Timeshare Companies

IMG FInance

Dec 02, 2009

Any info on IMG Finance? They offered to sell my units and I am doing my homework.

Dennis A.
Dec 02, 2009

If money asked for upfront for any lame reason run!

Now just to add to this subject of International Marketing Group which until now I have never heard of. There also was a posting on this group on Tug asking same type question.

I'm not one of those people to call others a shill without more information but if it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck I doubt its a bear!

Why is it these companies get their names on couple timeshare postings at same time asking questions probably to get people asking about them and most of these people starting these post are new to the forum.

On the Tug site the first one has only six postings and asking same question as here. Second person Russtaylor has only five postings and he used IMG against his better judgement after being scammed six other times and IMG did great job and sold his timeshare (Lakeside Terrace two bed/two bath float week in Vail Colorado for $12500.00).

Postings stated no fee and no commission. They did require $1428.00 upfront on closing just in case the deed was in foreclosure to be refunded if clear. LMAO

After couple members of Tug posted for some proof one of the moderators offered for him to send proof and she would verify it. Sounds right and maybe the people already throwing the shill name out are wrong.

Moderator came back saying the check for the $12,500 appears to be genuine but why did he black out all the company address on the check,still waiting for this answer.

One of the Tug members stated that IMG information has already beed deleted from TripAdvisor. I can not say if this is true but believe a Tug member over four people on two sites tonight and the three on Tug have only 13 total postings.

Wish Redweek had a running total of postings on here for others to see so we would have idea when new person comes on to try and advertise a scam company.

PHILL12

Phil L.
Dec 03, 2009

Thanks for the info. I will continue my research. By the way, what is Tug?

Dennis A.
Dec 03, 2009

dennisa105 wrote:

www.tugbbs.com another timeshare forum.

R P.
Dec 11, 2009

dennisa105 wrote:
Dennisa105 if you are still doing research you might go to the Tug forum and read more about this company. It sure looks like another scam job with shills not to smart but what do we expect of them since their only job is to steal money from timeshare owners!

One person that started this post on Tug had six postings in last four months and all were about scam companies probably just to set his real plan in motion. Next the post asking about IMG and this Russ Taylor signs on and has five postings all on the IMG forum raving about it {shill}. One of the moderators stepped in to help and offered to check his story out and he sent a copy of his large check for the sale of his timeshare with the company address blacked out for some reason which we all can figure out. He also sent the check copy he cashed but in most cases he wouldn't be able to do this because the copy would come from the company or person writing it and not the person cashing it. Russ Taylor claimed to be from Pittsburg Pa when he signed on but it was found his IP ADDRESS was from Pamano Beach Fl which is right next to Boca Raton Fl where IMG is.

Next thing found is the IMG site is only three months old and the link to download contracts doesn't work!

Take it from there, This is a scamming setup with shills trying to hook victims.

PHILL12

Phil L.
Dec 18, 2009

fightb wrote:
IF YOU WERE CONTACTED BY TIMESHARE TRAVELS, TIMESHARE MARKET PRO, VACATION DEPOT, TIMESHARE DEPOT, PREMIER, CREATIVE VACATION SOLUTIONS, EXECUTIVE TIMESHARE MARKETING, TIMESHARE RESALE, RESALE TIMESHARE, I.M.G. FINANCE, 5 STAR RESORT, RESORTS CONDOS PLUS, GMAC, ICARE TIMESHARE, OR ANY OTHER TIMESHARE RESALE COMPANY AND YOU PAID THEM MONEY UP FRONT AFTER BEING PROMISED A BUYER OR ANYTHING ELSE THEY PROMISED THAT NEVER HAPPENED? PLEASE CONTACT ME AND TELL ME YOUR STORY. LEAVE ME YOUR CONTACT INFO. YOUR MONEY ISN’T GONE YOU JUST HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. YOU CAN’T AFFORD NOT TO. JUST KNOW YOU ARE PROTECTED AS A CONSUMER AND NOT ALONE.

And how do you go about getting refunds for people that have been defrauded or lied to ???? Do you charge an upfront fee????

R P.

Last edited by marty8084 on Dec 18, 2009 09:25 PM

Dec 25, 2009

Fightb this is a bad try at bumping your advertising post up by doing it on Christmas Day just to get it back to top of postings.

I see you didn't bother to answer Jayjay's question and I think we all understand why not!

