Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

Oct 15, 2016

williams1146 wrote:
Why won't RedWeek and it's "moderators" go after the shady timeshare companies that screwed all these people over? I'll tell you why. It would hit too close to home. The timeshare industry is incestuous. These "moderators" are the same slimeballs that ripped off buyers to begin with. The world would be a better place if the timeshare and vacation club industry were eliminated and outlawed.

"The world" would be a better place if lots of industries -- and, especially, governmental regulations -- were eliminated and outlawed. But who among us would do the "eliminating?" If we're a free people, we're free to make choices. Some of us took the bait and paid full boat for a timeshare. We regretted it. We still do. We're horribly disappointed to find that they're all-but-worthless. But -- hey -- as the old saying goes, we "paid our money and we took our choice." Not much sense ranting and raving about it. Just hope that others who find Redweek and read these entries get the point and -- if they want timeshares at all -- discover the secondary market.

Now if you'll just step across the lobby and talk to Harriet, she'll give you your parking pass and schedule you for your update.

Unquote. ;-)

Stu M.
Oct 19, 2016

"I soon realized that I was dealing with a timeshare scam by that time I had already been well on my way to making $156K for the year getting a 30% commission on every deal I sold."

You should have know it was a timeshare after your first sale. What did the company tell you they did when they hired you ?

Are you saying the company you worked for ripped people off by pressuring them into purchasing.

What exactly are you referring to as a "scam" ?

Barry B.
Oct 19, 2016

Here's why...let's say they all start out selling a $20,000 timeshare. If you purchase at $20,000....did you get scammed or ripped off ? If you negotiate and get the price down to $12,000 did you get scammed or ripped off ? If you really negotiate and get the price down to $6,000 with two more free resort vacations plus a 7 day cruise did you get scammed or ripped off ? If you go to the presentation only to get prizes and a free week at a nice resort did you rip them off ?

Everyone should go to work on straight commission at some point in their life whether it be selling real estate, vehicles, stocks, loans, insurance, appliances, etc. FYI. I have a 35 year sales career behind me. I never sold a timeshare but I am a hell of a negotiator :)

Barry B.
Nov 07, 2016

Has anyone heard of Omni Ellis? They are another firm who says they will get me out of my timeshare contract .

Simone S.
Nov 07, 2016

i haven't read all of the entries in this forum, nor do i intent to. has anyone worked at the MANHATTAN CLUB TIMESHARE IN NYC SCAM ...AND BE WILLING TO TELL US ABOUT IT IN OUR MANHATTAN CLUB LAWSUIT FORUM HERE ON REDWEEK. COM? if a former salesperson/or other type of employee would please come forward anonymously, of course (unless you're willing to identify yourself). your revealing more directly in detail in the scam operation would most likely assist THE NEW YORK ATTORNEY GENERAL, ERIC SCHNEIDERMAN IN HIS PENDING CASE AGAINST THE MANHATTAN CLUB CURRENTLY IN COURT. your personally verified assistance would be helpful to all of us MANHATTAN CLUB OWNERS who are in such a predicament (actually, various and sundry types of predicaments concerning our ownership, e.g., exorbitant maintenance fees, mortgages (for those who have them) and attempting to get desired reservation time, if at all in some cases.)

YOUR ACTUAL EXPERIENCES AND METHODS OF SCAMMING (AS DIRECTED BY THE SPONSORS OF THE TIMESHARE) WOULD BE EXTREMELY HELPFUL TO ALL OF US WHO HAVE BEEN SCAMMED AND DEFRAUDED.

THANKS, WHOEVER YOU ARE.

CHRIS

Chris V.
Nov 07, 2016

Jay Jay..... People are force stop pay upfront when they buy from "developers". 1000's in down payments and maintenance fees must be paid in advance before you can even attempt the ridiculous process of booking a vacation. They try to upsell when the resort is booked, more money, upfront gets a room, supposedly. All this, UPFRONT, with little or no guarantee you'll even get what was promised.

