Sep 13, 2017

I am a timeshare owner at Grand Regency and did some internet searching and found initial Chapter 11 filings were done in June for Grand Regency, Colonnade and others. HOA Management Services is involve along with Green Leaf Financial and others. I am not an attorney but it looks like the creditors did or are trying to stop Chapter 11, reorganization, and pushing for Chapter 7, complete liquidation. This would give them the right to take possession of the properties. Given the condition of Grand Regency when my wife, me and two friends of ours when we stayed there over Memorial Day this year, I am am not surprised. The place was nearly deserted and I believe had squatters staying in at one unit. Bottom floors had sandbags in front of doors to keep water out. Locks we off of some doors which had some construction supplies in it. Just a few units, like the two bedroom we stayed in, were in reasonably good shape. In my opinion, the sooner the creditors get the properties, the better. We may be out of a timeshare, but my guess is the sooner we will be out of paying maintenance fees. I plan to contact the US Bankruptcy Court Trustee in KC, MO to get better communication. If you want to contact me, email jrroskam@gmail.com

Jeff R.
Dec 06, 2017

we are also owners. Have you gotten any further information?

Kay B.
Dec 09, 2017

Please add me to any emails about Grand Regengy Brandon I am another scam victim.

David D.
Dec 20, 2017

I am also an owner with Grand Regency since 2002 and have had nothing but bad experiences. I can no longer exchange thru II, and with the "resort" and I use that term loosely, in disrepair, the unit is worthless. Please let me know what action can be taken. thanks

R S.
Dec 20, 2017

I checked with some folks a few months ago and I was informed that the bankruptcy was filed after foreclosure had already started, so the courts rejected the bankruptcy. When I stopped by in November I was told that the bank is trying to sell off assets and they do expect a new owner of the property. I was also told that timeshare owners would most likely be let out of their contracts since that is an asset. I was also told that there should have been no maintance fees collected in 2017 and until sold there would be no maintance fees in 2018.

Chris B.
Dec 25, 2017

Please send me your email address. Have you been to see the condition of Grand Regency and have you contacted the Missouri Association of lake of Ozarks? My email address is caholmes59@hotmail.com

Carol H.
Dec 25, 2017

May I have your email address. Have you been to See the condition of Grand Regency? Also have you contacted Missouri Association of Lake Ozarks? My email address is caholmes59@hotmail.com.

Carol H.
Dec 25, 2017

May I have your email address? Also have you contacted Missouri Association of Lake of Ozarks? Have your seen the Condition of Grand Regency? My email is caholmes59@hotmail.com

Carol H.
Dec 26, 2017

Carol,

My email is jrroskam@gmail.com. Mobile - 316-214-6316.

I stayed in the property (2 bdrm) over Memorial Day 2017. Our room was fine although not change at all since we bought in the early 2000s. However silverware etc was short. The bottom floor had sandbags at the doors to prevent rain from coming which in turn was caused by poor drainage. I have pictures.

My perception is that some people were squatting in at least one unit and two or three others had occupants. The squatter appeared to be a bad dude and had a female companion and small girl with him. My guess is they were on the run. My wife said she would not have stayed there one night without me and the husband of our guest couple with her.

The foundation etc looks good but some singles on one building were lost in a wind storm. Overall the property was in poor repair and not worthy of a time share let alone a tradeable timeshare. I doubt that much of our maintenance fees have been actually spent for the intended purpose.

I have not been in touch with the bankruptcy trustee but will not send any more dollars unless forced to do so. We did meet with one timeshare liquidation company in Branson (big yellow signs that lead to an Army surplus store). who estimated it would cost $3-$4000 for them to “transfer” ownership back to Interjit. They claimed that folks in the business and timeshare developer circles in Branson are well aware of Interjit’s poor reputation. We did not do use their services because I assumed legal proceedings with creditors or authorities would come at some point. So we are still unsure if we will have an obligation to pay further fees. I doubt we will if creditors get the assets. They should get the assets if bankruptcy is (or has) thrown out by the courts in Kansas City.

Jeff R.

