Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara

Four Seasons no longer managing Aviara hotel property

May 14, 2010

From fourseasons.com: "Four Seasons will be concluding our management of Four Seasons Resort Aviara effective June 21, 2010. We have been very proud to manage Four Seasons Resort Aviara for the last 13 years."

I understand that the Four Seasons management contract for the timeshare residence club will continue unchanged - yes? However, the management change at the hotel will certainly have an impact. Newspaper reports confirm that it was an acrimonious divorce between the hotel owners and the Four Seasons management company. As a result, I would not expect the shared facilities and services between the hotel and the timeshare to continue - true?

Specifically, I am interested to know if the outdoor family activity area (croquet, etc) will fall under the timeshare management or the hotel management. Also, what has Four Seasons communicated to the existing timeshare owners about the upcoming changes?

I am not an owner at this timeshare property, but I have rented weeks here in the past. I've been a big fan of this resort. I would like to know how the experience will be different in light of these management changes.

From resale postings here on redweek, I see that prices have dropped to ridiculous levels. Probably a combination of the poor economy and the turmoil at the hotel I'm assuming.

Gregory B.

Last edited by gblotter on May 14, 2010 06:25 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.