Ask RedWeek

NEED TO RETURN TIMESHARE

Mar 21, 2016

Blah blah blah just like a scammer. You rant on and on with absolutely no substance. You're a SCAMMER !!! What state are you licensed in ? What is your license number ? Do you have an actual office that someone can walk into and talk to an employee or just a mail drop like all the other scammers ?

I spent over twenty five years in law enforcement putting people like you in jail . I have exposed scammers in ther forums saving people thousands of dollars and I will not let you come in here trolling for victims. Take a hike scammer !!

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract.

Don P.
Mar 21, 2016

We do have a office, a very nice one located in Springfield mo. So we would be licensed in Missouri. However we do our business all over the United States. We have 3 teams. A Midwest team, east cost and west coast team. We fly out every Tuesday morning work Tuesday wed thur and hen fly home Friday morning. So only really work 3 days a week of you want to know how our entire busniess works. We works 6 weeks (18days) and then take 10 days off and then another 6 week (18days) and then 10 days off. That's pretty much our routine. Once I get back to the office id be more then happy to give you all the info you seek, as well as phone numbers to a list a mile long of people we have helped and successfully made their timeshare nightmares go away. However I am currently on my way to Oklahoma City for work, I will be extremely busy with clients and guest the next 3 days but when I get back on Friday to the office I'd be happy to get you all the info you seek. I do not own the company therefore I don't have the info you seek just laying around. How ever just last week to give you an idea I got 3 people out of their ownership. A capital resorts (formerly grand crown) , summer bay resort, and the lodge at the 4 seasons x 2 . And I am just 1 person in a company that has 15 of us doing it. We all carry our weight so we all do about the same amount of busniess. So 15x3= 45 happy customers that no longer have the burden of maintence fees, hearing sorry not available , and the never ending you need to upgrade pitch. Approximately 45 in the last week. I hope when you get the info you seek and prove what we do is ethical and legitimate you will apologize for bashing and false accusation. Have a great evening and enjoy the rest of your week sir.

Clayton G.
Mar 21, 2016

Poor grammar and spelling is another red flag on "scammers".

Joy L.
Mar 22, 2016

The longer they rant the more they are scammers. These are the post card people with a new twist. They use aliases and change company names often They claim a good rating with the BBB because as soon as they start to pile up complaints they change names again. Just by him stating that they travel from state to state tells you they are scammers. Once someone is dumb enough to give them money they move on to the next victim. You can never find them once you learn that you have been ripped off because they use false names and change company names so often. Anyone can create a website and use a mail drop box .

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract. You have a better chance of winning the Nigerian Lottery .

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Mar 22, 2016 07:20 AM

Mar 22, 2016

Lol, I am using talk to text on my iPhone. My grammar is more then par. Now how it comes out through voice text and what I actually say that is different. Our company isn't new it's been around for 4 years. We have had 2 complaints in the 4 years and both have been resolved. You would be happy to know we just helped another 6 guest today in Oklahoma City. And they are extremely pleased with the service and agreements. I would love to stay and chat with you some more this evening officer McDonald but I have to be up early for work.

Sincerely, Clayton

DT for president 2016

If you own a timeshare in Florida btw you might want to seek information on the new laws that got passed in the house and Florida senate that is not in favor or the timeshare owners. If you need an exit strategy id be more then happy to help you. And since we have became such close friends id be willing to give you a 4 figure discount :)

Clayton G.

Last edited by claytong11 on Mar 22, 2016 07:17 PM

Mar 22, 2016

And to clearify we move from state to state everyweek, we set up meetings 3 times per day. We don't live where the customers do and the customers aren't able to drive 3-8 hours to come seek our help. But I will tell you the customers contact us. And then we go visit them. Our office is in Missouri you can go visit it anytime from 9-5, and us traveling consultants are on the road or in a airport 3 days a week. We don't just go to a city and not come back. We go back to the same 10-15 cities over and over. If your happy with your mf and your exchange fees and all the new "benifits" your timeshare sales people tell you you have to have in order to get more out of the property then sure listen to this gentleman I'm writing and spend another 15-20 grand on the same timeshare company to only double your mf.

Clayton G.

