Jun 08, 2007

Has anyone dealt with or heard of JRPTimeshares of Miami? They ask for a much smaller upfront fee then most resellers. I'm wondering if they are legit.

Nancy N.
Jun 09, 2007

How much smaller? You have to remember that ANY upfront fee you give the company is money in their pocket for doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Please look at the 'No Upfront Fee Resale Companies' listed in this forum.

nancyn60 wrote:
Has anyone dealt with or heard of JRPTimeshares of Miami? They ask for a much smaller upfront fee then most resellers. I'm wondering if they are legit.

R P.
Jun 09, 2007

There is excellent information about how to sell your timeshare at the Timeshare Users Group (aka TUG) web site www.tug2.net

One bulletin board/forum at TUG is devoted exclusively to this topic. There is a detailed article in a "sticky" at the top of the board. To view it go to http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44

There is no cost for reading the information on the various bulletin boards at TUG. If you wish to post questions or replies, you need to "register" by choosing a username and password. The process is simple and free.

To become a full member of TUG, the cost is $10. per year or $25 for 3 years. This enables you to enter the "Resort Reviews" section which contains reviews of over 3500 timeshares world-wide. There are other members only sections too. It's the best investment I've ever made. I've been a member for 12 years and it saved me from making all the mistakes that so many other timeshare owners have made--such as buying the wrong timeshare product at too high a price.

Marie M.

Last edited by msmendy on Jun 09, 2007 11:05 AM

Jun 09, 2007

melissac119 wrote:
doesnt redweek charge an upfront fee to post your timeshare ad....i thought when i was signing up i was paying to post my ad....oh no i was signing up to be a member of there website there is an additional 50 dollars to post an ad and then all the extras. 10 dollars a week here 15 dollars a week there....why hasnt that been brought in these forums yet....
HI Melissac119 I have done it all wrong ... so to speak ... paid condoworld 1000 to list and never hear from them. Thought i would try redweek but i am leary as so much comes up after the first hook. So, to post my timeshare it would cost more than the !5$ for 12 months? Tell me honestly what you can. much appreciation

Catherine D.
Jun 10, 2007

catherined52 wrote:
melissac119 wrote:
doesnt redweek charge an upfront fee to post your timeshare ad....i thought when i was signing up i was paying to post my ad....oh no i was signing up to be a member of there website there is an additional 50 dollars to post an ad and then all the extras. 10 dollars a week here 15 dollars a week there....why hasnt that been brought in these forums yet....
HI Melissac119 I have done it all wrong ... so to speak ... paid condoworld 1000 to list and never hear from them. Thought i would try redweek but i am leary as so much comes up after the first hook. So, to post my timeshare it would cost more than the !5$ for 12 months? Tell me honestly what you can. much appreciation

Hi Catherine,

Our prices to post your timeshare for sale on RedWeek.com would be a 12 month membership for $14.99 plus the 12 month sale posting for $49.99. For all our pricing please click on this link http://www.redweek.com/pricing-and-details

Hope you'll give us a try!

Marty

Marty F
Jun 10, 2007

jennie, with all due respect, one does not need to access Tug (or any other timeshare site) concerning information on how to sell their timeshare. There's more than enough info here in Redweek's forums.

As far as posting a timeshare sale/rental ad on Tug as opposed to Redweek, there's no comparison as Redweek is the number one timeshare rental/sales site on the internet and gets thousands of hits a day. The majority of renters and prospective buyers have never even heard of Tug.

Same with rental info. I always direct renters to all your excellent posts here concerning that subject. No need for them to go elsewhere.

jennie wrote:
There is excellent information about how to sell your timeshare at the Timeshare Users Group (aka TUG) web site www.tug2.net

One bulletin board/forum at TUG is devoted exclusively to this topic. There is a detailed article in a "sticky" at the top of the board. To view it go to http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44

There is no cost for reading the information on the various bulletin boards at TUG. If you wish to post questions or replies, you need to "register" by choosing a username and password. The process is simple and free.

To become a full member of TUG, the cost is $10. per year or $25 for 3 years. This enables you to enter the "Resort Reviews" section which contains reviews of over 3500 timeshares world-wide. There are other members only sections too. It's the best investment I've ever made. I've been a member for 12 years and it saved me from making all the mistakes that so many other timeshare owners have made--such as buying the wrong timeshare product at too high a price.

