Nov 17, 2006

Would like to see if there are other new owners out there and why you decided to buy at St Kitts. This is our second Marriott time share. We love the one in Orlando We have swappped for other time shares, points and stayed there. Also interested in ant air fare deals that may be out there. Ellen

Ellen F.
Nov 22, 2006

Bought Marbella 3/B pre-const and have been looking to add another week for some time now (pre-const). Sale Price, exclusive location, tied to legitimate rental rates (rather than a sales pitch), limited availability of other time shares. Hv been looking for many over 5 years and believe this to be a great buy. Stayed at and also considered Myrtle Beach, but prices were too high and really strengthened our reasons to purchase St.K. Lkg forward to staying or even renting! Trade value should be v.high and hope to get into prime ski weeks at some point.

Garret C.
Jan 20, 2007

any luck renting on this site before? whats the best place to rent? I have the week 52 2br gardenview unit...

Scott E.
Jan 22, 2007

ellen510 wrote:
Would like to see if there are other new owners out there and why you decided to buy at St Kitts. This is our second Marriott time share. We love the one in Orlando We have swappped for other time shares, points and stayed there. Also interested in ant air fare deals that may be out there. Ellen

Ellen, we have just purchased at this property having been a Marriott owner at Grand Ocean on Hilton Head, and Panama City, Florida. We love the caribbean and wanted to own there so was very pleased when Marriort opened this property. We are looking forward to going in 2008. We love Marriott properties but just wished the maintenance fees were lower. What season do you own?

Have you tried Interval for airfares - they are supposed to offer lower fares.

Vee

Vee S.
Feb 18, 2007

ellen510 wrote:
WHEN DID YOU MAKE SETTLEMENT? HAVE YOU STAYED IN UNIT YET?

Ralph M.
Feb 26, 2007

ellen510 wrote:
Hi Ellen, Just got back from Aruba and purchased weeks 51 and 52(gardenview)at St. Kitts. First time,time share buyers,although we own two condos(under construction) in The Canyons, Park City Utah. I am hoping the value becomes as good in St. Kitts as Aruba at some time and that possible airport runway expansion will allow for direct flights from east coast. I made sure to have availability 07 although they tried to push me to 08. I love Aruba but it is a bit of a zoo and many people I know from home. Both good thing and bad thing but St. Kitts should be more exclusive and new aqaintances. Look forward to your reply. Regards, Eddie

Edward G.
Mar 01, 2007

Hello, another new owner here, just waiting to close we bought a 3 bedroom platinium season. We are planning to go down to St Kitts this June pictures we have seen look great we can't wait!!!

Daniel O.
Mar 16, 2007

ellen510 wrote:
Hi Ellen, We own 2 weeks at Aruba Surf Club. We went to St Kitts on Points. We fell in love instantly. We thought that we could exchange Aruba for st. Kitts in the future but were told there will only be 88 timeshare units and exchanges would be difficult. Very disappointed that we wouldnd't be able to return, we bought a week, we would rent or eventually sell one of our Aruba weeks. Resort and island has so much to offer. Hopefully direct flights from new york will happen eventually. It will be a property very much in demand and have great trade value. Ellen F

Ellenbob F.
Mar 22, 2007

ralphm27 wrote:
ellen510 wrote:

Concerning settlement ... is anyone else having difficulty getting their final paperwork? We bought (i.e., put out $$ ) in September 2006 and still haven't received anything in writing that shows we are owners. We weren't notified by Marriott that we were elibible to make a reservation in 2007 until it was too late for us to get the week we wanted. Our calls to Marriott Vacation Club have elicited the response that they are dealing with a foreign government and are subject to their slower ways. That may be, but it is not excuse for Marriott not to keep us informed of the status of our purchase. Our experience with this transaction has not been typical of Marriott's usual efficiency and I am wondering if this an indication the future in St. Kitt's.

Sally S.
Mar 23, 2007

We just received a call from our sales rep (3/23) that we officially closed on (3/21). Paperwork and incentives to follow. Don't think that this is an indication of any trouble with St. Kitt's, just unanticipated issues with the start up. This was quite delayed from the 90 days estimated and I would imagine that you may have grounds to get your maintenance fee back for 07 due to the delayed closings with everyone. Although, this won't help with your vacation for 07 and would take add'l time and effort. Good luck!

Garret C.
Apr 04, 2007

I am also a new owner in St. Kitts purchased 9/06. We have not closed yet but I do have reservation for August and flights are booked. In speaking with the MArriott I was told reservation is fine but was a little disappointed that my points will not go in to my account until 90-120 days after closing. They didnt have a date for it but said it's getting "READY" to do so. We are so looking forward to going with friends who are also owners there but were unable to get a reservation for August because they are all taken. St. Kitts is definitely the next up and coming place to go.

La D.
Apr 30, 2007

sallys79 wrote:
ralphm27 wrote:
ellen510 wrote:

Concerning settlement ... is anyone else having difficulty getting their final paperwork? We bought (i.e., put out $$ ) in September 2006 and still haven't received anything in writing that shows we are owners. We weren't notified by Marriott that we were elibible to make a reservation in 2007 until it was too late for us to get the week we wanted. Our calls to Marriott Vacation Club have elicited the response that they are dealing with a foreign government and are subject to their slower ways. That may be, but it is not excuse for Marriott not to keep us informed of the status of our purchase. Our experience with this transaction has not been typical of Marriott's usual efficiency and I am wondering if this an indication the future in St. Kitt's.