Tell me again why you shill for this industry.

jayjay wrote:
amy, thanks for relating your story to us. That company is typical of upfront fee resale companies.

And may those here be made aware, once again, of your last very important statement that's been reiterated over and over in these forums you should NOT ever pay an UPFRONT FEE.

amyv41 wrote:
The place is still scamming to this day and they are still raking in the cash from unsuspecting timeshare young and old alike. I am sorry for my part in this SCAM. I just want you all to be aware of the fact that you should NOT pay an UPFRONT FEE.

William S.
Nov 07, 2016

simones43 wrote:
Has anyone heard of Omni Ellis? They are another firm who says they will get me out of my timeshare contract .

I've never heard of them but usually these firms that claim that they will get owners out of their timeshare contracts simply negotiate with the resort to take the unit back. That's something you can do yourself for a lot less money than what OE will charge you.

Lance C.
Jan 07, 2017

It's good that you realized that you couldn't participate in this scam any longer, but my suggestion is this: Get some more education so that you can earn some money legitimately. I realized that that's not going to be easy in today's market which is one that the very, very rich are just taking more and more money from the rest of us. They would love dearly to turn us all into a population of slaves, which is why we need to do plenty of reading--especially learning from progressives who are the only ones that have OUR backs. But back to the main point. I noticed that your blog had many misspellings in in, and no rules of grammar were followed. Capitalizations and punctuation were missing for the most part or used incorrectly. This makes a difference in how you are viewed by potential employers because they want people who pay attention to detail, and take pride in their work. When I see poorly written material it makes me believe that the employer is not a person of integrity who monitors his employees' work. I would certainly want my employees to reflect well upon my company and upon me. It also shows a certain measure of respect for the reader of the material also. I say this only because I truly hope that it will help you in your future working career because I was once in your position, except that I had to also support a non-working husband as well as my children and myself. I well know it is not easy! Good luck.

amyv41 wrote:
2 years ago I worked at a timeshare scam. I am a single mother (it doesn't condone my actions but please understand). I easily made over 3k a WEEK at my resell job. The company has a really BAD rep online you will find them on ripoffreport.com.

The owner a very young guy and his pal run the place his pals father is an attorney and they are the lowest of the low.

I found the job being unemployed and afraid I answered an ad in the Orlando Sentinel for sales people. I have quite a bit of sales and marketing experience and they gladly took me aboard.

I soon realized that I was dealing with a timeshare scam by that time I had already been well on my way to making $156K for the year getting a 30% commission on every deal I sold.

As you may be able to imagine I was having a worldly & spirally binding war within my self. I can still remember how excited that the whole office was when the first hour I made my first sell. It was an intoxicating experience I still bare the shame for. the man & wife even called immediately back after I got their credit card just to check if the number was real, and of course it was. As you already know my faith, my spirit and my fear of god brought me to my senses. I started to question the owner in front of the "other" employees and I did my own Internet investigations including a back ground check on the owners & the DUI attorney daddy. I found what I was looking for and I was not quiet about it so they FIRED me. I expected as much. I needed to be fired to clear my conscious.

The place is still scamming to this day and they are still raking in the cash from unsuspecting timeshare young and old alike. I am sorry for my part in this SCAM. I just want you all to be aware of the fact that you should NOT pay an UPFRONT FEE. TO anyone ever. I find that this site is the best source of renting the timeshares out (by word of mouth).

Good luck to all and I am sorry if I hurt you who ever you are.

Sherry B.
Jan 10, 2017

Dear Traudem-

I want to respond to your message below. I am Ken B. Privett, the Manager of Ken B. Privett, PLC in Pawnee, OK. I have never threatened a resort or homeowners association with a law suit. I have never deeded a timeshare interest to a "Person" contra to the rights of a resort. I consider this a sham transaction. I consider myself an ethical and honest attorney. I have practiced law for over 40 years in the United States. For you to make the statements below is indulging in libel against me and my firm. You would do well to check out your facts before writing untruth statements. If you would like to contact me personally, you may at (918) 762-2705, here in Oklahoma.

