around the Grand anywhere, and all the sales happens at the farthest end of the Mayan Palace blocks away from the Grand. We choose to do this because from a business sense, it was well worth it to us.

Yes, they do hit owers up to upgrade. But loike any business, the Grand is in this to make money. They are buliding in Hawaii, Buenos Aires, probably in Costa Rica. They are opening in Cabos this fall. And our maintenance charge has gone up only $11-15/year for a 1 and 2 BR.

We have NO complaints. You should try dealing with alot of other very high end resorts and they are much more difficult to deal with and don't have any of the great benefits I mentioned.

Again, if you don't like what they have to offer in terms of upgrading, just say "NO"!

Hi there,

My husband and I have a couple of Grand Mayan weeks, and are considering upgrading to the 'Profile A' level. We're going down in August, and would love to have an idea of how much this would cost; would you be willing to say how much this cost you? Is it possible to negotiate a price with them, or is it a set amount?

Thanks very much!

Hi there,

We negotiated with them ALOT and it took all day. They say there is no room for negotiation and that it is a certain amount for each upgrade depending on what size unit and when it was purchased. You know, the time share spiel. But honestly, if you are there to upgrade and really interested in doing so, they will drop the price considerably. Go in with a price you want to spend to upgrade the units and tell them that's it. No more. That's what we did and we meant it and they were willing to work with us.

If you have any more questions you can email me directly at bethonly@hotmail.com and then I might be able to give you some more information over the phone.

Beth

We were pressured to upgrade also. Told we had to pay $5000.00 in order to get the 12 month advance reservation deal. We didn't think that was a good idea just to add 6 month reservation time opportunity. So, we said No and then they treated us very poorly. I'd rather sell my two weeks there. We also were given the "access" to them renting our weeks. We have tried that by signing up for them to rent our two weeks and 6 months later, no rental of our property, then RCI gets it. Also, trying to work with the Registry Collection is difficult also. Our Grand Mayan property isn't high enough rated to exchange for many of their properties. Guess I'm not a happy time share owner here. Sandra

Sandra T.

Last edited by sandra920 on Jul 12, 2007 06:46 AM

Jul 13, 2007

sandra920 wrote:
ira10 wrote:
annan4 wrote:
ira10 wrote:
Hi There,

We own 4, 2 BR weeks and 1, 1BR week at the Grand.

To do this, we took one of our 1 BR's and upgraded it to a 2 BR. In addition, we upgraded all 5 of our weeks when there last week to the new program called Profile A Plus, for much less money than you stated. We can now (1) reserve up to 12 months in advance, (2) if we don't use our weeks they roll over to the following year if we pay the maintenance fee, (3) if we don't want to use them we DO NOT have to pay the maintenance charge, (4) we now have access to a program that will rent any or all of our Regualr Weeks (not vacation fare weeks)if we want them to, and (5) we have access to an exchange program called the Registry Collection program, where we can deposit our weeks in exchange for very upscale programs worldwide including Abercrombie and Kent Travel. This means we can use our Grand Mayan weeks for, as an example, an African Safari if we choose.

They did this for us for us on ALL 5 of our Regular weeks. They also threw in 1 week/year at any of the Mayan Palaces (not to be used Dec-March except for Puerto Penasco).

In addition, we signed the contract that states once we turn 78 yrs old, we can use any of the Grand Mayans free of charge...no maintenance fee at all as long as we use it ourselves.

We ownabout 35 weeks of timeshares and NONE of them excuse owners from paying maintenace fees if they don't use them. It's almost unheard of.

We feel that this was well worth what we paid. We would have done this just for the Registry Collection.

It did not infuriate us in the least. All we had to do was say "NO" The sales people are not walking around the Grand anywhere, and all the sales happens at the farthest end of the Mayan Palace blocks away from the Grand. We choose to do this because from a business sense, it was well worth it to us.

Yes, they do hit owers up to upgrade. But loike any business, the Grand is in this to make money. They are buliding in Hawaii, Buenos Aires, probably in Costa Rica. They are opening in Cabos this fall. And our maintenance charge has gone up only $11-15/year for a 1 and 2 BR.

We have NO complaints. You should try dealing with alot of other very high end resorts and they are much more difficult to deal with and don't have any of the great benefits I mentioned.

Again, if you don't like what they have to offer in terms of upgrading, just say "NO"!

Hi there,

My husband and I have a couple of Grand Mayan weeks, and are considering upgrading to the 'Profile A' level. We're going down in August, and would love to have an idea of how much this would cost; would you be willing to say how much this cost you? Is it possible to negotiate a price with them, or is it a set amount?