Last edited by phyl21 on Mar 22, 2016 09:12 PM

Mar 23, 2016

These are the scammers that send letters and post cards claiming they are going to make an offer for your timeshare or they can get you out of your maintenance fees. It's just a ruse to get you to their meeting and then they spring on their sales pitch for thousands of dollars. This scam has been going on for decades. What do you know about these people ? Just the names they give you which are probably phony. They claim they work for a company. Would you honestly consider giving thousands of dollars of your hard earned money to someone you never met and a company you never heard of ? What a racket .; Going around the country taking tens of thousands of dollars from people who trust someone with a great bull story. Once they leave with your money you then begin to wonder who they are and where your money went. Try sleeping at night after that.

Then months later you find out that you still own your timeshare and you are now delinquent on your maintenance fees. Then you try to contact them and your call goes to a voice mail that never gets answered and later down the road gets disconnected. Then you finally realized that you've been scammed. Same old story new players.

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your timeshare !!!

Don P.
Apr 24, 2017

Hola yo tube problemas u ya no pude pagar mi vacacion por ende la voy a devolver. Pero west gate quiere que haga un pago de $450. Dólares. Para embiarme la papeleta y firmar los papeles . Esto es normal? Si me pueden ayudar en eso por favor.

Karina L.
Jun 06, 2017

Please I need someone to help get out of this westgate nightmare please help me. My#256 394 5642.

Tobias W.
Jun 06, 2017

tobiasw2 wrote:
Please I need someone to help get out of this westgate nightmare please help me.

First of all, I would start by removing your phone number from a public forum like this, especially when you are facing the plight that you are describing. You are probably going to get bombarded with phone calls from unethical (and perhaps illegal) companies that claim they will be able to get you out of your timeshare. But they will charge you a lot of money and perhaps not even accomplish what you were hoping.

As to getting rid of your unit, keep in mind that Westgate has a very sullied reputation and the majority (if not, all) of its units are worth about zero dollars or less on the resale market. I would first start by contacting the resort's Homeowners' Association (HOA) in writing and mention that you no longer wish to own your unit, then request that the HOA take the unit back. The HOA might ask you to pay closing costs and maybe even the next maintenance fee. But at least it will be done properly and relatively painlessly. You might have to be firm and say, in no uncertain terms, that you are not paying another penny in maintenance fees and that the HOA would be better served by taking your unit back.

You can also try advertising your unit for giveaway on reputable sites such as here on RedWeek, E-Bay, Craigslist, My Resort Network, or Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com) which has a Bargain Deals section that allows you to advertise that you want to give your unit away. You might have to offer to pay the closing costs and maybe even the next maintenance fee, but at least you will get rid of it.

Remember, this could take some time and effort so do not panic and definitely do not go paying these firms that charge you thousands of dollars to "cancel" your timeshare.

Lance C.
Jun 07, 2017

tobiasw2 wrote:
Please I need someone to help get out of this westgate nightmare please help me.

1. As already suggested above, you should immediately remove your phone number from your post. Providing it is just an open invitation for assorted scammers to reach out to you.

2. Have you ASKED Westgate if they will accept a "deedback"? If you have no outstanding loan balance and your fees are paid up to date, "deedback" is definitely your best prospect for exit success. Westgate ownerships basically have no resale value whatsoever, primarily due to severely restrictive reservation policies that Westgate imposes upon resale buyers. Westgate properties are fine, but everything else about the COMPANY is NOT. Westgate has been known to accept some "deedbacks", although you may have to pay them up to $1,500 to be "released". You can't and won't know until / unless you ASK THEM DIRECTLY.

NO ONE has any magic beans, pixie dust or secret elixirs or procedures that will somehow get you "out" of a legally binding contractual obligation into which you voluntarily entered by your own free choice, no matter WHAT they tell you and no matter WHAT you pay them. You can't just "return" a legally valid contractual obligation like you can "return" a toaster.

Contact Westgate. Ask about 'deedback". Don't waste any of your time (or money) looking for (or paying for) "magical or miracle escapes" that simply do not exist. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 08, 2017 04:23 AM

Jul 18, 2017

We have a paid in full TS with Royal Holiday Resorts that has been owned for over 15 years. Tried unsuccessfully to negotiate with the resort and their main office for the last 3 years. Paid our dues in full up to this last January as expected each year asking the same questions over and over about the resort taking the TS back, as I was ill and unable to travel. I am in real estate so familiar to the lingo and how the processes work to a degree. The resort told me our home resort was no longer there (the Bahamas) refused to negotiate on any terms time and time again. Only told me to sell it to a family member or list it on the rent site which they offered only 6 months a year which was not available at any time I ever looked. I have hired a company/lawyer to rid me of this TS and fully intend to be done with said TS or will take them to court to be done with said TS one way or another.

