Ask RedWeek

Closing and Transfer Fee Costs

Aug 28, 2017

What are the closing and transfer fee costs associated with buying a Timeshare thru a Redweek.com verified seller/ad?

Specifically, HIVC in Willaismburg VA, or Myrtle Beach SC.

Brian M.
Aug 29, 2017

brianm1053 wrote:
What are the closing and transfer fee costs associated with buying a Timeshare thru a Redweek.com verified seller/ad?

Specifically, HIVC in Willaismburg VA, or Myrtle Beach SC.

Why not submit your question directly to RedWeek customer service? You would likely get a more prompt and detailed response than by posing a question in these discussion forums.

"RedWeek verified" only means that the advertising seller (and the accuracy of the listing) has been independently confirmed to be the owner / week / unit that is being advertised; this really has nothing at all to do with closing costs and transfer fee costs. Instead of "RedWeek verified", did you perhaps instead intend to ask about a "full service listing", which is something entirely different? In either case, I'd offer the same answer, provided in my first sentence. Closing costs will vary if it''s NOT a "RedWeek full service" listing, since different closing companies charge different amounts.

Transfer fees are imposed buy a resort or company; RedWeek has absolutely no say or influence in that matter. Wyndham, for example, charges $299 per deed for Wyndham transfers. Hyatt charges twice that amount. Independent (non "chain") resorts generally charge a $100+ transfer fee (separate and apart from all other closing costs). I don't personally know anything about HIVC transfer fees.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 06, 2017 03:08 AM

Aug 29, 2017

I'll add to what Ken said above. In addition to the various timeshare companies' transfer fee, some resorts will charge an additional transfer fee of around $100 or so.

Then there are closing costs. You can find a good one like Timeshare Transfer or Legal Timeshare Transfers who will charge anywhere from $150-$300.

You will have to negotiate with the seller as to who will pay the closing costs and transfer fees. That has nothing to do with RedWeek unless the seller is using RedWeek's Full-Service. If you have to pay the closing costs, then I would recommend one of the two closing companies I just mentioned.

Lance C.
Aug 01, 2023

Does the prices listed in Marriott vacation club points include the transfer fees? Or is that separate and worked only with the seller?

Jesus H.
Aug 27, 2023

Is it possible to see a list of timeshares you have helped people sell with your service?

Cindy W.
Sep 14, 2023

Why can some timeshares have the purchaser paying the closing fees but there’s no mention of this when sellers put a timeshare on Redweek? I’m in the process of selling a week and paying the closing fees and the week I would like to purchase has the closing fees to be added on the sale of between $550 - $700. I’m just a bit confused by this. I also have another week for sale and am thinking of withdrawing it due to these fees.

Barbara L.
Sep 14, 2023

barbaral394 wrote:
Why can some timeshares have the purchaser paying the closing fees but there’s no mention of this when sellers put a timeshare on Redweek? I’m in the process of selling a week and paying the closing fees and the week I would like to purchase has the closing fees to be added on the sale of between $550 - $700. I’m just a bit confused by this. I also have another week for sale and am thinking of withdrawing it due to these fees.

There is no "one size fits all" answer to your question; the answer depends entirely upon the individual transaction. In a "private" transaction (in which there is no RedWeek involvement other than the ad having been posted on RedWeek's site), closing costs, transfer fees and selection of the transfer company are all matters to be negotiated, determined and mutually agreed beween the buyer and the seller. The arrangement is of course entirely different for "RedWeek handled" transactions.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 15, 2023 08:25 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.