R P.
Jun 10, 2007

catherine, Redweek is an internet timeshare listing site, they are not an upfront fee resale company that charges hundreds of dollars upfront and then do nothing to sell your timeshare. Redweek is a bargain as it get thousands of hits a day and is the #1 timeshare listing site on the internet.

With Redweek, you are actually the seller/renter of your own timeshare and if you price it right you will more than likely sell it here as opposed to any other way. In other words, you are in complete control of your ad and what you state in that ad. The ads are very easy to construct and they can be edited at any time to lower your price, add info or whatever.

Redweek is a business and they have overheard (server space, employees, programmers etc.) like any other business.

Quote:
catherined52 wrote: doesnt redweek charge an upfront fee to post your timeshare ad....i thought when i was signing up i was paying to post my ad....oh no i was signing up to be a member of there website there is an additional 50 dollars to post an ad and then all the extras. 10 dollars a week here 15 dollars a week there....why hasnt that been brought in these forums yet....

R P.
Jun 11, 2007

Jayjay, as much as I respect your opinion on all matters concerning timeshare purchases, I have to disagree with you on your comments about TUG.

TUG has a really great article, written by Dave M., and it discusses all aspects of selling a timeshare, including companies and scams to avoid and what the next step is, and free contracts for selling. TUG has helped me really love the timeshares we have, and now we own many more, most of which we have purchased here on Redweek! TUG recommends Redweek, which is great for this site as well. I think it would behoove Redweek to recommend TUG more readily, as TUG has always done for Redweek. Both sites are in the business of helping those who own timeshare or want to own.

Cindy

Sun or Snow T.
Jun 11, 2007

jayjay wrote:
jennie, with all due respect, one does not need to access Tug (or any other timeshare site) concerning information on how to sell their timeshare. There's more than enough info here in Redweek's forums.

As far as posting a timeshare sale/rental ad on Tug as opposed to Redweek, there's no comparison as Redweek is the number one timeshare rental/sales site on the internet and gets thousands of hits a day. The majority of renters and prospective buyers have never even heard of Tug.

Same with rental info. I always direct renters to all your excellent posts here concerning that subject. No need for them to go elsewhere.

jennie wrote:

jay jay, I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of the value of Redweek, and the info contained in these forums. My one big "gripe" however, is the disorganized way in which the Redweek forums are set up. I suggested months ago that Redweek set up these forums in the same format used by TUG, Timeshare Forums, and many other web sites, but it has not been done.

The big problem here at the Redweek forums is that excellent information is spread out all over the place. For instance, many excellent recommendations are posted in "Selling my Timeshare" while other similar excellent recs are posted in "How to get rid of a timeshare". It is a daunting task to wade through a lot of repetitve info to find the exact topic or answer the reader is looking for. Heck, I've even had major difficulty finding my own posts. I see a "new" question and know I have answered it previously in great detail "somewhere" here at Redweek. It can take me a long time to find it even though I know what I'm looking for.

At TUG, one can post a question and check back subsequently and see many answers posted in one place. It's just a better, more efficient way to obtain desired information.

In addition, TUG has organized key information about frequently asked questions in the "stickys" at the top of each forum/bulletin board. There is a wealth of great information at the top of TUG's "Buying, Selling, Renting" board re: Selling a Timeshare and Renting a Timeshare. Under the "sticky"topic of recommended resale and rental web sites, Redweek is listed as the #1 resource to use. http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Jay jay, you are absolutely correct in saying that "The majority of renters and prospective buyers have never even heard of Tug". But if you and I refer the people reading these Redweek forums to TUG, maybe some of them will get the information they need to prevent them from buying the "wrong" timeshare at the "wrong" price. And those who have already made the big mistake will at least gain some knowledge that can help them make the best of a bad situation.

I was recommending TUG for information, NOT as a better place to place rental or sale ads. I have posted many of my rental ads here at Redweek and at TUG. I have received far greater response and positive results from the Redweek ads.

I do like the fact that TUG has a "Last Minute Rental Board." Ads can be placed on it for FREE if it is within 45 days of the check-in date. The maximum asking price is restricted to $100. per night or $700. per week, which many TUG members think is too low. But it's a good way to recoup some of the mainitenance fees on a week that has not rented on Redweek. It would be great if Redweek would establish the same type of Last Minute section (not necessarily for free).

Marie M.
Jun 11, 2007

Jennie, I do disagree with the idea most people don't know about Tug! I was sent there last year from Trip Advisor to get some answers and I did! I do see some of the same people on both sites too!

I had never heard of Redweek and I will spend much more time reading about different topics on timesharing on Tug than Redweek any day!

