General Discussion

Legal Firms

Jun 18, 2009

Has anyone heard of or used a Firm called GONZALEZ & GONZALEZ LAW FIRM claiming to help people fraudulently sold Mexican Timeshares?

Would like a reference.

Bill N.
Jun 18, 2009

I don't know anything about the above law firm except for what I've read here (search forums). I would also use google and other search engines to research this firm thoroughly before doing business with them.

R P.
Jun 26, 2009

Dear Billn80 and jayjay,

My name is Jose Gonzalez I am a Gonzalez and Gonzalez Law Firm representative. As you can see on our website, we are avid advocates in helping people who have been taken advantage from. Before accepting a case, we give people the tools to check who we are and give them the trust they need in order to make them feel comfortable with our services right from the beginning. In some cases, we have arranged to work on a 100% contingency basis so the costumer does not risk any monies upfront.

We are not just dedicated to helping people from US and Canada. We love and believe in our beautiful country and our compatriots; many people economy depend on tourism and we are also eager to make sure that future travelers will not have to suffer the problems other tourist have experienced.

I invite you if you have been a victim of timeshare in Mexico to contact us and talk to us about your matter. We will tell you honestly whether we can or can´t help you with your case.

Gonzalez G.
Jul 01, 2009

Yes, my husband and I used Gonzalez & Gonzalez Law Firm to help us recover thousands of dollars from a timshare scam that happened to us while we were on vacation in Mexico this spring.

Jose Gonzalez helped us and we were able to get out of our contract and all of our money was refunded. This is a legitimate law firm. They asked us for a down payment with the majority of their payment due upon receipt of our refund from the resort who took our money.

I know that after being scammed it is hard to trust anyone and I didn't trust this law firm either at face value. I decided to give them the initial payment which was about $700 and hope for the best with the understanding that I may not ever see my $700 again! Fortunately, we were able to get all of our money back, which was over $20,000 with the help of Jose Gonzalez.

I recommend them highly and good luck. This is a horrible problem taking place in Mexico and it ruined our vcacation and we will probably never return to Mexico after being scammed.

Hanna S.
Jul 01, 2009

I know that after being scammed it is hard to trust anyone and I didn't trust this law firm either at face value. I decided to give them the initial payment which was about $700 and hope for the best with the understanding that I may not ever see my $700 again! Fortunately, we were able to get all of our money back, which was over $20,000 with the help of Jose Gonzalez.

I'm glad this worked out for you but I would have never paid the $700 upfront fee to them or any other company! Talk about money chasing bad money this would be asking for more loss.

If this company or any other company is legit they can take their percentage from your returned money.

You say they did as agreed and if this is for real and your not just a shill you are very lucky.

If you paid $700 upfront and they got your $20,000 back how much more did they collect from you? There must have been another charge because other wise they had your $700 and as all other warnings go they had nothing else to gain except another fee.

PHILL12

Phil L.
Jul 02, 2009

Gonzalez law firm will charge you a percentage of what they recover to pay for their legal fees. Mr. Gonzalez will tell you upfront what the fee will be and what they will provide. You sign a contract that explains exactly what they will do for you and how much it will cost in the end. Yes, it stinks that we had to spend money to hire an attorney to fight to get our money back but it would have cost us much more to pay the money and impossible to move to Mexico and attempt to fight this in the Mexican court system.

This whole situation is sad and my husband and I are intelligent professional people from the United States and if we got scammed then it can happen to anyone. I am just thankful that Jose Gonzalez was willing to help us. If we hadn't found his law firm I'm not sure what we would have done.

Hanna S.
Jul 03, 2009

I am interested in using your firm to recover money paid to a timeshare that scammed us. Please reply.

Valerie A.
Jul 04, 2009

valeriea6 wrote:
I am interested in using your firm to recover money paid to a timeshare that scammed us. Please reply.

You can google Gonzalez and Gonzalez Law Firm to access their webpage and to get their contact information. I'm sure that's how the process starts .... contacting them.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jul 04, 2009 07:14 AM

Jul 04, 2009

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Valerie A.
Jul 04, 2009

Still waiting for references.