Thank you, Ken Privett

traudem wrote:
Please let everyone know why it is necessary for your FIRST CLASS FIRM to hire shady law firms such as Mitchell Sussman & Co in Palm Springs and Ken B Privett PLC in Pawnee, OK? Such law firms are used as "enforcers" threatening Homeowners Association with lawsuits if they refuse to accept a deed. Once this tactic is unsuccessful, they simply deed the timeshare week to a "Person" who will never be found. Needless to say, the original owner will still be on the hook depending on the HOA company policies in place. FOLKS WAKE UP, these guys are smooth scammers!!!!!!

scottl436 wrote:
Hello traudem, what is the scam you are referring to? Reading some of the comments in the strand it may sound like that guaranteeing to get you out is the concern, but it is not clear in your comment. You are saying we are "prentending to be an honest operation," and that people are falling "for your scams." When did you hire us to work on your exit? Working with us would have lead to experiences that would qualify these statements, but are contrary to my experience working at Timeshare Exit Team. If you wanted to contact me privately with your info I would be happy to investigate why your case with us lead to your unfavorable opinion about the integrity of our company. I'm sincerely surprised because even the customers who have received 100% refund because we were unsuccessful in exiting them (which is how our guarantee works,) don't have such negative opinion as you're sharing. Out of respect for the forum community I'd invite you to contact me directly if I can answer any questions for you, but I'll be assuming if the company or myself are addressed specifically on the thread then that individual who asked would like an answer on the forum.

traudem wrote:
Hello to Scott Loughran with TIME SHARE EXIT TEAM/REEDHEIN & ASSOCIATES. Please stop pretending to be an honest operation, your company should be out of business and it's amazing how many timeshare owners still fall for your scams.

Ken B.
Jan 10, 2017

simones43 wrote:

pure B***S***; it's usually .....................pay upfront, then they disappear and/or the timeshare owner waits for 2-3 years for even a phone call.

get you out of your timeshare? perhaps. PAY TO GET OUT AND BE RELEASED OF ALL TIMESHARE OBLIGATIONS...........DEFINITELY, pay big time.

the question now is..................does the timeshare property disappear into thin air..................where does it go after the former owners are now relieved of their obligations, eg, maintenance, assessments, et al? SOMEONE has to assume ownership and/or responsibility of this property. and rest assured that whoever gets the ownership reward is some kind of wealthy, happy person, at the expense of the honest and original purchaser of the timeshare. he/she gets NOTHING, NOT EVEN HIS/HER ORIGINAL INVESTMENT, AS PREVIOUSLY NOTED, HE/SHE ACTUALLY P A I D TO GET RID OF THE PROPERTY..........................SAD TO SAY THE LEAST. WHEN WILL THESE LECHEROUS VULTURES BE VAPORIZED?

chris

Chris V.
Jan 17, 2017

Good thinking....

Jill P.
Jan 22, 2017

I have a timeshare/vacation club but it is too hard to sale. I give up. I just give up. I know what it is worth, but everyone think it is a scam. I just came from Mexico. I jist paid the maintenance fee and I even had it listed for sale and rent. I agree with the comments abot going after shady folks.

Crying in Washington DC. Unhappy with timeshare. Its for families. We have no kids.

williams1146 wrote:
You just described every timeshare sales rep I've ever met. Why won't RedWeek and it's "moderators" go after the shady timeshare companies that screwed all these people over? I'll tell you why. It would hit too close to home. The timeshare industry is incestuous. These "moderators" are the same slimeballs that ripped off buyers to begin with. The world would be a better place if the timeshare and vacation club industry were eliminated and outlawed.

donp196 wrote:
All I hear from Scott is blah blah blah. Not one word about what they actually claim they do and how much they charge up front. They dazzle you with bs and lure you in and if you are naïve enough to fall for their scam they jerk you around until the period to dispute the charge on your credit card has expired.