We bought our first week in St Thomas - Frenchmans' Cove last April 05. It took at least 6 months and after many many communications with the real estate dept. about lost paperwork and the requests for additional paperwork to be completed to close. Then in 2006 we decided to buy another week in St Thomas, that also took 6 months to close. Marriott also blamed it on the government for the delay, mentioned something about the property is outside of the U.S. and the regulations are more strict, etc, etc. Sounds like it is par for the cource with Marriott. I agree with your comment about the lack of communitcation on their part. I work for a financial insitution in the lending dept and have a very good understanding of the escrow process. My bank would not be in business for very long if we treated our clients as such! Did not have to pay for 2006 maint fees we are going there for the 2 weeks this Sat. We are interested in St Kitts also but are shy about going thru the same routine. Probably will try to exchange a week of our St Thomas property thru this website some time.

Good luck, we will be watching this site to see what your results are!

Ruth M.
May 01, 2007

Hi There All. Although I have not closed on my 2 weeks in St. Kitts, I have received paperwork with the financing and the deed, on a timely basis. I have made reservations for 2007 and I insisted that I be able to use the facility before the down payment. Marriott has honored that. I do have confirm numbers for my reservation emailed from Marriott verifying my reservation for 2007.So far so good. Eddie

Edward G.
May 17, 2007

I am the messager who reported not receiving any confirmation of closing or ownership papers from Marriott. I thought I would update with the news that we are still without paperwork, but have been told by Marriott that we closed on Feb. 28! I haved talked to 4 different people at Marriott Vacation Club and still have not received papers. However, they did have the nerve to send a bill for the 2007 maintenance fees which I was told were included in our closing costs, but absent the paperwork, I have no documentation of that. I am in an advanced state of regret over this purchase.

Sally S.
May 22, 2007

Received Maint Bill for 2007 (2b/2b Ocean View) itemized per unit as follows: $121.98 Replacment Fee $1,402.37 Operation Fee -$516.26 Developer Subsidy

Have sent an e-mail to my sales rep for clarification on Replacement Fee and Developer Subsidy.

It will be a very unwelcome surprise to find out that our maint.fees are under a developer subsidy with a limited term.... meaning our maint.fees will jump by $516.26 per unit if/when this subsidy expires!!!!

Owned Marriott Marbella and only had 1 line item to pay - Maintenance with no subsidy or replacement fees at/around $1,000 per unit and was sold on SK being at a similar level for annual maintenance.

Garret C.
May 22, 2007

garretc2 wrote:
Received Maint Bill for 2007 (2b/2b Ocean View) itemized per unit as follows: $121.98 Replacment Fee $1,402.37 Operation Fee -$516.26 Developer Subsidy

Have sent an e-mail to my sales rep for clarification on Replacement Fee and Developer Subsidy.

It will be a very unwelcome surprise to find out that our maint.fees are under a developer subsidy with a limited term.... meaning our maint.fees will jump by $516.26 per unit if/when this subsidy expires!!!!

Owned Marriott Marbella and only had 1 line item to pay - Maintenance with no subsidy or replacement fees at/around $1,000 per unit and was sold on SK being at a similar level for annual maintenance.

Hello there - I am the St Thomas Frenchman's Cove ower who previously replied to your email. When we were there last week we checked into buying at St Kitts, the sales person had to get their manager to give us the figures and tried to discourage us from buying and wanted very much to push two more weeks at St Thomas. They had very little info on St Kitts we were very disappointed, decided not to buy any more. Your situatioin just confirms our decision not to buy any property outside of the US.

If I were you I would call the main Marriott International Sales dept and get a Dept. Manager, go right to the top! After all the sale isn't final. Good luck sure do hope you enjoy your property from the pics it looks very nice. Maybe we can do a trade sometime?? We own in Maui and Ko'Olina as well as St Thomas.

Ruth

Ruth M.
May 22, 2007

Hello garretc2.

I had a similar reaction upon receiving the bill for annual maintenance, but that concern was overshadowed by my irritation in getting a bill before Marriott had sent final paperwork. We've been assured by 3 different people at Vacation Club headquarters that our documents were on their way, yet nothing has arrived except a request for more money. Thanks for letting me vent!

Sally S.
May 25, 2007

Sales Rep called and explained/assured me that the itemization of the maint. fee is required. Due to the fact that they are not completely sold yet, the resort mainteance is being subsidized by the developer for current owners to keep it at/around $1,000 per unit. Once all phases are sold, the subsidy will not be required because all of the Owners will share the maint, which will remain in-line at/around $1k.

Garret C.
Aug 15, 2007

We want to go to St Kitt next March but haven't had any luck with exchange week. Would anyone like to exchange a week to St. Kitts for a week at Barony Beach in Hilton Head SC? We own a week in Feb and will trade 2009 if possible. PSmith

Pam S.
Aug 15, 2007

pams142 wrote:
We want to go to St Kitt next March but haven't had any luck with exchange week. Would anyone like to exchange a week to St. Kitts for a week at Barony Beach in Hilton Head SC? We own a week in Feb and will trade 2009 if possible. PSmith
It is very hard to exchange since there will only be 88 units total when construction is over in a yr. or 2. This makes St Kitts very desirable and practically impossible to exchange. That is why we bought in St Kitts so we could go there. We also own in Aruba. We put our St. Kitts up for rent in March 2008. If you are unable to exchange and want to rent our week let us know. Ellenbob

Ellenbob F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.