I finally joined Redweek and did pay to list our condo for rent with no interest for Memorial Week and it wasn't the price before someone goes there!

Another person pulled his ad and had the resort rent it out and it only took two days to do what he couldn't get done on Redweek. We as owners e-mailed each other about this and three weeks later with same results (none) I gave up too!

I pulled our ad two weeks before our week because we used it and decided to stop wasting any more time with ad on here!

The resort told me they could rent it because they were booked out but we used it ourselves!

I will not throw more money away on ads and have already given our lock-off for 2008 winter months to the resort to rent! This cost me nothing including no wasted time !

I see some brag how they rent on here all the time and that is great. I have stated this before that probably for everyone that rents there probably is a thousand that don't.

I also like the fact that many owners and Tug admins talk to you and try and help! I asked a question few weeks ago to another owners and next morning I had very nice e-mail from Admin explaining what to do and solved my problem without me even asking him! Here on Redweek its the same people like jayjay and you do get some good information most of the time. I think Redweek is a decent site but its not the American Flag and Moms Apple Pie some make it out to be, its just a forum for timeshares!

I will give credit to Marty after seeing post and people only hearing from jayjay on nearly all post Marty has stepped it up and starting talking to more members on here! Now if she would stop deleting every post that has words with jayjay it would be great!

I know jayjay only thinks Redweek is the site to use. She seems to dislike anyone who uses other sites and maybe because from what I have been told by others she was banned on Tug for life. I think telling people about all sites that can help is a good thing and this isn't knocking Redweek because I am a member also.

I have had owners e-mail me on Tug asking me a question or trying to answer one for me . On here your told how to think and if you disagree your wrong!

I had a owner e-mail me when he found we were going to be in same area and ask and also gave me some new idea's of our area! We went to dinner one night at his resort (WALLY'S) and had great dinner! Have been back for dinner three times now!

I feel because more than one or two people try and help others that Tug is better site and much more friendly! IMHO

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Nov 08, 2007 05:05 PM

Jun 12, 2007

I agree that Redweek's forums need work with organization. They are supposedly in the process of starting a search feature and they could certainly take some tips from Tug's forums as to the different timeshare topics listed.

Too many posts here are in the wrong forum and some posts don't seem to be related to the thread topic at all. There should be added topics related to the many different aspects of timesharing. That would certainly help with organization.

However, you must remember that Tug uses non-paid volunteers to do all the work there, post reviews, ads and keep all threads in order. As far as I know Redweek has no volunteers to do all this work.

Redweek's forums are in their infancy and I hope that they continue to upgrade and for easier reading/searching as is the ease in finding particular ads/locations on this site (it's the best). I believe one day that Redweek's forums will be the top timeshare discussion site on the internet if they can just get their act together. This takes time as it did with Tug.

I have all the respect in the world for DaveM at Tug. He has worked very hard for that site for free.

However, I would never recommend Tug to anyone here at Redweek simply because of the business model the owner upholds. He USES non-paid volunteers (I know they aren't hogtied, but I still find this unethical) to run the site and he uses Tug members to post reviews while all he does in take in the money. It seems the members and volunteers do ALL the work there.

He has never posted a financial statement on Tug concerning where all the money goes and I have never seen him contribute anything to the forums concerning his knowledge of timesharing. I think his son his doing a better job, but I still can't condone Tug's business model of using non-paid volunteers. Without all those volunteers Tug wouldn't exist at all.

jennie wrote:
The big problem here at the Redweek forums is that excellent information is spread out all over the place. For instance, many excellent recommendations are posted in "Selling my Timeshare" while other similar excellent recs are posted in "How to get rid of a timeshare". It is a daunting task to wade through a lot of repetitve info to find the exact topic or answer the reader is looking for. Heck, I've even had major difficulty finding my own posts. I see a "new" question and know I have answered it previously in great detail "somewhere" here at Redweek. It can take me a long time to find it even though I know what I'm looking for.

At TUG, one can post a question and check back subsequently and see many answers posted in one place. It's just a better, more efficient way to obtain desired information.

In addition, TUG has organized key information about frequently asked questions in the "stickys" at the top of each forum/bulletin board. There is a wealth of great information at the top of TUG's "Buying, Selling, Renting" board re: Selling a Timeshare and Renting a Timeshare. Under the "sticky"topic of recommended resale and rental web sites, Redweek is listed as the #1 resource to use. http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Jay jay, you are absolutely correct in saying that "The majority of renters and prospective buyers have never even heard of Tug". But if you and I refer the people reading these Redweek forums to TUG, maybe some of them will get the information they need to prevent them from buying the "wrong" timeshare at the "wrong" price. And those who have already made the big mistake will at least gain some knowledge that can help them make the best of a bad situation.