Demand to see an actual contract in writing and they will probably hang up on you. They hide in the shadows and slither back into their rat holes at night.

TreSina S.
Jan 22, 2017

tres2 wrote:
I have a timeshare/vacation club but it is too hard to sale. I give up. I just give up. I know what it is worth, but everyone think it is a scam. I just came from Mexico. I jist paid the maintenance fee and I even had it listed for sale and rent. I agree with the comments abot going after shady folks.

Have you considered NOT paying the maintenance fees? Just abandoning your timeshare?

Stu M.
Jan 24, 2017

Do not pay an upfront fee to be released from your timeshare. There are more resale scams than squirrels. You can friend me on my public Facebook at F/irene.parker.7923 to get more information. I would need details of the reason why you wish to sell before forwarding your information to the person or organization that can best help you. Whether you have a loan or not is important. If you do not have a loan, Diamond has been taking back points. I have intervened on behalf of several owners as a volunteer advocate when they were stonewalled or ignored. Diamond also has a newly formed Consumer Advocacy department if you want to try that.

Irene P.
Jan 24, 2017

If you purchased in Arizona or you live in Arizona and purchased a Diamond Resort vacation program, you may be entitled to part of the $800000 settlement and relinquishment required by the "Assurance of Discontinuance". Those who purchased during this period have until late April or early May to file a complaint with the AZ AG. From the AZ AG press release: "The relinquishment program will be available to qualifying consumers who no longer want their Diamond Resorts timeshares. To be considered for the relinquishment program, consumers must: (1) no longer want their Diamond timeshare; (2) have purchased their timeshare after 2011 and prior to January 22, 2017, and (3) file a complaint with the Attorney General’s Office within 120 days after the court signs the order (deadline expected to occur near the end of April / beginning of May) . "

Diamond has a newly formed Consumer Advocacy department. I have been working with them, their PR person who does not work for Diamond and, when necessary, a DRI attorney to resolve customer issues. If that doesn't work file a complaint the the AG where you live, where you signed and Nevada. I am a DRI owner who got really and I mean really angry after a July 2015 pathetically aggressive sales presentations. You can read my articles at Inside Timeshare published in Spain.

Irene P.
Jan 28, 2017

Yes, I went bankrupt and they foreclosed on it. I'm certain the same thing would happen without bankruptcy.

Nathan R.
Feb 07, 2017

Amy.....You're mad you got fired. If you were really dealing with this internal struggle BC of your faith you would have known (look faith up) that if you put the footwork in you would have been provided everything you need. HOWEVER, you did things your way and you are angry that you got canned from a boiler room.I bet my life you're at another one of these places. You're Angry bc you got screwed over so everyone has to read your obvious lies.

amyv41 wrote:
2 years ago I worked at a timeshare scam. I am a single mother (it doesn't condone my actions but please understand). I easily made over 3k a WEEK at my resell job. The company has a really BAD rep online you will find them on ripoffreport.com.

The owner a very young guy and his pal run the place his pals father is an attorney and they are the lowest of the low.

I found the job being unemployed and afraid I answered an ad in the Orlando Sentinel for sales people. I have quite a bit of sales and marketing experience and they gladly took me aboard.

I soon realized that I was dealing with a timeshare scam by that time I had already been well on my way to making $156K for the year getting a 30% commission on every deal I sold.

As you may be able to imagine I was having a worldly & spirally binding war within my self. I can still remember how excited that the whole office was when the first hour I made my first sell. It was an intoxicating experience I still bare the shame for. the man & wife even called immediately back after I got their credit card just to check if the number was real, and of course it was. As you already know my faith, my spirit and my fear of god brought me to my senses. I started to question the owner in front of the "other" employees and I did my own Internet investigations including a back ground check on the owners & the DUI attorney daddy. I found what I was looking for and I was not quiet about it so they FIRED me. I expected as much. I needed to be fired to clear my conscious.