I now see Redweek deleted you so you should get the idea by now! Good-Bye

PHILL12

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Dec 26, 2009 09:31 PM

Dec 28, 2009

I had them same response - he said he was "Confirming a pending sales information" and he had the last 4 digits of my VISA too? This guy said he was James Patterson, and he had too cel phone numbers (no 800 TF that's a warning) but I was already processing another so-called sale from a company I already gave money to Creative Vacations Solutions INC. [they say they are working on it 6 months and $1,287. ago!]

So when they called the other company had just hung up with me they all sound the same. He said he "was the finance company for the BUYER?" And wanted to confirm my address and Resort name? How can we put a stop to this group and others? There must be a way?

When I contacted the STATE of FLorida - where they are from I was told to file with the BBB and contact local law enforcement @pbso.org - ONLY IF EVERYONE COMPAINS WILL THEY OR THE ftc EVER act!

V B.
Dec 29, 2009

IMG just call me said I have to think about it they ask for $1,428 for cost of title search I was burnt plenty of times already I will pass on this one I am just going to foreclose on property Wyndham just raised my maintenance to 429 a month I will go to every Wyndham property and also tell people not to buy their timeshares I have a million points and still cant get the weeks I want at other resorts either they take the timeshare back for what I owe or I will cost their business Wyndham will lose in the long run if its any scam its also Wyndham

George C.
Dec 30, 2009

georgec229 wrote:
IMG just call me said I have to think about it they ask for $1,428 for cost of title search I was burnt plenty of times already I will pass on this one I am just going to foreclose on property Wyndham just raised my maintenance to 429 a month I will go to every Wyndham property and also tell people not to buy their timeshares I have a million points and still cant get the weeks I want at other resorts either they take the timeshare back for what I owe or I will cost their business Wyndham will lose in the long run if its any scam its also Wyndham

I have no idea how or why you purchased a million points, as I can't imagine anyone having enough free time to spend more than a fraction of that amount and Wyndham points can't (as of March 19, 2009) be transferred or rented to anyone else. That aside, however:

If you still owe loan money on what was (apparently) a developer-direct purchase originally, then no upfront fee company on Planet Earth can do ANYTHING for you. That ongoing debt has to be resolved in order to transfer ownership or title, plain and simple. In truth, NO ONE is going to willingly "buy" someone else's existing debt when free and clear timeshares are available at "a dime a dozen" prices these days. Accordingly, *PLEASE* don't throw more good money away by feeding it to ANY upfront fee parasites.

You may have two separate problems / issues here: If your financing was through any entity which was not Wyndham itself, then you have a (separate) loan legal issue with that entity. Wyndham foreclosing on you will NOT make that loan issue "go away" if the loan was (or later became) separate from Wyndham itself. If that's the case, Wyndham can't negotiate regarding a loan that's not currently "in house" (i.e., still held within Wyndham).

I would respectfully suggest contacting Wyndham headquarters directly in Orlando,FL (in writing --- NOT by phone) and explain your situation --- rationally, factually and in detail in a polite letter to their Legal Dept. That way, you will at least obtain a clear picture of their willingness (if any) to negotiate a resolution with you. Obviously, you will lose whatever equity (money) you have already invested to date; there will certainly be no chance of any "refunds", and you would forfeit your exisiting points balance and ownership. But, it sounds like it may be time for you to try to somehow stop the bleeding and cut your losses ASAP. DO NOT pay ANY upfront fee entity a DIME. If you still owe money on your timeshare, there isn't a thing on Earth any upfront fee parasite can possibly do for you. Period, amen.

I have read of instances of people who were in dire financial straights successfully negotiating an "out" with Wyndham. Except for their lying developer-direct sales weasels (a curse which is, unfortunately, common to ALL companies), Wyndham overall is not a bad company or timeshare system for its owners, at least in my experience.

In summary: Ignore any and all upfront fee parasites completely. Don't pay ANY entity a penny "upfront" under any circumstances. Contact Wyndham (in writing ONLY) and at least TRY to seek and negotiate a solution there. Be factual and rational and you may find that you can find a satisfactory (if painful) way out. If you just rant and rave with them, you'll just be summarily ignored. Remember --- no one ever "forced" you to make that voluntary choice to purchase...

Give it a shot. I sincerely wish you luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 30, 2009 10:55 AM

Dec 30, 2009

He probably bought the million points before Wyndham enacted it's no transfer policy as some people were actually running businesses renting out Wyndham points .... I remember reading on TUG about a lady that had at least a million points and her business of renting the points was completely shut down when Wyndham enacted it's no transfer policy ... needless to say she was in dire straits with no income.