I was recommending TUG for information, NOT as a better place to place rental or sale ads. I have posted many of my rental ads here at Redweek and at TUG. I have received far greater response and positive results from the Redweek ads.

I do like the fact that TUG has a "Last Minute Rental Board." Ads can be placed on it for FREE if it is within 45 days of the check-in date. The maximum asking price is restricted to $100. per night or $700. per week, which many TUG members think is too low. But it's a good way to recoup some of the mainitenance fees on a week that has not rented on Redweek. It would be great if Redweek would establish the same type of Last Minute section (not necessarily for free).

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jun 12, 2007 07:16 AM

Jun 12, 2007

phill, I would hope that you continue to be a member of Redweek's forums. Although you and I have disagreed on occasion concerning different topics, you offer some valuable information here, especially concerning Ridge Tahoo.

Redweek doesn't GUARANTEE that you will rent or sell your unit. That's up to you and your ad ... how much you're charging, season, supply and demand etc. Redweek is merely a listing service and they are the most popular timeshare sales/rentals site on the internet with thousands of hits a day.

R P.
Jun 12, 2007

jayjay wrote:
... Redweek is merely a listing service and they are the most popular timeshare sales/rentals site on the internet with thousands of hits a day.
Thanks, Mom.

Carrie S.
Jun 12, 2007

jayjay wrote:
phill, I would hope that you continue to be a member of Redweek's forums. Although you and I have disagreed on occasion concerning different topics, you offer some valuable information here, especially concerning Ridge Tahoo.

Redweek doesn't GUARANTEE that you will rent or sell your unit. That's up to you and your ad ... how much you're charging, season, supply and demand etc. Redweek is merely a listing service and they are the most popular timeshare sales/rentals site on the internet with thousands of hits a day.

Jayjay you are right about renting and Redweek sells you a place to try and rent/sell your unit of coarse for a price!

In my case I think wasting time and money to get nothing done just not worth it! If I had rented then yes I would have been all excited and ready to try again but fact is it didn't happen! I also ordered the rental agreement and didn't even open the mail up because I didn't rent!

I could have rented through resort and made more money and had the deal done without wasting my time! We offered Memorial week and I was offering at $200.00 a night and the resort was renting at $385.00 a night and sold out of our buildings! It wasn't the price! Also without worry of being scammed!

I'm sure people like yourself have no problem because it sounds like you have spent many years dealing with timesharing like Jennie!

Your right about us having some disagreements but isn't that what forums are all about! Talking to others and learning and hearing someone else's opinions! I know I have had my idea's changed a few times!

The big differences here is you think Redweek is the greatest and I think its just a forum and a good one for timesharing but its just another site to me. I like Tug and spend time on Trip Advisor where I probably learn more about travel area's.

Tug and Redweek are more about learning detailed information on timesharing and all these sites serve travelers and timeshare owners!

There are many things I don't know and that is why I am on these sites also!

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Jun 13, 2007 11:12 AM

Jun 12, 2007

phill, I don't believe that there are any members here trying to tell people 'what to do' and 'how to think'. You have to remember that we answer questions trying to give accurate advice/information due to our personal experience(s) concerning timesharing.

It's up to the reader whether to follow that advice, go on to the next advice or ignore any advice altogether (kind of like performing due diligence when buying a timeshare) .... the same with any other timeshare forum. They are all opinions/experiences of the writer.

There are beginning to be more timeshare educated people posting on Redweek's forums, which I am glad to see. I hope it continues.

Stay around ....... :o)

phill12 wrote:
I try and help people on these sites when it is a subject I understand but I will also tell someone where to go when they try and tell me how to think. There have been post on here from people that do this and try and be a smart A-- about it and I will not take it from them,I'm not shy!

There are many things I don't know and that is why I am on these sites also!

R P.
Jun 13, 2007

jayjay, you are kidding about TUG, right?

It costs money to run a site and keep it upgraded. They only make $15.00 a year to join and give a free classified ad. The volunteers love timeshare, which makes them biased toward timeshare.

If it weren't for TUG, I would not have found Redweek. I don't understand your attitude toward TUG at all. Redweek is all about capitalism and profit, while TUG is about helping timeshare owners. There is a huge difference to my mind.