Thanks very much!

Hi there,

We negotiated with them ALOT and it took all day. They say there is no room for negotiation and that it is a certain amount for each upgrade depending on what size unit and when it was purchased. You know, the time share spiel. But honestly, if you are there to upgrade and really interested in doing so, they will drop the price considerably. Go in with a price you want to spend to upgrade the units and tell them that's it. No more. That's what we did and we meant it and they were willing to work with us.

If you have any more questions you can email me directly at bethonly@hotmail.com and then I might be able to give you some more information over the phone.

Beth

We were pressured to upgrade also. Told we had to pay $5000.00 in order to get the 12 month advance reservation deal. We didn't think that was a good idea just to add 6 month reservation time opportunity. So, we said No and then they treated us very poorly. I'd rather sell my two weeks there. We also were given the "access" to them renting our weeks. We have tried that by signing up for them to rent our two weeks and 6 months later, no rental of our property, then RCI gets it. Also, trying to work with the Registry Collection is difficult also. Our Grand Mayan property isn't high enough rated to exchange for many of their properties. Guess I'm not a happy time share owner here. Sandra

Hi Sandra, We just upgraded and it was a very trying experience, but we did it based on the fact that maintenance fees are not mandatory and the use of the Registry Exchange. So I am curious as to you experience with the new exchange. Any insight would be appreciated.Thanks. John

John B.
Jul 13, 2007

Hi John,

My name is Beth and I wrote above about upgrading all 5 of our weeks. We have been very happy so far. We have moved a few of our vacation weeks we didn't use in 2007 to 2008 and reserved them to use then.

We took one of our 1 BR weeks and exchanged it for a huge 2 BR unit at the Grand Regina in Cabos which is a fractional owership which could be looked at as a "step up" from a regular timeshare. And the Grand traded as a 1 BR for their 2 BR which is great. ThisGrand Regina is Westin in Cabos's high end resort that has only 34 units all on the ocean and is very exclusive. We are going there next week.

And working with the Registry Collection was terrific. They were like working with any high end travel agency. They have 24 hour concierge service 365 dayss a year.

The only part that was difficlut was getting the Grand Mayan to deposit my week which was supposed to take 3 days and took almost 2 weeks, and I almost lost my reservation. I now have the name of a supervisor to speak to if this ever happens again.

I disagree with Sandra about where the grand is rated, and if you read the Registry Collection exchanges, the Grand Mayan is rated near the very top of the ladder.

Beth

Beth F.
Jul 14, 2007

ira10 wrote:
Hi John,

My name is Beth and I wrote above about upgrading all 5 of our weeks. We have been very happy so far. We have moved a few of our vacation weeks we didn't use in 2007 to 2008 and reserved them to use then.

We took one of our 1 BR weeks and exchanged it for a huge 2 BR unit at the Grand Regina in Cabos which is a fractional owership which could be looked at as a "step up" from a regular timeshare. And the Grand traded as a 1 BR for their 2 BR which is great. ThisGrand Regina is Westin in Cabos's high end resort that has only 34 units all on the ocean and is very exclusive. We are going there next week.

And working with the Registry Collection was terrific. They were like working with any high end travel agency. They have 24 hour concierge service 365 dayss a year.

The only part that was difficlut was getting the Grand Mayan to deposit my week which was supposed to take 3 days and took almost 2 weeks, and I almost lost my reservation. I now have the name of a supervisor to speak to if this ever happens again.

I disagree with Sandra about where the grand is rated, and if you read the Registry Collection exchanges, the Grand Mayan is rated near the very top of the ladder.

Beth

Thanks for the reply. We called the registry exchange and except for the fact that Mayan Palace had not given us our membership number, they were very helpful. So your experience has been a light at the end of the tunnel.

John B.
Jul 24, 2007

Beth - sounds like you're quite the experienced trader! Question for you - We just returned from GM NV - enjoyed the visit, as usual, not so much the sales process. Anyway.... question for you... were you told that the Profile A was only available for income earners in the $180K plus range and that a minimum investment is $70K? We have a 1+1 that we upgraded a couple of years ago from an initial resale acquisition in 2002. We got a good deal back then so they're looking for us to pay a whole lot more now. Just wondering what they told you...

BTW, we have 2 years left on our required maintenance program (will only have to pay if we use thereafter), access to the Registry collection, Maz Pak & golf package already.

