Kauai Beach Villas

Changes at Kauai Beach Villas due to sale of resort

Jul 08, 2007

We have always loved to come to KBV but there are some changes that may affect the atmosphere and service which in the past was very good. The new management (Wyndham) has apparently cut staff and some old traditional things have been dispensed with. Maybe because it WAS locally owned and managed, it was done in the Kauai way ...and it made it special . I hope that the new management will catch on and listen to those folks who really know Kauai. What is more Hawaian that being greeted with a lei of flowers upon arrival.., at check in? We were stunned to find that welcome has been eliminated! And that old familiar staff were gone..and that pay is not as high as before. As you know, on Kauai, most of the locals work several jobs..sometimes three "parttime jobs" to get by..! It was nice to have people working atKBV who were longtime residents and were mature and interesting folk. It added to the experience. Anyone else noticed these changes ? Anyone commented to the management?

M. w. S.
Jul 19, 2007

wendywins wrote:
We have always loved to come to KBV but there are some changes that may affect the atmosphere and service which in the past was very good. The new management (Wyndham) has apparently cut staff and some old traditional things have been dispensed with. Maybe because it WAS locally owned and managed, it was done in the Kauai way ...and it made it special . I hope that the new management will catch on and listen to those folks who really know Kauai. What is more Hawaian that being greeted with a lei of flowers upon arrival.., at check in? We were stunned to find that welcome has been eliminated! And that old familiar staff were gone..and that pay is not as high as before. As you know, on Kauai, most of the locals work several jobs..sometimes three "parttime jobs" to get by..! It was nice to have people working atKBV who were longtime residents and were mature and interesting folk. It added to the experience. Anyone else noticed these changes ? Anyone commented to the management?

It was the worst time share I have ever been to. We own 5 timeshares and I was totally disappointed. Trying to "dump" this dump. I inherited it and don't want it. The staff was nice, but useless. Never even went to the pool, didn't want to get in it. It looked unclean. The room was very dirty. It was surface clean but we moved the furniture and it appeared no one had ever moved the furniture. Windows were dirty, spider webs etc etc etc........

A.L.W.
Jul 19, 2007

ffwwife wrote:
wendywins wrote:

It was the worst time share I have ever been to. We own 5 timeshares and I was totally disappointed. Trying to "dump" this dump. I inherited it and don't want it. The staff was nice, but useless. Never even went to the pool, didn't want to get in it. It looked unclean. The room was very dirty. It was surface clean but we moved the furniture and it appeared no one had ever moved the furniture. Windows were dirty, spider webs etc etc etc........

OH OH. When did you go there. We never had a problem with cleanliness here and the staff was very responsive. If something (like coffeemaker or whatever) was not working, they came over with a new one immediately. I have worried that the takeover might adversely affect things so wanted to see what people's experiences have been recently. We were just hit with increased maintanence fees (up 14% and we own 4!there) in part because KBV has to create a a large pool since the hotel pool is now off limits and separate! Wendywins

M. w. S.
Oct 25, 2007

considering buying into KBV, glad I found this forum. What are the maintenance fees now that the pool is going in? When will it be finished, or is it already?

Valerie F.
Nov 27, 2007

Any recent news on KBV? My wife and sister are staying there for a week beginning Dec. 7th. Feeling a little apprehensive now.

Geoff N.
Nov 27, 2007

We are going there on Nov 30 for 2 weeks so we will be there during your stay and are staying in buildings H and F. We have never found units in those buildings or in G in poor shape or dirty. Those are the only ones we stay in because those three are on the ocean while the others are back further from the beach. My concern has been whether the new ownership of the resort has meant lesser service or whatever since the new owners did cut back, it seemed, on local staff and dropped some sweet traditions.. You did not say whether you are renting thru RCI or a private owner.

geoffn2 wrote:
Any recent news on KBV? My wife and sister are staying there for a week beginning Dec. 7th. Feeling a little apprehensive now.

M. w. S.
Dec 31, 2007

We recently received our maintanance bill. It rose from 730$ to 920$. Did anyone else have increase like this? Thats ridiculous.

Rick W.
Jan 15, 2008

wendywins wrote:
I am currently at the resort for three weeks Jan 2008. The staff is mostly intact which is not easy because competition is fierce at hiring experienced people. There are more jobs than people in this field on Kauai. Welcome is as always with lei greeting and warm smiles. New pool construction should begin and end in 2007.

Jim D.
Jan 16, 2008

We had a very positive experience at KBV, in spite of the ongoing management changes. The ground floor unit in building E was clean and well maintained. Maintenance staff arrived minutes after I notified them about a defective lock on the screen door. The pool area seemed nice enough to me, although we didn't spend much time there. Chocolates and flower leis upon arrival and chocolates again upon departure. Friendly front desk staff and the guy doing the morning welcomes wasn't at all pushy, although it was raining so hard I think he just wanted to get it over with. I'd heard several comments about the beach not being good for swimming or families, etc. Well, I beg to differ, as we spent several days wandering up and down in both directions (a shoreline reef to the south for exploring and a beautiful sandy bottom beach to the north for swimming and boarding). It was spectacular and very few people. If you like solitude, this is the place to be.

wendywins wrote:
We are going there on Nov 30 for 2 weeks so we will be there during your stay and are staying in buildings H and F. We have never found units in those buildings or in G in poor shape or dirty. Those are the only ones we stay in because those three are on the ocean while the others are back further from the beach. My concern has been whether the new ownership of the resort has meant lesser service or whatever since the new owners did cut back, it seemed, on local staff and dropped some sweet traditions.. You did not say whether you are renting thru RCI or a private owner.

geoffn2 wrote:

Geoff N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.