The Ridge Tahoe

Ridge Tahoe ownership experience

Jul 17, 2007

Thinking about buying either a plaza or tower unit at the Ridge resort. does anyone have any experience with owning either? Thanks

Sue W.
Dec 22, 2007

sue1537 Thinking about buying either a Plaza or Tower unit at the Ridge resort. Does anyone have any experience with owning either? Thanks

Sue, its a personal choice in what you and your family like.

We owned the Tower before they had finished building and sold it few years later because both my wife and I being union workers and by the time we had our vacations picked we couldn't get a reservations so it was useless to own.

We have come back to timesharing after about ten years (2005) and bought the Naegle summer months and love it. This last May (2007) while staying we bought a EOY Tower and love staying there too.

The Tower is second oldest to the Naegle and in our opinion the two are still the best in Lake Tahoe.

We did spend few days bonus time in the Terrace and did not care for it for few reasons. I understand the only difference is Plaza has washer/dryer in the unit.

If you don't mind this and traveling up the hill to the main club house then you can find the Plaza for less money than the Tower. I have run across the Plaza for good price.

We looked and watched for the Tower for a year and never came up with good price for prime year use.

You didn't say if you have young kids or just you and spouse. Have you looked at the Naegles because summer months and they have large patio and are true two bedrooms with no lock-off. Patio not much use in winter though.

We had a owner at the Naegle this year that told me they are staying in the Naegles because they own the Plaza and heard so many great things of the Naegles. He said after two days the wife already wanted to sell the Plaza and buy Naegle unit. Last I heard was they were going to the resales office to work out a deal to sell Plaza and buy Naegle.

I rate Naegle and Tower as the best units at the Ridge and its also great there both at the top of the hill with the main club house.

Casecade is newest of all the buildings and can sleep up to eight. Problem is it is at the bottom of the hill behind the Terrace.

What ever you decide you will love the Ridge Tahoe! PHIL

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Jul 11, 2009 12:03 PM

Jan 09, 2008

I agreed that the Naegle units are the best! 1,450/sf of living area and a very open feeling with the vaulted ceiling (upper units only) We have owned one (1) week since 1995 and picked up an additional week December 2006 for $4,800, a true bargain!

We have stayed in or had friends stay in all the different buildings and the true winner in the Naegle buildings...

Robert H.
Mar 11, 2008

We own Plaza unit and have stayed many times, getting a valley view, which is stunning and usually on a floor with Hot tub which is always a bonus. The units are very good, we have used the whole unit and lock off, both have been lovely to stay in. We generally come for the skiing and have been delighted with the snow and all the facilities and don't mind the walk up to the clubhouse. All in all the experience of the Ridge Tahoe is one of immense pleasure and luxury. We are from the UK and have owned here since 1990.

Chris F.
Apr 18, 2008

sue1537 wrote:
Thinking about buying either a plaza or tower unit at the Ridge resort. does anyone have any experience with owning either? Thanks
Hi Sue, I will try to brief. I own at the tower and the plaza. I love the ridge. I go every year and it puts me on another planet. The management and staff are first class. Whenever I check out other time shares and tell them where I own they talk about the ridge and not there own. It's reputation is well known in Europe also. What ever your decision you make you can't go wrong with either the plaza or tower. By the time you get this you might have purchased already. I have owned for 12 years and go for two weeks. Good luck. Jerry

Jerome B.
Jun 25, 2008

My husband and I purchased a 2 bedroom resale 2 years ago in the Tower. We had previously stayed at the Ridge in the Terrace and Nagle buildings. Because of my husband's mobility challenges, the Tower is perfect!!! Right across from the club house and all the facilities--gym, spa, pool, main lobby, deli and restaurant. It's just a short walk across the driveway. The other buildings are either uphill or downhill and are a challenging walk, especially at 7500' altitude! We got a wonderful bargain as we purchased shoulder time. Being retired, we didn't care to fight the summer lake crowd or the winter ski crowd...April-May, and October-November work well for us. And the view is beyond compare!!! We've shared it with friends and family in the past, but we also love just the lock out and will be using that for us as a romantic get away. The Tower lock out has a fireplace in the bedroom as well as a whirlpool bathtub. The staff is absolutely fabulous...friendly, helpful and attentive. We found a gold mine when we bought here!!

Gail G.

Last edited by gailg81 on Jun 25, 2008 11:21 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.