The place is still scamming to this day and they are still raking in the cash from unsuspecting timeshare young and old alike. I am sorry for my part in this SCAM. I just want you all to be aware of the fact that you should NOT pay an UPFRONT FEE. TO anyone ever. I find that this site is the best source of renting the timeshares out (by word of mouth).

Good luck to all and I am sorry if I hurt you who ever you are.

Ryan P.

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 07, 2017 09:24 PM

Feb 07, 2017

So what your saying is THIS IS YOU THAT YOU'RE NOT ONLY TALKING ABOUT BUT BRAGGING ABOUT YOUR ABILITIES TO NEGOTIATE. YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WERE DOING. BEFORE YOU GOT THE JOB ....

barryb244 wrote:
Here's why...let's say they all start out selling a $20,000 timeshare. If you purchase at $20,000....did you get scammed or ripped off ? If you negotiate and get the price down to $12,000 did you get scammed or ripped off ? If you really negotiate and get the price down to $6,000 with two more free resort vacations plus a 7 day cruise did you get scammed or ripped off ? If you go to the presentation only to get prizes and a free week at a nice resort did you rip them off ?

Everyone should go to work on straight commission at some point in their life whether it be selling real estate, vehicles, stocks, loans, insurance, appliances, etc. FYI. I have a 35 year sales career behind me. I never sold a timeshare but I am a hell of a negotiator :)

Ryan P.

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 07, 2017 09:25 PM

Mar 09, 2017

Please tell me why you think Ken Privett is "shady." I am in the middle of trying to get out of my mother's timeshare that defaulted to me when she was murdered. The company is called Relief Solutions International (RSI). I have been assigned Ken Privett to work on my case.

traudem wrote:
Please let everyone know why it is necessary for your FIRST CLASS FIRM to hire shady law firms such as Mitchell Sussman & Co in Palm Springs and Ken B Privett PLC in Pawnee, OK? Such law firms are used as "enforcers" threatening Homeowners Association with lawsuits if they refuse to accept a deed. Once this tactic is unsuccessful, they simply deed the timeshare week to a "Person" who will never be found. Needless to say, the original owner will still be on the hook depending on the HOA company policies in place. FOLKS WAKE UP, these guys are smooth scammers!!!!!!

scottl436 wrote:
Hello traudem, what is the scam you are referring to? Reading some of the comments in the strand it may sound like that guaranteeing to get you out is the concern, but it is not clear in your comment. You are saying we are "prentending to be an honest operation," and that people are falling "for your scams." When did you hire us to work on your exit? Working with us would have lead to experiences that would qualify these statements, but are contrary to my experience working at Timeshare Exit Team. If you wanted to contact me privately with your info I would be happy to investigate why your case with us lead to your unfavorable opinion about the integrity of our company. I'm sincerely surprised because even the customers who have received 100% refund because we were unsuccessful in exiting them (which is how our guarantee works,) don't have such negative opinion as you're sharing. Out of respect for the forum community I'd invite you to contact me directly if I can answer any questions for you, but I'll be assuming if the company or myself are addressed specifically on the thread then that individual who asked would like an answer on the forum.

traudem wrote:
Hello to Scott Loughran with TIME SHARE EXIT TEAM/REEDHEIN & ASSOCIATES. Please stop pretending to be an honest operation, your company should be out of business and it's amazing how many timeshare owners still fall for your scams.

Carrie L.
Mar 09, 2017

carriel142 wrote:
I am in the middle of trying to get out of my mother's timeshare that defaulted to me when she was murdered. .

You don't HAVE to inherit something; you don't HAVE to take the timeshare. Why not write a Letter of Disclaimer and be done with it? Talk to your attorney.

Stu M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.