Lisa E.

Last edited by lisae375 on Jul 18, 2017 07:24 AM

Jul 18, 2017

lisae375 wrote:
We have a paid in full TS with Royal Holiday Resorts that has been owned for over 15 years. Tried unsuccessfully to negotiate with the resort and their main office for the last 3 years. Paid our dues in full up to this last January as expected each year asking the same questions over and over about the resort taking the TS back, as I was ill and unable to travel. I am in real estate so familiar to the lingo and how the processes work to a degree. The resort told me our home resort was no longer there (the Bahamas) refused to negotiate on any terms time and time again. Only told me to sell it to a family member or list it on the rent site which they offered only 6 months a year which was not available at any time I ever looked. I have hired a company/lawyer to rid me of this TS and fully intend to be done with said TS or will take them to court to be done with said TS one way or another.

Ok, if your home resort is no longer there, def. The TS needs to take it off your hands. Seriously why are they taking maintenance fees from you when your home resort is not even there anymore! Am I missing something? Can you please help clarify?

Thanks

Alisa G.
Jul 18, 2017

lisae375 wrote:
We have a paid in full TS with Royal Holiday Resorts that has been owned for over 15 years. Tried unsuccessfully to negotiate with the resort and their main office for the last 3 years....I have hired a company/lawyer to rid me of this TS and fully intend to be done with said TS or will take them to court to be done with said TS one way or another.

Can you clarify something? This Royal holiday Resorts, is it in Mexico? If so, is it a Right-to-use (RTU) or a deeded property? If it is an RTU, then it's likely that you can get out of it by simply stopping paying maintenance fees and dues. Check your contract.

And I totally advise against hiring a lawyer, especially if you do have an RTU contract? What's a lawyer going to do for you (for thousands of dollars) that you can't do yourself?

Lance C.
Jul 19, 2017

This resort is a right to use. No we can not get out by simply no paying our maintenance fees/yearly dues. I have spent the last 3 years attempting this concept. Currently, we are in the process of trying to deed in lieu the place back to these folks. I have received the most ridiculous email as of last week telling me we they are now adding 33% to our debt (collection fees), which was appx $1100 a year. However, they state they not report the debt if we and I provide you verbiage from email (with the condition of the donation of $ 2.00 USD, this is in benefit to the Royal Foundation, which with your contribution is responsible for providing their first vacation to children who have never traveled and who are in conditions of extreme poverty.) Sounds almost like blackmail to me. This company is the most unscrupulous I have ever seen. They refuse to negotiate or let you out of a fully paid off contract because they do not want to take the weeks back into their pool. It is a simple money grab. Yes, I have read the contract fully many times over. Like I said yesterday, I am real estate. Not unfamiliar with the verbage. They are indifferent to the fact that they closed the Bahamas office. I was willing to go there to deal in person,as I live in Florida. It was by a phone call to inquire that I even found out the office is no longer there. I was told I would have to go to a Mexico resort to talk to someone. And they still would not take the weeks back.

Lisa E.
Jul 19, 2017

lisae375 wrote:
No we can not get out by simply no paying our maintenance fees/yearly dues. <<

Why on earth do you believe this to be true?

These people have absolutely no legal leverage over you as a U.S. resident. If you refuse to pay them another penny, they really have absolutely no other choice other than to simply terminate your "membership" (you apparently own absolutely nothing there if I understand you correctly; it seems that you apparently just have a "right to use" membership in a "club").

Quote:
Currently, we are in the process of trying to deed in lieu the place back to these folks.

You are reportedly "in real estate". Accordingly, you should know that there IS NO "deed" in a RTU contract, since in a RTU contract you don't actually own anything to be "deeded" in the first place. You merely have a membership in a "club" with a right to use contract. No more, no less. Am I missing something here?

Quote:
I was told I would have to go to a Mexico resort to talk to someone. And they still would not take the weeks back.