Thanks - S

San B.
Aug 12, 2007

What building would you recommend for the best view and convenience?

John C.
Aug 12, 2007

Hi John,

It really depends on whether you want to be closer to the lobby or the pools and the beach. As long as you request an ocean view, you should be fine. The grocery store is closer to the right side of the lobby. It's really hard to say. Everyone's needs are different.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Beth

Beth F.
Aug 13, 2007

ira10 wrote:
Hi John,

It really depends on whether you want to be closer to the lobby or the pools and the beach. As long as you request an ocean view, you should be fine. The grocery store is closer to the right side of the lobby. It's really hard to say. Everyone's needs are different.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Beth

Agreed - ask for oceanview though it's not a quarantee you'll get it (except, apparently now, for Profile A owners). We had two units booked in July & got one that was oceanview - after considerable 'discussion' with the receptionist & the manager. BTW, if you have a favorite spot by the pool, plan to get their early. Towels are the indication that the spot is reserved - and the towel hut hopes at 9am (I think). We went down at 8am & put down books & other miscellany only to find that security picked it up because we had not gotten towels (our belongings were at the towel hut).

San B.
Jan 03, 2008

tronstad wrote:
I am planning a stay in the Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta at the beginning of December. I am going with two friends, one of whom can not walk very well. Is there carts that will take one around the property like they have in Cancun? Or another way to get from the hotel part to the pool and restaurants?

NV trip cecember 2007 I just returned and hated the place. Very Rude people who work there. all they care about is of their bottom basement costs, not the interests of the guests. every procedure suggests that they do not trust anyone in any situation. Nothing there was completely enjoyable becuase of the unbelievably stupid and devious management. the weather was beautiful.

Meryl N.
Jan 07, 2008

mer1 wrote:
tronstad wrote:
I am planning a stay in the Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta at the beginning of December. I am going with two friends, one of whom can not walk very well. Is there carts that will take one around the property like they have in Cancun? Or another way to get from the hotel part to the pool and restaurants?

NV trip cecember 2007 I just returned and hated the place. Very Rude people who work there. all they care about is of their bottom basement costs, not the interests of the guests. every procedure suggests that they do not trust anyone in any situation. Nothing there was completely enjoyable becuase of the unbelievably stupid and devious management. the weather was beautiful.

I did not think the last reply answered your question. If you contact them you can probanly arrange for a wheelchair. There is a trainthat goes between the Mayan and the Grand but the stops are away from the bldg. The grand has a new Iralian restaurant on site that is fabulous and easy to get to if you are in one of the south end bldgs. The staff is usually helpful and polite. Have a great trip!

Joan I.
Jan 07, 2008

joan659

mer1 wrote:
tronstad wrote:

they would not have carts for you. I never saw wheel chairs that they provide either. If you go there expecting this kind of help from them good luck.!!!

Meryl N.
Jan 07, 2008

davem7 wrote:
This will be our first time to Grand Mayan, we have two children aged 12 and 13, what are the activities that we should be sure to include in our 2 week holiday. Anything to stay away from? Thanks Dave
their kids club is for very young children. There are no activities for kids. They have some games for all people but not very much.

Meryl N.
Jan 08, 2008

mer1 wrote:
davem7 wrote:
This will be our first time to Grand Mayan, we have two children aged 12 and 13, what are the activities that we should be sure to include in our 2 week holiday. Anything to stay away from? Thanks Dave
their kids club is for very young children. There are no activities for kids. They have some games for all people but not very much.

HEY DAVE,

I AGREE THAT THE KIDS CLUB IS FOR VERY YOUNG CHILDREN. BUT THAT HAS NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH YOU OR YOUR KIDS.

WE ARE OWNERS OF 10 WEEKS AT THE GRAND AND FOR KIDS YOUR CHILDREN'S AGES, IT'S JUST TERRIFIC. WE HAVE VACATIONED THERE A NUMBER OF TIMES WITH KIDS JUST THAT AGE, AND THEY HAVE THE: LAZY RIVER...HUGE WAVE POOL...HUGE SLIDE.... IN ADDITION TO ALL THE INTERCONNECTING POOLS.

THE KIDS ARE OLD ENOUGH TO RUN AROUND THE POOLS AND ALL OF THIS ALONE. THEY CAN GO TO THE SWIM UP BARS IN THE POOLS (IF YOU ALLOW THEM TO) AND ORDER A NON-ALCOHOLIC DACQUIRI OR SLUSHI OR SODA AND DRINK IT IN THE POOL.

