Ask RedWeek

Divi Phoenix Original Tower (Phase I) vs New Towers (Phase II).

Nov 10, 2022

The Divi Phenix Aruba has two phases, I & II. I is the original tower, 11 stories high, many complain of mold and lacking the amenities of Phase II. Either out of ignorance or intended to deceive many Phase II posters list their units for rent under the Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort and not Beach Towers at Divi Phoenix. I've spoken with a number of Redweek employees, who are unfamiliar with Aruba or the difference between the two. So if any Redweek staff are reading this, update your "Resorts" to Phase I (Original Tower), or Phase II (four new towers). Currently it is ambiguous and deceptive.

I Own nine units at the Divi Phoenix Resort, eight are phase II and one in phase I. When I post my Phase II I list it in the correct resort. Redweek has the same Phase II pics for both Phases which is deceiving. Caveat Emptor.

I've brought this issue to Redweek but it continues to fall on deaf ears. I have bought many of my units through Redweek via a Redweek agent and try to explain this to no avail. They yes me to death and yet after all these years, it remains incorrect.

Ted B.
Nov 13, 2022

So you are saying the newer beach towers, Phase II are better?

Kelly M.
Mar 06, 2023

Please do yourselves a favor and NEVER rent a unit from the DIVI Phoenix. It just cost us over $6,000 to leave their for another property.

Here are the posts from yesterday and today:

We checked into the Divi Phoenix on Sunday, 2/26/2023. When we arrived at the room, it was uninhabitable. Many things were broken from the toilets (they didn't flush), some cabinets were broken at the bottom and the smell of the unit was extremely musty. The unit was not suitable to be rented. It was vile. As we live in New Jersey, we had no way to know of the condition of these units. We've stayed at the Marriott Surf club many times and have never had an issue.

In addition, the lights in the elevator [which was dilapidated] stopped working (we got there in the evening and rode the elevator in the dark).

We immediately went to the front desk to tell them that the room was unacceptable. They showed us another room. We smelled the odor from this unit (again musty) from the doorway and refused to move units.

As we were unable to stay in a unit at the Divi Phoenix, we had to scramble to find another hotel with availability which cost us over $6,000.00.

We are requested a full refund [$2,185.00] for the Redweek rental and want to be reimbursed for the additional expense we were forced to incur on such short notice.

Should we not hear back shortly, we will simply dispute the charge with our credit card company.

about 18 hours ago

Rental Team (RedWeek) Hello XXX:

We regret the inconvenience you experienced.

Unfortunately, the deadline to submit a dispute as per the contract was 12 pm (noon) PT on Feb 27, 2023.

13. Disputes: 13.1. If the Renter does not receive the Unit as described in the Unit Details section, they should open a dispute directly with RedWeek at https://www.redweek.com/dispute by 12 pm (noon) PT on Feb 27, 2023.

The owner was already paid as stated on the contract.

Did you ask the resort for some type of concession? Again, we regret the inconvenience. However, there is nothing RedWeek can do as owner's funds were disbursed and dispute deadline has passed.

RedWeek

about 1 hour ago

Me:

Baloney. We notified the front desk at the Divi within an hour of our arrival on February 26th, resulting in their offer of another uninhabitable unit and our vacating the premises.

We'll take it up with the credit card company. We'll make sure we put the appropriate feedback in the review section and we will never book with Redweek again. Buyer beware. Let's see who it'll cost more long-term.

Morris L.

Last edited by s_hines on Mar 06, 2023 11:03 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.