Timeshare Companies

Global Vacation system

Jun 16, 2008

anns213 [We were contacted by GVS (Global Vacation System) 1000 5th Street Suite 20 Miami Beach, FL. 33139 Phone: (786) 629-8113 Fax: (786) 513-0728 , Michael Dean and asked to rent our points as well as sell certificates which were given during a sales presentation. We were told that we would get this money $11,ooo tax free for renting our points and $36,480.00 for the certificates with upfront fees of $8740.00 on the first sale the second part of the sale would be the remaining certificates given to us for an estimate of roughly a more than the first sale. We responded by telling them we had no problem with paying the taxes to US for the income. Then we were told that we should put the up front fees on a MasterCard or visa and if we did not get our money we could get the credit card company to reverse the charges. Yet when we got paper work to charge our credit card company, the document states that these charges for the up front fees could not be cancelled after 24 hours. I have just emailed this site to GVS. Needless to say we have not given any credit card information.[/Q]

We bought our timeshare in Mexico and have also been asked to provide a credit card to pay the upfront taxes. We were also offered an amount greater than what we payed, which makes no sense. Has anyone ever run these doc's by a lawyer?

Emmitt S.
Jul 23, 2008

Has anyone had any success about this company?

We are trying to sell our property and GVS is requesting 15% VAT ($7500). They said that they must do this transaction through Mexico so that they do not have to pay taxes through the US and that final payment can be wired through a bank in the Cayman Islands. The $7500 will be refunded in our final payment. I asked why we would need to pay upfront when they could just take it out of the final payment, but they said that the money would go into an escrow and would be held until the transaction is complete.

I've read a lot of the postings, but it doesn't sound like anyone has gone through with the whole transaction and had success. Just wondering, any help would be great!

Millicent A.
Jul 23, 2008

millicenta wrote:

We are trying to sell our property and GVS is requesting 15% VAT ($7500). They said that they must do this transaction through Mexico so that they do not have to pay taxes through the US and that final payment can be wired through a bank in the Cayman Islands. The $7500 will be refunded in our final payment. I asked why we would need to pay upfront when they could just take it out of the final payment, but they said that the money would go into an escrow and would be held until the transaction is complete.

I've read a lot of the postings, but it doesn't sound like anyone has gone through with the whole transaction and had success. Just wondering, any help would be great!

I don't know anything about this company, but in general, if you send the money you will never hear from them relative to this property again. Stan.

stanleyf5
Jul 24, 2008

VAT tax? That is the "Value Added Tax" widely used in Europe. What has that to do with selling a property in Mexico? Or is Millicanta in Europe? MD

Mary D.
Jul 24, 2008

adahiscout wrote:
VAT tax? That is the "Value Added Tax" widely used in Europe. What has that to do with selling a property in Mexico? Or is Millicanta in Europe? MD

Yes, they are charging a value added tax from Mexico, but the property is in the US. They said they must do this so that no taxes are paid in the US.

Millicent A.
Jul 29, 2008

I checked with the www.bbb.com and they gave them an F rating. These guys have a bad reputation. The address is incorrect and even the phone number is not the same as the one they put on the " guaranteed contract" that thay supposidly email you right away. I got a call from a John Garcia. Try calling the 866-648-7082 number and they never answer you have to leave a message every time.

Erik Z.
Jul 30, 2008

We checked them out and found that they received the F rating due to not responding to customer questions or complaints. They have 2 unanswered on the BBB.

They kept pushing for us to pay a VAT in Mexico for $7500 on credit card. What we found out was VAT is only paid for by the purchaser of goods or services. We were selling them our property which would make them the purchaser. We also found that no VAT is to be paid on real estate. Our rep with GVS was very good at contacting us, but very unclear and vague about the whole process. The documents that he sent to us had no details on rules or disclosures of the transfer of our money only that it was going to go through Mexico with a comany called GRS-Guarantee Rental System. I looked them up and found them to be another timeshare company. When I approached our rep about this, he stated that they were a timeshare company, but also an escrow company. That sounded a bit strange to me. I researched into the process of doing business through Mexico and several websites spoke of notaries and even having a lawyer to help because business practices can sometimes be a bit dodgy. GVS offered a title company on their website and when I asked if I could get a contact, they recommended GRS. Needless to say, we decided to not do business with them. The offer was too good to be true, and without any legal documentation or any details on the whole transaction, we refused. They did say though that they would give all of that AFTER we paid the $7500. Don't do business with these people, and if you do, let me know if it works out!!

Millicent A.
Aug 13, 2008

zanek4 wrote:
Has any one dealt with this company and if so how was your experience?

tHANKS FROM DALLAS

I am a member of this association and have used them one time. Had a good experience in Myrtle Beach, SC. Was playing in golf tournament with a friend that had a time share to go to so we rented a unit from GVS at a very cheap rate and spent a week on the beach with my friend being very envious of our unit over his.

John B.
Aug 13, 2008

tHANKS FROM DALLAS I am a member of this association and have used them one time. Had a good experience in Myrtle Beach, SC. Was playing in golf tournament with a friend that had a time share to go to so we rented a unit from GVS at a very cheap rate and spent a week on the beach with my friend being very envious of our unit over his.

Yes, but have you ever tried selling your timeshare or property to them? They want money up front for SELLING your property. How absurd is that? I'm sure you had a great experience with them, as long as they are making money, they are happy.

Millicent A.
Aug 13, 2008

millicenta wrote:
tHANKS FROM DALLAS
I am a member of this association and have used them one time. Had a good experience in Myrtle Beach, SC. Was playing in golf tournament with a friend that had a time share to go to so we rented a unit from GVS at a very cheap rate and spent a week on the beach with my friend being very envious of our unit over his.

