Hotel NYX Cancun

Resort re-opened?

Oct 18, 2006

Do any Avalon Grand Cancun owners know the current status of the resort? All information shows it's re-opening in "Fall 2006". Have any of you been given an update, or information on the extent of the renovations?

Thanks, Kylie

Kylie
RedWeek.com
Nov 02, 2006

We were told that it re-opened at the end of September and that the entire resort was renovated; including all of the rooms, and all of the public areas inside and out. We were given this information by calling the Members only department.

Beth F.
Nov 17, 2006

Is Avalon Grand a good place to stay while in Cancun? What's the beach like, is it clean and beautiful?

Lori

Lorraine W.

Last edited by loriw03 on Nov 29, 2006 09:18 PM

Nov 30, 2006

ira10 wrote:
We were told that it re-opened at the end of September and that the entire resort was renovated; including all of the rooms, and all of the public areas inside and out. We were given this information by calling the Members only department.

Upon further investigation I have heard that one pool is still closed, The Kids Club, Kelly's Bar,and the Spa and Gym as of 11-30-06. If anyone can verify as these amenities re-open that would be great!

Lynda S.
Dec 10, 2006

Hi, when I read that you said some of the amenities had not re-opened, I called the resort again. I spoke with people both at the resort itself and through the owners membership division. Both places told me that everything was open. I should believe what they say, and I'm hoping that it's completely true. But for now, until someone goes there, I have to assume that everything is functioning as it should be.

Beth F.
Dec 10, 2006

loriw03 wrote:
Is Avalon Grand a good place to stay while in Cancun? What's the beach like, is it clean and beautiful?

Lori

We are owners here at the Avalon Grand and at the Melia Cancun. The Avalon is a much smaller boutique hotel, while the Melia is larger. The Avalon is supposed to be wonderful since the renovation, with a brand new clean beach. We know for a fact that the Melia is terrific, a 5* resort. I believe the Avalon Grand is a 4*resort, which is also really nice. The Avalon is situated as well right on the main strip and closer in to most of the action than the Melia is. The Avalon also has another hotel on Isla Muheres, a small island 6 miles off the coast of Cancun called the Avalon Reef Club. You can check it out on Redweek, but the island itself is fabulous. The resort is surrounded on 3 sides with water and many of the rooms look directly over the coral reef. A great place to visit.

Beth F.
Jan 06, 2007

This resort seems to state inclusive only But the Time share renters are trying to say that you do not have to take it. It is not nice to get a surprise when you arrive and be charged for something you do not want. What is the real answer to this Option or no option question?

Joyce P.

Last edited by joycep56 on Jan 06, 2007 09:25 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.