Your forums do need to be upgraded, if you are going to be a viable competition to TUG and Timeshareforums. If your attitude against TUG is spouted much here, I guarantee you will lose business from TUG members.

Sun or Snow T.
Jun 13, 2007

Kidding, absolutely not.

And I find it disheartening that you would discredit all of Redweek because of my opinion of Tug posted here. I HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH REDWEEK AS MODERATOR OR ANYTHING ELSE. I am merely a Redweek member that has been here since the inception of their forums. Please go back and edit your false statements on Tug concerning my supposed moderator status on Redweek's forums.

Everything I said was right on the money concerning Tug's business model.

cynthia281 wrote:
jayjay, you are kidding about TUG, right?

It costs money to run a site and keep it upgraded. They only make $15.00 a year to join and give a free classified ad. The volunteers love timeshare, which makes them biased toward timeshare.

If it weren't for TUG, I would not have found Redweek. I don't understand your attitude toward TUG at all. Redweek is all about capitalism and profit, while TUG is about helping timeshare owners. There is a huge difference to my mind.

Your forums do need to be upgraded, if you are going to be a viable competition to TUG and Timeshareforums. If your attitude against TUG is spouted much here, I guarantee you will lose business from TUG members.

R P.
Jun 13, 2007

I have sent the following email to the administrators at Tug:

Please see that the thread titled ("Redweek forums: opinion of TUG by moderator there") by rickandcindy is deleted as it contains untruths.

jayjay is NOT A MODERATOR OR ANYTHING ELSE AT REDWEEK but a mere member that expressed his opinion concerning Tug's business model just as members of Tug espouse their opinions on a myraid of timeshare subjects and companies. Cindy has denigrated and told untruths concerning Redweek on your forums. Please email her and tell her to get her facts straight before posting any more lies concerning Redweek.

R P.
Jun 13, 2007

Hi guys... Sorry... I need to jump in on this thread. TUG and RedWeek are not enemies. We work in the same marketplace and we provide similar services. That would make us competitors in those services. It's obvious that TUG users are mostly people who are very active in timesharing and many are very active on RedWeek, both in the forums and in the trading side.

These forums and those on TUG are both open to the public. We like to see people get passionate about our service and appreciate all that some people do to make these forums most useful. Sometimes loyalties can raise that passion to a high pitch. I'm a person that enjoys a good debate. But it gets uncomfortable when it gets personal.

I'd like to caution for calm here. You are all great contributors but this argument is getting uncomfortable. People make mistakes when they get passionate. We see those mistakes on our site and on TUG. Eventually the truth seems to get figured out.

We don't advocate promotion of other sites here... especially those that compete with us. We've provided some special flexibility for TUG in that it is an ethical business that provides a significant service to heavy traders of timeshare. We also don't advocate attacking other sites. Though, we know that it happens. Our interest is in getting people's knowledge and experiences out in the open to help those that are new and are searching for facts.

Participants in this particular thread have been on the same plane in your interest in helping newbies through the complexity of timesharing. I want to thank you all for that and to encourage that kind of discourse.

Randy Conrads

Randy C.
Jun 13, 2007

randy wrote:
Hi guys... Sorry... I need to jump in on this thread. TUG and RedWeek are not enemies. We work in the same marketplace and we provide similar services. That would make us competitors in those services. It's obvious that TUG users are mostly people who are very active in timesharing and many are very active on RedWeek, both in the forums and in the trading side.

These forums and those on TUG are both open to the public. We like to see people get passionate about our service and appreciate all that some people do to make these forums most useful. Sometimes loyalties can raise that passion to a high pitch. I'm a person that enjoys a good debate. But it gets uncomfortable when it gets personal.

I'd like to caution for calm here. You are all great contributors but this argument is getting uncomfortable. People make mistakes when they get passionate. We see those mistakes on our site and on TUG. Eventually the truth seems to get figured out.

We don't advocate promotion of other sites here... especially those that compete with us. We've provided some special flexibility for TUG in that it is an ethical business that provides a significant service to heavy traders of timeshare. We also don't advocate attacking other sites. Though, we know that it happens. Our interest is in getting people's knowledge and experiences out in the open to help those that are new and are searching for facts.

Participants in this particular thread have been on the same plane in your interest in helping newbies through the complexity of timesharing. I want to thank you all for that and to encourage that kind of discourse.

Randy Conrads

Maybe you should identify the actuall moderators of this forum and this wouldn't have happened!

Gene E.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.