THERE IS THE WONDERFUL BEACH AND A RESTAURANT AT THE BEACH WHERE THEY CAN GO AND ORDER LUNCH AND HANG OUT!

ALL OF OUR KIDS LOVED IT AND DO EVERYTIME WE GO.

AND PUERTO VALLARTA HAS ALOT TO DO. SWIMMING WITH THE DOLPHINS IS 5 MINUTES AWAY AND THERE ARE 3 DIFFERENT PLACES YO DO IT. YOU CAN CHECK THEM BOTH OUT AND SEE WHICH ONE YOU LIKE BETTER. THEY ARE A LITTLE DIFFERENT. THERE ARE THE ZIP LINES IN THE JUNGLE, HORSE BACKRIDING, BOAT TRIPS TO OTHER ISLANDS, WHALE WATCHING WHICH IS A BLAST THIS TIME OF YEAR.

THE RESTAURANTS IN P.V. ARE TERRIFI C...FOR ALL OF YOU.

YOU SHOULD HAVE A FABULOUS TIME. AND THE RESORT IS JUST BEAUTIFUL. WE ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO THE NEW ONE IN LOS CABOS IN FEB WITH SOME OTHER COUPLES. WE SAW IT IN AUG AND IT IS JUST SPECTACULAR. BUT MUCH SMALLER, MORE OF A BOUTIQUE HOTEL WITH NO AMENITIES OTHER THAN THE POOL/BEACH FOR THE KIDS. WHICH I THINK IS JUST FINE TOO!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP.

BETH

Beth F.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jan 08, 2008 05:36 PM

Jan 08, 2008

ira10 wrote:
mer1 wrote:
davem7 wrote:

HEY DAVE,

I AGREE THAT THE KIDS CLUB IS FOR VERY YOUNG CHILDREN. BUT THAT HAS NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH YOU OR YOUR KIDS.

WE ARE OWNERS OF 10 WEEKS AT THE GRAND AND FOR KIDS YOUR CHILDREN'S AGES, IT'S JUST TERRIFIC. WE HAVE VACATIONED THERE A NUMBER OF TIMES WITH KIDS JUST THAT AGE, AND THEY HAVE THE: LAZY RIVER...HUGE WAVE POOL...HUGE SLIDE.... IN ADDITION TO ALL THE INTERCONNECTING POOLS.

THE KIDS ARE OLD ENOUGH TO RUN AROUND THE POOLS AND ALL OF THIS ALONE. THEY CAN GO TO THE SWIM UP BARS IN THE POOLS (IF YOU ALLOW THEM TO) AND ORDER A NON-ALCOHOLIC DACQUIRI OR SLUSHI OR SODA AND DRINK IT IN THE POOL.

THERE IS THE WONDERFUL BEACH AND A RESTAURANT AT THE BEACH WHERE THEY CAN GO AND ORDER LUNCH AND HANG OUT!

AND PUERTO VALLARTA HAS ALOT TO DO. SWIMMING WITH THE DOLPHINS IS 5 MINUTES AWAY AND THERE ARE 3 DIFFERENT PLACES YO DO IT. YOU CAN CHECK THEM BOTH OUT AND SEE WHICH ONE YOU LIKE BETTER. THEY ARE A LITTLE DIFFERENT. THERE ARE THE ZIP LINES IN THE JUNGLE, HORSE BACKRIDING, BOAT TRIPS TO OTHER ISLANDS, WHALE WATCHING WHICH IS A BLAST THIS TIME OF YEAR.

YOU SHOULD HAVE A FABULOUS TIME. AND THE RESORT IS JUST BEAUTIFUL. WE ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO THE NEW ONE IN LOS CABOS IN FEB WITH SOME OTHER COUPLES. WE SAW IT IN AUG AND IT IS JUST SPECTACULAR. BUT MUCH SMALLER, MORE OF A BOUTIQUE HOTEL WITH NO AMENITIES OTHER THAN THE POOL/BEACH FOR THE KIDS. WHICH I THINK IS JUST FINE TOO!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP. IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME. WE HAVE MANY TIMESHARES ALL OVER MEXICO AND THE CARREBEAN THAT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO DISCUSS WITH YOU AT ANY TIME.

