Club Casa Dorada Beach & Golf Resort (Dreams)

upgrade/special assessment fee

Dec 09, 2006

I recieved a $400 special assessment fee for our timeshare at CCD Beach & Golf Resort. It sounds like they are/have remodeled the rooms - has anyone else recieved the special assessment payment request? Can anyone confirm if the rooms have been upgraded and what they are like?

k

Kent L.
Dec 20, 2006

Yes, I've received such also, which is in excess of $20K per room, pretty hefty. Not sure if anything done yet. I have 2 weeks, , i.e. $800, so OUCH....especially this time of year!

Helen M.
Jan 15, 2007

I am looking at buying a unit in this Resort. How can I verify that this assessment has been paid prior to my Purchase? Is this a good time share to buy into. Any negative comments? thanks,Bob

Robert M.

Last edited by robert2223 on Jan 15, 2007 09:42 PM

Mar 06, 2007

I am an owner and was just there last week. The rooms are going to be absolutely gorgeous! We toured the refurb rooms to see where our money has gone. There will be granite counters in kitchen, new cabinets, new fridge, lights and new fixtures. The furniture will be all replaced, the walls painted and everything redone. The rooms are amazingly beautiful and I thinkyou will love them. When we were there, there were probably thirty rooms being redone at the same time. I am not sure when they expect them to be finished. The cost is appropriate for all the work they are doing. Marriott charges $24000 per unit redone. These will be every bit as nice. That said, why our maintenance fee doesn't cover refurbs is the real question. Is not a part of our money ear marked for this ? Who to ask? There are only 101 timeshare room at Casa Dorada and the rest are hotel rooms. It is a changing inventory based on what has been sold in each category. There is a site to see the rooms. I'll post after I find it again and they look exacltly like the pictures.

Greg S.
Mar 06, 2007

housefrau - Glad to hear you are happy with the changes and that the money is apparently worth it.... I look forward to getting the website info to see the pictures!

Kent L.
Mar 07, 2007

kent24 wrote:
I recieved a $400 special assessment fee for our timeshare at CCD Beach & Golf Resort. It sounds like they are/have remodeled the rooms - has anyone else recieved the special assessment payment request? Can anyone confirm if the rooms have been upgraded and what they are like?

k

What part of the Rental fee is applied toward the assesment being added to each unit? Renters tend to cause more abuse than Owners. Are we being stuck with the whole Enchalada? Or is gredit given to offset cost of upgrading? Make you wonder????

Robert M.
Mar 08, 2007

Robert, Is this a good place to buy? It depends on many factors. It is not in town or close to town. You must take a shuttle to town. That means you either need to take the all inclusive which is inexpensive really and eat all means at the resort or go to town. It is a MONday to Monday resort for check in and check out. Sometimes that does not fit peoples work schedule. That said we like the staff that remains the same each year and greets us like old friends and the unit we bought . We also have learned how to use the shuttle and town bus to go where we want. There is no rental fee if you buy, rather a maintenance fee paid each year to keep the place up. And there is no way we could pay for all the rooms with our maintenance fee.

Greg S.
May 13, 2007

housefrau wrote:
I am an owner and was just there last week. The rooms are going to be absolutely gorgeous! We toured the refurb rooms to see where our money has gone. There will be granite counters in kitchen, new cabinets, new fridge, lights and new fixtures. The furniture will be all replaced, the walls painted and everything redone. The rooms are amazingly beautiful and I thinkyou will love them. When we were there, there were probably thirty rooms being redone at the same time. I am not sure when they expect them to be finished. The cost is appropriate for all the work they are doing. Marriott charges $24000 per unit redone. These will be every bit as nice. That said, why our maintenance fee doesn't cover refurbs is the real question. Is not a part of our money ear marked for this ? Who to ask? There are only 101 timeshare room at Casa Dorada and the rest are hotel rooms. It is a changing inventory based on what has been sold in each category. There is a site to see the rooms. I'll post after I find it again and they look exacltly like the pictures.

During our stay last November I asked why our unit was in need of being refurbished and was told that the previous owners of the hotel were managing the timeshares and responsible for maintenance. Since the change in ownership of the hotel, I understand that the club has seperated timeshare maintenance and hotel maintenance, which may be the reason for the upgrades and the special assessment.

Encore R.
May 16, 2007

robert2223 wrote:
I am looking at buying a unit in this Resort. How can I verify that this assessment has been paid prior to my Purchase? Is this a good time share to buy into. Any negative comments? thanks,Bob
Hi Bob, Yes I paid the assessment, If you did not you cound not use the unit. Thanks, Bob Reichmuth

Robert R.

Last edited by marty8084 on May 16, 2007 01:06 PM

Jun 15, 2007

normr4 wrote:
housefrau wrote:

During our stay last November I asked why our unit was in need of being refurbished and was told that the previous owners of the hotel were managing the timeshares and responsible for maintenance. Since the change in ownership of the hotel, I understand that the club has seperated timeshare maintenance and hotel maintenance, which may be the reason for the upgrades and the special assessment.

Russell G.
Jun 15, 2007

normr4 wrote:
housefrau wrote:

Hi my name is russ and i am buying a time share now .but i have a question ? who are the new owners ?

