Ask RedWeek

Time Share Resale offer from Diamond Holdings Group in Phoenix, Ariz. ?

Jun 02, 2020

Has anybody received an offer to purchase your timeshare weeks from Diamond Holdings Group in Phoenix, Ariz. ?

Edmond A.
Jun 03, 2020

edmonda4 wrote:
Has anybody received an offer to purchase your timeshare weeks from Diamond Holdings Group in Phoenix, Ariz. ?

It's possible. How did you receive this offer? Was it an unexpected sales phone call? Did they tell you they could fetch tens of thousands of dollars for this sale? If so, then it is a scam.

Lance C.
Jun 03, 2020

My guess is you own a timeshare in Mexico, which is "right to use." It has little value on the resale market. If you go further, you will be asked to send funds to Mexico for different fees/taxes. Your money will disappear.

John I.
Jun 03, 2020

Yes I received an unexpeceted phone call, they had my name , my email adress and other info like the number of weeks we own. They send me offer to sign and return back with a copy of my contract.

lancec13 wrote:
edmonda4 wrote:

It's possible. How did you receive this offer? Was it an unexpected sales phone call? Did they tell you they could fetch tens of thousands of dollars for this sale? If so, then it is a scam.

Edmond A.
Jun 03, 2020

johni116 wrote:
My guess is you own a timeshare in Mexico, which is "right to use." It has little value on the resale market. If you go further, you will be asked to send funds to Mexico for different fees/taxes. Your money will disappear.

I own timeshare weeks in Bahia Principe Privilige Club where they have many 4* and 5* all inclusive resorts in the Dominican Republic, and elsewhere (Mexico Riviera Maya , Jamaica, Tenerife Canary Islands).

Edmond A.
Jun 03, 2020

edmonda4 wrote:
I own timeshare weeks in Bahia Principe Privilige Club where they have many 4* and 5* all inclusive resorts in the Dominican Republic, and elsewhere (Mexico Riviera Maya , Jamaica, Tenerife Canary Islands).

Let me guess. These people told you that they could get you money beyond your wildest dreams for these weeks. Or that they have corporations lined up around the block looking to rent weeks like yours for conventions and corporate getaways.

Once they have you believing that and you are intoxicated at the thought of getting tens of thousands of dollars for the sale or rental of these weeks that you "own". they will tell you that you need to pay a fee or tax to get the deal done.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.