BETH

The lazy river has waves for two hours a day. other times its just that a lazy time floating. my son 11 was quicky tired of it. they have broken tiles all over where he cut his foot badly. They csame over to look and offer their medical service for a fee but no bandaid. the food is really awful. the room service is only acceptable. the beach has brown coarse sand. they lie about everything. if you go on a boat ride and you are goup of 4 they take two of you . nothing is consistant. sometimes the kayaks are opened. other times you walk there and the attendant is off somewhere else. sometimes the boats take you to the end other times they do not. when we checked in they told us we had a room with a nice view. well it was of construction and very dirty. pubic hair in the sink. they lost our laundry and than charged us 30 dollars for two bags of wrinked part dry clothes stuffed in a bag. food in the store is stale. you spend time returning it and with no receipt they complain. they do not have dishwashers and expect the guests before you to wash all the dishes or you get a 500 dollar fee. so who knows if they were licked clean!!!. i can go on and on and on. go somewhere else!!!

Meryl N.
Jan 08, 2008

mer1 wrote:
ira10 wrote:
mer1 wrote:
davem7 wrote:

HEY DAVE,

HAVE A GREAT TRIP. IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME. WE HAVE MANY TIMESHARES ALL OVER MEXICO AND THE CARREBEAN THAT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO DISCUSS WITH YOU AT ANY TIME.

BETH

The lazy river has waves for two hours a day. other times its just that a lazy time floating. my son 11 was quicky tired of it. they have broken tiles all over where he cut his foot badly. They csame over to look and offer their medical service for a fee but no bandaid. the food is really awful. the room service is only acceptable. the beach has brown coarse sand. they lie about everything. if you go on a boat ride and you are goup of 4 they take two of you . nothing is consistant. sometimes the kayaks are opened. other times you walk there and the attendant is off somewhere else. sometimes the boats take you to the end other times they do not. when we checked in they told us we had a room with a nice view. well it was of construction and very dirty. pubic hair in the sink. they lost our laundry and than charged us 30 dollars for two bags of wrinked part dry clothes stuffed in a bag. food in the store is stale. you spend time returning it and with no receipt they complain. they do not have dishwashers and expect the guests before you to wash all the dishes or you get a 500 dollar fee. so who knows if they were licked clean!!!. i can go on and on and on. go somewhere else!!!

i suspect the ones writing good reviews here are trying to rent the weeks they are buying and have to praise the place. yes, they were also all lied to being told renting these weeks is easy and a good investment

Meryl N.
Jan 08, 2008

mer1 wrote:
mer1 wrote:
ira10 wrote:
mer1 wrote:
davem7 wrote:

HEY DAVE,

BETH

i suspect the ones writing good reviews here are trying to rent the weeks they are buying and have to praise the place. yes, they were also all lied to being told renting these weeks is easy and a good investment

Hello Again,

First of all, I really take offense at your comments which are very uncalled for and without any profocation. You DO NOT know me or anything about me or why I have purchased my timeshares.

And what's with the constant Grand Mayan bashing anyway??? Is it just this resort, or do you just not "get" travel in Mexico in general. So many of your comments actually "say" alot.

In addition, we have stayed at the Grand many times and have found the place not just clean, but spotless. And so have all of our friends and family that we travel with year after year. And we are used to traveling at VERY UPSCALE resorts all over the world!

And, if you "suspect the ones" writing these glowing recommendations are doing so because we were "lied to" by the resort and need to do this so we can "rent our weeks" to those few people that actually read this forum...you are completely mistaken.

Second, I was NEVER told by anyone that buying at their resort was a "good investment", or that renting out my weeks would be "easy". Possibly that was told to you which is why you seem to harbor such anger at the resort. I do not know and I really don't care.

Now, I can only speak for myself, but I wrote what I did in response to your comments and to answer the mans questions about what there was to do for his particualar aged kids. Period. This is how I feel and so that is what I wrote. The truth. No games. No lies. Just the facts as I see them. That's it.

If I didn't like the Grand Mayan, why would I own 10 weeks and have continued to buy them year after year? I purchased them to use for myself, and my family and friends. Whether or not I choose to rent them out is none of your concern, but I really resent your comments and their implications.

Please keep them to yourself and stick to the topic of discussing questions about the resort and not making negative comments about other members who are trying to honestly help other people with their questions or concerns.

It would really be appreciated.

Thank you!