Russell G.
Sep 10, 2007

refurbished rooms look very nice...unfortunately don't believe they are changing out the red marble in the bathrooms, although it may appeal to some tastes...everything else very nice.

Clint P.
Sep 10, 2007

clintp5 wrote:
refurbished rooms look very nice...unfortunately don't believe they are changing out the red marble in the bathrooms, although it may appeal to some tastes...everything else very nice.

Clintp5 - did they add anything to the room or is it primarily updating? I've been checking online but have not found any pictures of the rooms. We go in March and I can't wait.

Kent L.
Sep 11, 2007

e

kent24 wrote:
clintp5 wrote:

Clintp5 - did they add anything to the room or is it primarily updating? I've been checking online but have not found any pictures of the rooms. We go in March and I can't wait.

Kent, they put in granite countertops in the kitchenettes, resurfaced and painted walls,and doors new furniture/accessories and generally updated the light fixtures. very nice job all in all.

Clint P.
Jul 16, 2008

robert2223 wrote:

Hello, We have owned our timeshare in San Diego for over thirty years. I personally would not suggest buying a timeshare in any foreign country, especially Mexico. You cannot own the land in Mexico,so you are renting the land/timeshare for thirty years. And you are @ the descrition of the country as to how long you can lease the land. Buying a timeshare in the United States gives you a lot more options. You own it for life and can will it to your children etc. I would advise you to do a lot of research before purchasing in Mexico or the United States. And don't ever buy while you are on vacation Also, resaling timeshares is not easy and you will not get your purchase price. Timeshares depreciate in value after purchasing. So, it is usually owned for life. We love our timeshare and have exchanged in California (San Francisco, Monterey, San Diego), The Carribean(Jamaica, Ocho Ricos) Mexico Puerta Varieta, Cabo San Lucas). Do your homework before puchasing and when you do I know you will love every minute of timeshare ownership. Always, Dee Dee

Perdita B.

Last edited by perditab2 on Jul 16, 2008 10:44 AM

Jul 16, 2008

perditab2 wrote:
You should buy where you like to vacation, unless you like dealing with exchange companies and paying additional fees. As for owning in Mexico, many are managed or homebased in the US, including Casa Dorada, Villa del Palmar, Playa Grande, and Mayen. Also, there are no additional property taxes and the annual dues are usually lower than stateside because wages are lower.
robert2223 wrote:

Hello, We have owned our timeshare in San Diego for over thirty years. I personally would not suggest buying a timeshare in any foreign country, especially Mexico. You cannot own the land in Mexico,so you are renting the land/timeshare for thirty years. And you are @ the descrition of the country as to how long you can lease the land. Buying a timeshare in the United States gives you a lot more options. You own it for life and can will it to your children etc. I would advise you to do a lot of research before purchasing in Mexico or the United States. And don't ever buy while you are on vacation Also, resaling timeshares is not easy and you will not get your purchase price. Timeshares depreciate in value after purchasing. So, it is usually owned for life. We love our timeshare and have exchanged in California (San Francisco, Monterey, San Diego), The Carribean(Jamaica, Ocho Ricos) Mexico Puerta Varieta, Cabo San Lucas). Do your homework before puchasing and when you do I know you will love every minute of timeshare ownership. Always, Dee Dee

Encore R.
Jul 16, 2008

normr4 wrote:
You should buy where you like to vacation, unless you like dealing with exchange companies and paying additional fees. As for owning in Mexico, many are managed or homebased in the US, including Casa Dorada, Villa del Palmar, Playa Grande, and Mayen. Also, there are no additional property taxes and the annual dues are usually lower than stateside because wages are lower.

As a point of reference, Yes we do pay additional fees by using an exchange company but many Mexican timeshare companies do not have e the law etc that we have in the United States. Also the property taxes I pay are about $100.00 a year or less. And we bought in San Diego which is a two hour drive from our home and we don't have to fly everyone time we go to our resort and I can go to my home resort for two to three days and not use my entire week. Like I said, do your homework and see what best suits your needs. Owning in the US best suits my needs and I feel that my investment is safer than owning in Mexico or any other foreign country. Peace, Dee Dee

robert2223 wrote:

Perdita B.
Oct 25, 2012

Here we go again! Is it IN YOUR CONTRACT that they can do a SA? I strongly suggest that you all look at Raintree Resorts on Complaintsboard.com. We fought Raintree "Club Regina", in Cabo for several year and they were taken to court by 2 groups. They had to DROP the SA. It is not legal to "just decide" to ask for more money. FOLKS: They are in Cabo. Cabo is in Mexico. No one is traveling to Mexico. They need money! Why are we paying annual fees if not for maintenance and typical upgrades? We owned at both Club Regina and Casa Dorada. This is same song second verse! Also be aware that Casa Dorada wants everyone to pay and not question this FEE. Raintree "Club Regina" tried to get a SA 2 times in 2 yrs. Get your contact out, write to the Attorney General in your state, write BBB in your town. Make some noise and DO NOT PAY. They cannot legally refuse your time because they decide they want more money under the excuse they are doing upgrades. We walked away from Club Regina and took the loss. I guess we will do the same here. Again read your contact!!!!

Kathleen B.
Nov 25, 2012

My contract at Club Casa Dorada also does not mention a special assessment. What did you do just walk away, not pay annual fee? Any ideas would be helpful. Kevin

Kevin E.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.