Marriott's Aruba Surf Club

Info on renting directly with an owner on this site

Jan 07, 2009

Hi. New to the site and trying to navigate around to find answers to my questions. I was looking to rent a 1 bedroom villa at the Surf Club this February. If you rent directly through an owner, as opposed to directly with the Marriott, do you have access to all the amenities at the Surf Club? Are there any restricitons or drawbacks from renting directly through an owner? As far as I can tell, it pays to try to find one direct.

Thanks.

Janine Z.
Jan 10, 2009

There are no differences in services provided if you rent through an owner or the Marriott. The reason owners don't go through Marriott is the outrageous commissions they charge. Everyone staying at the resort is treated the same. At the front desk they don't know whether or not you are an owner or renter as the owner puts your name on the reservation.

Edward C.
Mar 26, 2009

I am interested in renting at the Aruba Surf Club from Feb. 28-Mar. 13, 2010 which I saw posted on redbook.com this morning. I receive postings every day for rentals. How do I contact someone regarding this, as I would like to rent it.

Please advise.

Stephanier123

Stephanie R.
Mar 26, 2009

stephanier123 wrote:
I am interested in renting at the Aruba Surf Club from Feb. 28-Mar. 13, 2010 which I saw posted on redbook.com this morning. I receive postings every day for rentals. How do I contact someone regarding this, as I would like to rent it.

Please advise.

Stephanier123

Hi Stephanie,

You will need to contact the owner of the posting directly. You can send an e-mail inquiry in the "Details & Contact" section of any posting page.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Aug 30, 2009

What is realisitic for a 2/2 ocean view price wise DEc 19-26? I'm going to list a unit for a friend. In my own home resort which is an AAA -4-diamond property that I rent out every year, the rental ask is not as all over the place as the asks are for the Marriott Aruba Surf .

Advice anyone?

thank you

Thea C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.