R P.
Dec 31, 2009

I was going to stay in 6 months in florida but became disable and fell on hard time I can do better thing with the money pay other bills with maintance and mortgage came to a total of 1750 a month owe eight years left owe 80,000 on the property so you can figure out what I can save 12x8@1750 a year=comes to a total of 168,000 dollars

George C.
Jan 01, 2010

georgec229 wrote:
I was going to stay in 6 months in florida but became disable and fell on hard time I can do better thing with the money pay other bills with maintance and mortgage came to a total of 1750 a month owe eight years left owe 80,000 on the property so you can figure out what I can save 12x8@1750 a year=comes to a total of 168,000 dollars

I am sorry for your misfortune. Your one and only way out, as previously advised, is to negotiate a resolution directly with Wyndham, contacting their Legal Dept. in Orlando, FL. If you can't find the address in the paperwork you have on hand, post back here and I will dig it out for you.

The sooner you act, the sooner you'll know exactly where you stand with Wyndham. Don't delay -- and DON'T pay any upfront fee entities a single penny. There is absolutely nothing ANY third party entity can possibly do for you. You need to present your case directly to Wyndham, in clear and specific detail and in writing. Please don't delay --- it's in YOUR own best interest to be proactive here.

KC
Jan 01, 2010

georgec229 wrote:

I am assuming you don't care if your points are foreclosed by Wyndham since you still owe a balance of $80,000, not to speak of yearly maintenance fees .... with foreclosure your credit will certainly take a hit, but if you're not planning on borrowing money, buying a car or a house or any other major purchase on credit in the future then letting Wyndham foreclose is probably the best answer for your situation.

R P.
Jan 01, 2010

thanks for the information I dont care about the oringnal money I had to put down or the money I gave them already .I will take your advise and call them monday again thank you and have a Happy New Year

George C.
Jan 01, 2010

georgec229 wrote:
thanks for the information I dont care about the oringnal money I had to put down or the money I gave them already .I will take your advise and call them monday again thank you and have a Happy New Year

To repeat my advice a THIRD (and final) time --- DO NOT "CALL"! You need to WRITE --- **NOT** CALL!!

A phone call will be a complete waste of your time (and theirs) and it will only get you through to secretaries and /or other minions who have NO decision making authority and NO legal knowledge anyhow.

You need to sit down and WRITE a clear, specific, factual and detailed description of your situation and MAIL that correspondence to the Legal Dept. at Wyndham's corporate offices in Orlando, FL, specifically requesting release from your contract for the (detailed, accurate, specific) reasons regarding your personal circumstances, as clearly described in your letter. Keep a copy of the letter and send the original by certified mail, return receipt requested.

I'm sure you wish that it was as easy as just making a few phone calls, but I can assure you that you would be mistaken. Any such approach will NOT be at all productive for you. There is too much at stake here to be lazy in your approach to seeking a solution. GET WRITING!

Wyndham lawyers will review your letter at THEIR convenience (not yours) so PLEASE follow this advice if you want to have even the slightest chance of success. There is no "easy way out" here. I'm trying to help you --- please do the specific things suggested (indeed, absolutely required) as enumerated above, to better help yourself. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 01, 2010 12:10 PM

Jan 15, 2010

We had a bad experience with Premier Timeshar Solutions of Palm Beach Gardens, Fl. Apparently they have gone out of business and I want to get my money back $1388.54. Can you help? I have filed a complaint with Florida Consumer Services. What Else can be done?

I also have an issue with Creative Vacation Solutions of West Palm Beach, FL. Sean Wernn told me 4/24/09 that they had a buyer for my timeshare and I needed to send a deposit of $999.00 to do the requisite title search etc. Well suprise - the sale fell through and I have not heard anything from them since. The only time I hear anything is if I call. I have asked for my money (sevral times) back and they have declined. Any chance you can help? I will be filling out a complaint with the Floriday Consumer Services in the next day or two.

Please let me know if you can help. Are you a lawyer? Will there be a fee involved?

Patrick S.
Jan 16, 2010

I had the same problem with them filed a complaint with the BBB and called the district attorney for that area there under investigation the DA got my money back

George C.
Feb 22, 2010

How long did it take for the DA to get your money back

Mike B.
Feb 23, 2010

Also, you should contact a class action law firm and get a class action lawsuit going ... they only charge if they win .... here's one I found by googling:

http://www.aconsumerfraudlawyer.com/html/class_action.html

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.