This Firm claims 15 years with 99% success?

Their Website (set up a few months ago) reveals nothing?

Reverse phone search shows unlisted in California?

To many Red Flags on this.

With a record like that there should be a lot of happy campers out there? Were are they?

Bill N.
Jul 04, 2009

billn80 wrote:
Still waiting for references.

This Firm claims 15 years with 99% success?

Their Website (set up a few months ago) reveals nothing?

Reverse phone search shows unlisted in California?

To many Red Flags on this.

With a record like that there should be a lot of happy campers out there? Were are they?

Good evening billn80,

We are experienced in the timeshare industry. In our staff we have not just lawyers, but ex-timeshare salesmen, ex-customer service representatives, people who have been taken advantage from in timeshares in Mexico.

Yes, we guarantee the cancellation of the contract or any monies paid to our company will be refunded. We are verified by PayPal (a company that offers buyer's protection).

Our telephone number is an internet based telephone so the potential and actual clients of our firm do not have to incur in expensive international telephone calls.

Our website is very recent, yes you are right. We usually have worked by getting referrals from our previous costumers. We believe that people that are treated good will recommend us. We decided to take the next step on the World Wide Web (I have to accept that computers are not one of my virtues). If you check, our domain is paid for the next five years; that means we are here to stay.

As far as references, let me address it this way. If you have been scammed by resorts in Mexico and have cancelled the contract, you should know that the resort asks you to sign a contract stating that you agree to the cancellation and reimbursement of the monies but you agree not to post anything negative over the internet. Otherwise, you could be facing a law suit in the U.S.A. or Canada. That is the reason why I cannot give you any references on redweek.

I invite you to call us or email us if you have any questions or concerns in regards of a timeshare in Mexico. We will be happy to help you.

Mr. González.

Gonzalez G.
Jul 17, 2009

Delete

Jean F.

Last edited by jeanf79 on Jul 20, 2009 05:08 AM

Jul 18, 2009

jeanf79 wrote:
I am a current client with the law firm and they are handling my case with professional and business ethics. Very satisfied how I am being representative by this firm.

A firm handling a case with professional business ethics is not the issue .... the bottom line is what the outcome will be.

I cannot recommend a company until there are hundreds of positive testimonials on their behalf (not shills that work for the company)

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jul 18, 2009 07:38 AM

Oct 27, 2010

thank you for your input but can you please give us your number so we can ask you personally because my wife and I can't trust anyone after we just got scammed. please feel free to email us and maybe we can have a conversation. thank you

Vu S.
Oct 27, 2010

please contact us via email so that we can ask you personally about this firm. thank you.

vudo23@gmail.com

Vu S.
Oct 27, 2010

vu wrote:
please contact us via email so that we can ask you personally about this firm. thank you.

vudo23@gmail.com

www.gonzaleslaw.com

email: info@gonzaleslaw.com

R P.
Jul 19, 2012

I know this post is 3 years old, but has anyone had experience with this law firm and what was the outcome? I have seen their website with the testimonials, but are they real?

Donna B.
Jul 19, 2012

billn80 wrote:
Has anyone heard of or used a Firm called GONZALEZ & GONZALEZ LAW FIRM claiming to help people fraudulently sold Mexican Timeshares?

Would like a reference.

Has anyone used this law firm and what was your experience with them as well as the outcome? I have seen the testimonials on their website, but are they real?

Donna B.
Jul 20, 2012

Yes, I had used them to get out of my timeshare with Hacienda Encantada in Cabo. It took over a year ended earlier in 2012 but, at the end I was release with no more payment, no bad credit score and a sigh of relief. Well worth it. They worked very hard for my case.

Jean F.
Jul 20, 2012

jeanf79 wrote:
Yes, I had used them to get out of my timeshare with Hacienda Encantada in Cabo. It took over a year ended earlier in 2012 but, at the end I was release with no more payment, no bad credit score and a sigh of relief. Well worth it. They worked very hard for my case.

Thats good to hear, I'm considering using their services. Thanks for the reply Jean.

Donna B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.