Last edited by jeff1336 on Dec 26, 2017 03:47 AM

Dec 26, 2017

Jeff

Thanks for posting your information about the grand regency/colonaide. I am an owner at the colonaide and paid interjit to take back my contract but to no avail. He was suppose to have taken my weeks back but each time I thought it was going through nothing happened. In addition I keep getting pay notices for my weeks. I just recently received dues notices for 2018.

I am refusing to pay based on previous mentioned details. Have you discovered any additional details about what's is going to happen with all the owners of this organization? Is there any particular organization you would recommend me to contact?

Thanks for your time and due diligence

Scott

Scott B.
Dec 28, 2017

I would li ke to stay in lupe also my timeshare is at colonnade I've been having problems for 5 years the last time we were there we left on thu. did knot feel safe.

Bobby W.
Dec 31, 2017

I would like to be informed also. I am with GR and just got my MT fees but they are to be paid to Court or somebody for debts than maintenance. I am not paying until they are for maintenance. Where is this money going??? monroejcurtis@live.com

Monroe C.
Jan 02, 2018

I emailed the court truestee and will update you all if i hear back from Mr. Lloyd Mueller. However, according to this web link, the bankruptcy has been disscharged. https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/21733452/Grand_Regency_Resorts,_LLC. I take this to mean the creditors keep the Grand Regency Resorts from filing from creditor protection and creditors have likely taken the property. Any attorney's out there to help out?

Jeff R.
Jan 02, 2018

Jeff this may help you I have called this lawyer in Kansas City Mo and she is aware of Grand Regency situation. Wood law firm ask for Lindsey. 816-256-3582. Please keep us informed what you find out and decide.

Carol H.
Jan 08, 2018

I am concerned about all of this. As of December 21, I called to verify the amount for the fees and paid the fees that were sent to me from French Quarter Condo Owners association as it always did in the past. It listed our Owner ID and unit week etc as well. My check is now cashed and I have just received a notice from Missouri Assoc. management asking for a larger amount - $50.00 more than they have already received. Southwind Management Corp is showing who cashed the check. The letter says paying the fees are still necessary. What should we do? and who do we call for directions? signed C and J email address is jcs9005@cox.net

JerryCarol S.

Last edited by jerrycarols on Jan 08, 2018 07:47 PM

Jan 08, 2018

According to the business filings on the state of Missouri website, Interjit Grewal, owner of Grand Regency created a new Grand Regency HOA company named Grand Regency Homeowner Association, LLC which is a for profit corporation on June 27, 2017. The original HOA was Grand Regency at Thousand Hill Owners Association, Inc, a non profit corporation which as formed in 2001. This smells bad. Be very careful.

Jeff R.

Last edited by jeff1336 on Jan 08, 2018 10:15 PM

Jan 09, 2018

I don't understand why people are still paying maintenance fees? There is no trade available, evidently no place to stay since these posts state the resort is closed, so why pay anything? We haven't received any bills or statements to pay, but even if we did we would not pay based on all the info I've been reading. The owner has been stealing from us I would assume from the time he took over ownership. Is there anyone that actually knows for sure what is going on with the Grand Regency? I had contacted the Mo Attorney General previously regarding the fraud that was taking place, and I have contacted them again to see if they have information, but have not had a response.

R S.
Jan 10, 2018

thank you for info I have called the BBB & States ATG. no help

Bobby W.
Jan 11, 2018

Is there no control over the timeshare industry? If we have this many people getting taken we should be able to form a suit of some kind.

Monroe C.
Jan 11, 2018

Thanks for the information related to "Grand Regency Resort Owners Association" I received a bill for 375.00 Maintenance Fee 2018 for Grand Regency property G233BE from Grand Regency Resort Owners Association As of 9/24/2016 I sent a check to "Grand Regency Resort,243 Jess Jo Parkway, Branson, Mo. to "Take option 2 and Deedback" the unit. Also sent additional Check $27.00 for Taney Co. Recorder at same time. All our Dues were paid in full up to that point in time. Whoever is involved in this fraudulent operation is apparently attempting to "fleece the owners" again with this new "Grand Regency Resort Owners Association. Thank you all for the information you have posted - - this is an ongoing horror story - - will it ever end?? Robert Hinckley roberth@pie.midco.net

Robert H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.