Beth

Beth F.
Jan 08, 2008

In response to the person complaining about the GM, I can only guess that we must stay at a different NV GM than they do. First, the lazy river is just what it implies LAZY, the rapids are only for a brief period for a reason,to provide something different, any Lazy river I have ever encountered did NOT a time for 'rapids" .The service is beyond reproach, the rooms and common areas immaculate. And, you can hardly hold the resort responsible for the type of sand on the beach for heaven sake. We stay at the GM up to 9 weeks a years, and have nothing but praise for the resort. You do not sound like seasoned travelers, you expect to go to a foreign country and have it be like just like home. This is why one travels, to experience new things and different cultures. Do yourself a favor, go to Disney World nexttime, it is no less than you deserve. OH yes, the fee for unwashed dishes is $50.00 or about 500 pesos, NOT $500 dollars. You folks need to get a life!

Kenneth A.
Jan 10, 2008

kennetha37 wrote:
In response to the person complaining about the GM, I can only guess that we must stay at a different NV GM than they do. First, the lazy river is just what it implies LAZY, the rapids are only for a brief period for a reason,to provide something different, any Lazy river I have ever encountered did NOT a time for 'rapids" .The service is beyond reproach, the rooms and common areas immaculate. And, you can hardly hold the resort responsible for the type of sand on the beach for heaven sake. We stay at the GM up to 9 weeks a years, and have nothing but praise for the resort. You do not sound like seasoned travelers, you expect to go to a foreign country and have it be like just like home. This is why one travels, to experience new things and different cultures. Do yourself a favor, go to Disney World nexttime, it is no less than you deserve. OH yes, the fee for unwashed dishes is $50.00 or about 500 pesos, NOT $500 dollars. You folks need to get a life!

When someone says the sand is beautiful it needs a coment from someone whois honest. the sand is not soft and white which is what people are hoping for. I never said it was the resorts fault they have this sand only when they claim its nice does it put them at fault. why are the guests asked to wash dishes and return dirty towels if its so high quality. I travel all over the world and have been to Itlay and Greece, Croatia, Monico, Hawaii, Jackson Hole, Quebec, Sardinia, to name a few. yes Disney too! I have never been treated so poorly. You obviously own there so you cannot say it is bad or your investment tanks. Readers, do you believe it is OK and sanitary to have previous guests wash the dishes for your family?.... the cost is irelevant. I dont believe anyone who says Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta is a good place, is being truthful. we will have to let the ones who have not been there yet decide who to believe. Its a bad choice yes go to Disney it is clean in their resorts.

Meryl N.
Jan 10, 2008

mer1 wrote:
kennetha37 wrote:

When someone says the sand is beautiful it needs a coment from someone whois honest. the sand is not soft and white which is what people are hoping for. I never said it was the resorts fault they have this sand only when they claim its nice does it put them at fault. why are the guests asked to wash dishes and return dirty towels if its so high quality. I travel all over the world and have been to Itlay and Greece, Croatia, Monico, Hawaii, Jackson Hole, Quebec, Sardinia, to name a few. yes Disney too! I have never been treated so poorly. You obviously own there so you cannot say it is bad or your investment tanks. Readers, do you believe it is OK and sanitary to have previous guests wash the dishes for your family?.... the cost is irelevant. I dont believe anyone who says Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta is a good place, is being truthful. we will have to let the ones who have not been there yet decide who to believe. Its a bad choice yes go to Disney it is clean in their resorts.

Kenneth,

I agree with everything you have said to this woman who obviously has it in for this phenomenal 5*plus resort. I am so tired of hearing her complain almost daily. Who really cares about how she feels anyway.

Thanks for your input. It was much appreciated. And we love it there as well. We are going to Cabo with 2 other couples next month. Saw the place in August right before they opened and it's spectacular. Heard they broke ground in Hawaii. Yeah!!!

Beth

Beth F.
Jan 11, 2008

ira10 wrote:
mer1 wrote:
kennetha37 wrote:

Kenneth,

I agree with everything you have said to this woman who obviously has it in for this phenomenal 5*plus resort. I am so tired of hearing her complain almost daily. Who really cares about how she feels anyway.

Thanks for your input. It was much appreciated. And we love it there as well. We are going to Cabo with 2 other couples next month. Saw the place in August right before they opened and it's spectacular. Heard they broke ground in Hawaii. Yeah!!!

Beth

Oh just to ad this one. they also lost my laundry and I lost a day looking for it for them. so since this is only part of my "treasured experience here at the "wonderful Grand Mayan", can you see why I want people to know about the fraud perpetraded here. Yes, I wasted time and money, so I do have it in for this resort. they damaged my vacation time also on a daily basis, so if I can inform people to go elsewhere, I am happy. too bad you bought from these people. they have your money now. As long as you are reponding with "your owners perspective" on a daily basis I will be responding just as often.

Meryl N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.