Further reinforcement that these folks have no leverage over you whatsoever, apparently having no legal presence or jurisdiction in the U.S. You can waste money paying lawyers if you choose to do so, but if in your shoes I'd just tell these parasites to go pound sand (no pun intended) and let them know in blunt terms not uncertain that they are simply not going to see another penny from you and to "have a nice day". What do you somehow believe they could possibly do in response to that position? It seems to me that the worst that could happen is a (temporary) negative credit report hit --- and only IF they even bother to initiate that effort after terminating your "membership". Your personal decision to make of course.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 19, 2017 02:28 PM

Jul 21, 2017

Ken, I am not so sure that all Mexican timeshares have no leverage if you stop paying. I don't have any Mexican timeshares so this isn't from my personal experience but I believe many of the larger resort chains have registered US offices and make sure when they are selling to US citizens that they have some kind of leverage. Otherwise they wouldn't spend so much money on the sales budget for commission and gifts to get Americans in. if all they have to do is stop paying at anytime. Like any other contract, like one for a health club or a phone/cable provider with a contract for x years, they can report the non payment to a credit bureau and they can sell the dept to collectors. Some may even have Canadian offices but I don't think most bother.

It doesn't mean that you can't just stop paying but it doesn't mean that if you stop paying -poof- it all automatically just goes away. It certainly doesn't mean you should go through some sort of Mexican relief or advocate company.

Tracey S.
Jul 21, 2017

tracey75 wrote:
Ken, I am not so sure that all Mexican timeshares have no leverage if you stop paying. I don't have any Mexican timeshares so this isn't from my personal experience but I believe many of the larger resort chains have registered US offices and make sure when they are selling to US citizens that they have some kind of leverage. Otherwise they wouldn't spend so much money on the sales budget for commission and gifts to get Americans in. if all they have to do is stop paying at anytime. Like any other contract, like one for a health club or a phone/cable provider with a contract for x years, they can report the non payment to a credit bureau and they can sell the dept to collectors. Some may even have Canadian offices but I don't think most bother.

It doesn't mean that you can't just stop paying but it doesn't mean that if you stop paying -poof- it all automatically just goes away. It certainly doesn't mean you should go through some sort of Mexican relief or advocate company.

You are absolutely correct that If a Mexican entity actually has a business presence of any kind here IN the U.S., they can (and very well might) utilize any and all collections processes and avenues available within the U.S. If they don't, they can't --- it's that simple. Anecdotally, (I have no hard, reliable numbers to cite) it seems that most Mexican timeshare operations do NOT have any such legal presence here, but there are surely noteworthy exceptions.

Bear in mind that Mexican RTU contracts are essentially nothing but "club memberships", in which the "member" owns absolutely NOTHING ---- just a right to periodically access and utilize the property. Any and every such Mexican operation initially collected some serious money from the "member" when the member initially "bought in", making the cash register ring, so to speak. It's no skin off their nose at all if people later smarten up and decide to just walk away from the "membership". After all, the initial money is long since "pocketed" and the procession of vulnerable Gringos into Cancun and Puerto Vallarta is virtually endless and non-stop. For every "member" that walks away, dozens more gringos will walk in --- and some WILL buy in to the "pitch". It's just business. Mexico has a 5 day rescission (cancellation) period, but there are no easy exits after that 5 day period expires.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 24, 2017 04:27 AM

Jul 22, 2017

I returned my timeshare. I had an estimate from a company. I offered $1500 to the timeshare agency, and they said they would accept at $2,000. The details were a little dicey. I wanted confirmation that I would be free of any obligation, etc. It took numerous emails to work issues out. It was a very tedious process, but we did work out an agreement. Since Mexico is another country/language, that is more complicated. In any case it is a good idea to have an attorney review any tentative agreement before you send a check.

Katherine H.
Jul 26, 2017

This resort does operate an office in the US, which is at the crux of the issue. They operate out of Miami. The resort we purchased at was at Cable Beach, Nassau Bahamas. The resorts answer for no longer having a resort there is that the resort no longer measured up to it's standards. This is interesting, since the last time we were able to stay at the resort the first room they placed us in had extremely wet carpet. We had to demand to be placed in another room. The resort was promised to be upgraded and being built up into a brand new resort. It was only after asking to book time at Nassau, our favorite place to go that we learned they no longer have any resorts in the Bahamas. Their main locations are in Mexico, or overseas. Places we do not want to go. The way we see it, without the Nassau resort there is no contract. This is what we are fighting with the resort about. So far, they are refusing to budge due to the fact they say the offer new and better destinations. This is a fallacy.

Lisa E.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.