The Galleon Resort

Dining in Key West

Dec 30, 2006

We are heading to the Galleon Key West in April 2007. I want like to know about new restaurants. Also if there are any likes or dislikes of the ones that you tried (New or old). Thanks.

Deb W.
Jan 05, 2007

oh my god, there are so many places to eat. when your at the galleon the absolute best place for quick food (i know you were interest in dining but) is right next store at "good food fast" - they will deliver right to the pool! It's cheap, fast and tasty, the people are great there. The "steak" house and I say that loosly across from sloppy joe's is not good. The restrarant right accross from the pier house is fun and halfway decent. The one on the same side as the galleon (I believe the name has dog in it) not really good. Commadores is pretty good. Of all the places we have been since we have been at the galleon is "good food fast" We go in early May too hot to eat much anyway. Galleon does thier barbecue lunch on Wednesday, goofy but enjoyable just to be around everybody else.

Colleen M.
Jan 09, 2007

Try PT's, a local spot, turkey with all the fixins is the thurs special weekly. The restaurant across duval from the Bull (Fogarty's) is also very good. Both casual and inexpensive.

Just went Memorial Day 2007, PT's may be closed or closing. Not sure of details.

Rob M.

Last edited by robnole on Jun 05, 2007 11:24 AM

Feb 14, 2007

deb613 wrote:
We are heading to the Galleon Key West in April 2007. I want like to know about new restaurants. Also if there are any likes or dislikes of the ones that you tried (New or old). Thanks.
Damn Good Food was wonderful, Banana Cafe excellent for crepes and Michaels fantastic for upscale dining. We just returned from our visit the first week of February.

Janet B.
Mar 30, 2007

Try Blue Heaven. Need reservations. It's a cab ride (but not too far). Execellent. Written up in Gourmet magazines (but as always - Key West casual dress!) I still dream about their food.

Vivian S.
Jun 05, 2007

deb613 wrote:

New ONE: I want to add Kelly's Grill to the list. It is owned by the actress Kelly McGillis and she has hired a wonderful chef. Great seafood and loved the calamari! It is a 5 minute walk from the Galleon off Southard and Front Street.

Deb W.

Last edited by deb613 on Jun 05, 2007 10:32 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.