Yes, but have you ever tried selling your timeshare or property to them? They want money up front for SELLING your property. How absurd is that? I'm sure you had a great experience with them, as long as they are making money, they are happy.[/Q

Are they not in business to make money? There is a sucker born every minute when it comes to Timeshare purchasing.

John B.
Aug 14, 2008

johnb1261 wrote:

You're speaking of a rental, not a sale. Don't ever pay an upfront fee to any company to list a timeshare for rent or for sale. As far as your rental week, they put it in a database that the vast majority many people will never see .... and I'm sure they charged the owner an upfront fee.

R P.
Aug 14, 2008

Does anyone know of a ligit site that one can sell a timeshare at all? I mean one that does not charge up front or just disapear?????Any names would help...

Thx.

Erik Z.
Aug 15, 2008

erikz7 wrote:
Does anyone know of a ligit site that one can sell a timeshare at all? I mean one that does not charge up front or just disapear?????Any names would help... Thx.

Judi Kozlowski's (a regular poster here in these forums) resale company belongs to a timeshare listing organization that charges no upfront fees www.tsxmls.com

Quote from Judi in a previous post:

"We are members of the Timeshare Xchange Multiple Listing Service www.tsxmls.com and none of the Brokers in the MLS charge an upfront fee. If they do they are kicked out. They all specialize in the resale of timeshare." Judi Kozlowski.

R P.
Aug 20, 2008

Before finding what works, I spent a lot of time and many months investigating the most popular companies online that promised lasting wealth. When I reviewed the Reverse Funnel System, I quickly learned that in reality, the product that they were selling was actually another company altogether known as the Global Resorts Network

Andrew J.
Aug 28, 2008

I am interested in knowing about your outcome with this company & Michael Dean. I am in a situation with them now for 2 months. Have you heard of anyone ever getting any money. Your story is exactly like mine.

millicenta wrote:

Den T.
Aug 28, 2008

All I know is that we offered them every opportunity to make a purchase work out. With every attempt it was always give us the money up front and we promise to give you your money. If we don't come through you can stop payment from your credit card. All I know is that when we received paper work from Michael Dean our paper was very clear. We waived our right to stop the credit card transaction and we waived our right to qustion the bill. The response from them was just hand right in that you have the right to question and stop the charge. Needless to say my feelings were not good about this from the beginning and as much as my husband tried to make it work out it just seemed too good to be true. With the response about the taxes. We told Michael Dean that we were not trying to get out of paying taxes to the US and that we did not need to side track the tax phase to make this work. If you have success please post but be very cautious about a promise of money after they make their money. Good luck Ann

Ann S.
Aug 31, 2008

We ended up not doing business with Michael Dean or Global Vacation System. Although we couldn't prove that it wouldn't work out, we were just sacrificing too much. Everything we were given from paperwork to their explanations was just vague. After asking Michael about all the legal terms, he said that they would send the paperwork AFTER we give them our credit card number for $7500. Although the papers to sign for the credit card did say that we could have a stop payment, we realized that you could only do this within 24 hours of the transaction. Michael said the whole process would take a week before we would see the remaining $57,500 for our property. That means you wait around for a week waiting for expected payment while they take your $7500 down payment for supposed Mexican "VAT" that you can now not cancel because it has been over the 24 hour cancellation period. I just thought it was a load of BS and said that I would be happy to do the transaction as long as they supplied the VAT. Michael's response was "This is the way we do business, if you don't like it, then GVS cannot help with purchasing the property". I looked on all the real estate laws and found that Mexican VAT is only for property located in Mexico. Our property is located in the United States. Michael's response to this was that the transaction was taking place in Mexico, but I came back telling him that his company, Global Vacation System, is located in Florida (supposedly). That's not my problem if their company is so scandalous that THEY want to do the transaction in Mexico to avoid paying US taxes. Like everyone else has said, it's just too good to be true. They made an insane offer on our property which was actually more than we bought it for without even looking at it! All in all, if you're thinking about it, DON'T DO IT!!!

Millicent A.
Sep 26, 2008

My mom has the same story.. Pay me now and you'll get a big check in the end. She paid the first time (I wasn't aware) and now is being asked top pay a second time while they process refunding the fees.

My mom has been waiting a year after paying with no results. She has been asking for the refund, now they say there is an issue with the escrow money but iof she pays another $7K, then life will be good.

We are going to ask via Email for the return of money but he has already said 'in a few months' going on 14 months.

And yes I know my typing is terrible

Robert H.
Oct 31, 2008

zanek4 wrote:
Has any one dealt with this company and if so how was your experience?

tHANKS FROM DALLAS

I am having great trouble with this company. What has your experience been? It is now 1 year for me and I still have not received a payoff. Every week for a year I have had contact with them and the payoff is always next week.

Anna R.
Nov 02, 2008

We played that same game for 3 months. We were foolish enough to fall for their lies and did give them the money for the "VAT' fees. Too late I contacted our Time share Co. only to be told no-one had every contacted them about buying our timeshare. When I told Michael this he had every excuse imaginable. My concern began when I could NEVER reach them by phone, every # they gave me was a dud. The only contact was via e-mail. John Garcia got rather nasty because I e-mailed every day. Thanks to my Visa company I did get a full refund for my payment for the Vat. I have never heard from them again. The last contact Michael was getting us free airline tickets to Mexico for all the delays they caused us.

Den T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.