Maui Beach Vacation Club

maui beach vacation club

Mar 12, 2007

Has anyone stayed at this resort? Do they have fans in the room? thanks

Alison M.
Mar 21, 2007

Hello,

I just bought my timeshare at this resort. And I am using it for the first time in May. So...I can't answer your question. But, you could call them directly and ask. I have spoken to the front desk and they are very nice.

Hope this helps, Kelly

Kelly H.
Mar 26, 2007

I am going the first week in June, so I would really like to hear how your experience was in May. I am worried about no A/C....should I be?

Dianne J.
Mar 26, 2007

diannej10 wrote:
I am going the first week in June, so I would really like to hear how your experience was in May. I am worried about no A/C....should I be?

I will be most happy to post when I get back. :) I am a bit concerned about the lack of A/C as well. We are bringing at least one (maybe 2) desk fans to help us just in case.

Kelly H.
Apr 29, 2007

kellyh87 wrote:
diannej10 wrote:

I will be most happy to post when I get back. :) I am a bit concerned about the lack of A/C as well. We are bringing at least one (maybe 2) desk fans to help us just in case.

Dianne J.
Apr 29, 2007

Hi Kely,

I am not sure when you are going in May, but I want to wish you a great trip and I am anxious to hear all about it. Please let me know what you enjoyed the most.....I have been told to ride a bike down the volcano....sounds scarry but fun.

Enjoy.

Dianne

Dianne J.
May 14, 2007

alisonm31 wrote:
In the unit I stayed in, there was one fan in the bedroom and one in the living room.

Kelly H.
May 14, 2007

diannej10 wrote:
Hi Kely,

I am not sure when you are going in May, but I want to wish you a great trip and I am anxious to hear all about it. Please let me know what you enjoyed the most.....I have been told to ride a bike down the volcano....sounds scarry but fun.

Enjoy.

Dianne

Dianne-

Thanks for the warm wishes. We just got back from our trip! I highly recommend the book Maui Revealed by Andrew Doughty. We used it every where we went. It has any info you need in it from activities to dining to shopping. Mostly everything we did came from this book.

We went SCUBA diving at Molokini with Ed Robinson's Diving Adventure. It was nice, we have done this dive several times in the past. We saw a 10 foot manta ray. It was crazy. Plus we saw some eels, lobsters, sharks, etc. The snorkeling is good out here if you don't SCUBA. My husband went snorking right off the beach (nice to have a "free" excursion). He saw several fish and things along a reef and 3 green sea turtles. He had a blast. He wanted to go back, but we ran out of time.

We did a Zipline tour with Skyline Eco-Adventures. This was soooo much fun! There are 5 ziplines and each one gets longer than the one before. The last one is 750 feet and takes about 20 seconds to complete. I am sure I will be doing this one again on future trips.

We did the Sunrise from Haleakala. It was only ok; probably won't do it again. It gets pretty cold up there, per a recommendation, we brought a bunch of our heavy "winter" type clothing just for this one event (& trust me, you need the clothes). It took 1.5 hours from the Maui Beach Vacation Club just to drive there having us arrive at 4:15am. The park ranger closed the upper lot around 5am when the lot filled up. The rest of the people stay just down the road at the visitor's center. To get good seats for the sunrise, we had to sit in the cold from about 4:30am 'til almost 6am when the sun finally peaked it's head out for viewing. Once the sun came up the crowd dissappeared quickly. The visitor's center is where the ride a bike down the volcano. We have not done the bike ride, so we can't give any feedback on it.

One show that was recommended from a few sources was Warren & Annabelles Magic Show (21 and over). My husband & I are not really into magic shows, but this is a GREAT show. It sells out usually 7 - 8 days in advance, so making reservations before you leave for your trip is highly recommended. Here is a link to their website: www.warrenandannabelles.com. We we lucky, we found out about this show as soon as we got on the island and ended up booking it the last night we were in town. Here some comments that the Maui Revealed book states, "...a close-up view of a very engaging (and hilarious) man doing the absolute impossible...If you only see one show on Maui, this is it!"

Another show we have seen in the past is 'Ulalena. This is a really nice show. We saw it 7 years ago on our honeymoon and can remember most of it vividly. We had thought of seeing it again on this trip, but we decided to see something new and tried the Warren & Annabelles show instead. As you see by me above review, we were not at all disappointed.

Well, I guess that is it for now. Probably more than you wanted to know. But I make a point in being thorough.

Take care, Kelly

Kelly H.
May 14, 2007

diannej10 wrote:
kellyh87 wrote:
diannej10 wrote:

Dianne,

There was one fan in the bedroom and one in the living room. We had them runnning the entire trip. I am a naturally hot person, so I don't like it too humid as I overheat very easily. I did bring one fan just in case (I bring one on every trip I take). But for the average person, I don't think that would be necessary. Plus, most days the [very intense] trade winds came in and cooled everything off.

Kelly

Kelly H.
Jun 20, 2007

This place is filthy - very dirty floors. Be sure to wear your shoes around the place.

No air conditioning was miserable. It was very HOT even with fans.

We went in June and I will not stay there again.

Karen C.
Jun 24, 2007

diannej10 wrote:

Dianne,

How was your trip?

Kelly

Kelly H.
Jun 25, 2007

kellyh87 wrote:
diannej10 wrote:

Dianne,

How was your trip?

Kelly

Dianne J.
Jun 25, 2007

Hi Kelly,

I have been sick since coming back from Hawaii......think it was from the germ tube (my nickname for the plane). My trip was great and I really did enjoy my stay at the Maui Beach Vacation Club. Was surprised to see that last posting that it was dirty. I found it very clean. They were burning the sugar cane when we were there and that did bring a lot of ashes down upon us......everywhere....on the cars and walkways....not very pleasant, but the resort cleaned everything up. There is always sand from the beach, so I think the person that posted might have found the broom and dustpan in the room very helpful. LOL

We had a great time.....did the road to Hana and the volcano....I was there for my son's wedding which was at the Westin....beautiful......so when I do go back I would like to do more...but then I was there for the wedding.

Great to hear from you.

Dianne

P.S. It was very humid when we were there, but I was never miserable....the fans worked well and the pool was a great help.

Dianne J.
Jan 05, 2008

alisonm31 wrote:
I stayed their about 4 years ago and there were fans in the bedroom. I do not remember whether or not the living room had one. It was not uncomforatable at any time when I was there and it did have washer and dryers in the individual unit.

Cynthia F.
May 12, 2008

March of 09 will be our 7th stay at Maui Beach and we have never needed a/c we have been there jan, feb, march, apr,oct, nov. We had a one bedroom then upgraded to a two. We love the view of the ocean and the smallness of the resort. No huge highrise. if you do have a side unit which I have requested to be on the first floor, you walk right out to the pool and the large grills are right there to cook your dinner. It is more couples but sometimes there were the families with kids but not to often. You do need a car on this island. Kihei is just down the road for shopping and food our favorite hang out is Lifes a Beach, a little place with the best Mia Tia around everyone we took there goes back on there own. Can't wait to go back in March. Have a great time.................... Learn to Relax and this is the place to do it................. Sharon

Sharon L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.