Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Resale companies that charge NO UPFRONT FEES

May 16, 2007

norin wrote:
This is in response to Mike1536 who asked about alltimeshare.com. That website seems reputable in the sense that they pnly charge a commission when your timeshare sells.

Back before I got scammed by those resale bastards (excuse my french :P) I had actually emailed the people there to ask wht my timeshare would be worth on the resale market. The guy, John, told me it would probably be worth around $4000. Since I bought my timeshare from the developer, (stupid, I know, but that was before I got pushed into the world of timeshare selling) I wanted a better price.

So then I went with a resale broker and got scammed :( Unfortunately I only found out about redweek AFTER I paid those people. :'(

btw, I was wondering, did any of you guys who got calls from ibd marketing happen to fill out a form on www. timeshare-pro.com? I'm CONVINCED that is how those companies got my information!!

Those resale bas____ are not Brokers. They are Resale Scam Companies and should be referred to as such:)

Jay K.
May 25, 2007

paulc226 wrote:
To all you folks out there who are wrong in your interpretation of IBD-Marketing. IBD-Marketing is not a scam resale company and is a regulated company by the State of Florida. You filled out a request to sell your timeshare and IBD-Marketing can help you fulfill the need to market your timeshare and receive bids from the us in regards to the future sale of your property. If you paid anyone a commission to sale your timeshare property then you better check the the numbers in front of the percentage sign which will read in the high 30's to 40's. Don't believe it if you think you are going to get out of paying their insurmountable fees and taxes as well. Call a realtor or a mortgage broker and find out how they market a timeshare then call me. Let me ask you this, is alltimeshare paying for your contract fee, attorney's fee, registration fees, licensing and bonding fees, presentation fees, overhead and cost of doing business fees to bring pre-qualified buyers to the marketplace??? How are they marketing your property? IF you are paying a commission you have a right to know. IBD doesn't charge an upfront fee. There are marketing fees associated with the cost of marketing and contracting YOUR property. Since when should I pay for your attorney's fees, binding contract, costs to the State, costs to bring a finance company to the marketplace, registration fees, quick deed change, court costs, and presentation fees which can add up to anywhere from $1400 to $2000 dollars and IBD doesn't charge the seller the full amount of those fees. Get your story straight before you go accussing someone such as my company. Every timeshare has a potential for sell; however, the owner of the property has the right of refusal on the bids he or she receives regarding the sale of the property. There are no commissions, closing costs, or hidden fees with my company. You have a lot to learn regarding marketing, overhead and what it takes to manage and run a business and bring credible purchasers to the marketplace. Email me and I will prove to you what it takes to bring buyers to the marketplace in search for a reasonable priced timeshare.

Any company that collects $100's of dollars to list a timeshare on a website that most people will never find is a scam. I cannot even find your website. You are charging upfront fees, so you are a scammer, Paul. Maybe you think what you are doing is ethical, but it isn't.

I cannot believe that these companies are allowed to even post here. TUG and Timeshare Forums keep these guys off of their websites, plus upfront fee companies such as this one are hammered on TUG. Try to post this stuff about your company over there. I will just stand by and enjoy the show!

Sun or Snow T.
May 26, 2007

Ditto what Cynthia said.

I don't care if you (IBD) or any other upfront fee resale company calls their upfront fee (semantics). All upfront fee resale companies are a scam, PERIOD. Charging people upfront in the hundreds of dollars for doing nothing is an outright SCAM. It amazes me how many people will fall for this scam, but those companies prey on the people that are desperate to sell their timeshare (what goes around comes around ... you will all get yours one day).

The only resale companies that are legitimate are those that tell a prospective seller what percentage they charge AFTER THEY SELL YOUR TIMESHARE.

Coming here to try to convince us otherwise is falling on deaf ears. The people I feel sorry for are those that haven't visited internet timeshare forums and haven't gotten the message what a scam upfront fee companies are as thousands of people have fallen victim to their lying sales spiel.

Evidently the word is getting around and upfront fee resale companies are getting the message due to forums like this at Redweek. Then the scammers try to come here to justify their upfront fees.

cynthia281 wrote:
Any company that collects $100's of dollars to list a timeshare on a website that most people will never find is a scam. I cannot even find your website. You are charging upfront fees, so you are a scammer, Paul. Maybe you think what you are doing is ethical, but it isn't.

I cannot believe that these companies are allowed to even post here. TUG and Timeshare Forums keep these guys off of their websites, plus upfront fee companies such as this one are hammered on TUG. Try to post this stuff about your company over there. I will just stand by and enjoy the show!

R P.
May 27, 2007

timesharejudi said:

Re/Max Properties S.W. in Orlando and I charge a commission after a timeshare is sold.

judi, if you see this please list the internet address of your company. Thanks!

R P.
May 27, 2007

jayjay wrote:
timesharejudi said:

Re/Max Properties S.W. in Orlando and I charge a commission after a timeshare is sold.

judi, if you see this please list the internet address of your company. Thanks!

www.timeshareresalepros.com

Jay K.
May 28, 2007

There are many legitimate resale companies on Hawaii. These companies allow you to list your property and tell you what they know they can sell it for. Once you make the decision to sell, that is all you have to do. They do all the rest. One company sits in the beautiful setting of Kauai at the Coconut Grove Marketplace in Kapa'a, but I don't remember their name. They could sell our week for what we are asking, but they would take about 25%, so our price with them would be high, so we listed it here and have had many inquiries. I think listing a Hawaii week with one of these companies that collect after the sale is preferable to Postcard companies, who want you to give them your timeshare and $3,495 to do so.

Many resorts will take deedbacks, if you want to get rid of a week. Ask your own resort first, before going to any expense, if you just want to be done with your timeshare.

Sun or Snow T.
Nov 14, 2008

VacationTrader.org does not charge an upfront service fee. The service fee charged to owners is currently $901 after the sale if you are willing to rent it out (you keep 100% of rental proceeds and pay nothing upon rental) while trying to sell. If you don't have anything to rent or are unwilling to add your property to the rental pool the service fee is $1,200. Unlike most companies, the service fees are plainly posted on the website at http://www.vacationtrader.org on the PROGRAMS page.

As far as the other websites being discussed on this thread I am not sure what they charge.

Vacation T.

Last edited by vacationt on Nov 14, 2008 08:47 AM

Nov 14, 2008

There is a company [ Paradise Timeshare Resale} up in Lake Tahoe that will list your timeshare and no upfront cost. They list local Lake Tahoe area and small amount of Hawaii. They charge around $2000 for it after sale which is high but they do all the work and know the Tahoe area very well.

There will be some complain this high and they would be right but then waste money and time and get nothing done or spend more money using these scam companies. There are owners that do understand selling but most are clueless including me and this can be more costly in the long run and probably get nothing done! Even though I used them and wasted a year of my time it didn't cost me money like a upfront scam company would have! People need to understand that when you look at prices as buyer or seller you need to knock off about $2000 and what is left goes to the seller. Better deals are made with the timeshare owner. We were told by the Paradise resales owner our value was $5000 then next call came from a sales lady saying she would be our agent and not the owner. She wanted to lower our unit to $4500 before listing ever started and this was their game plan rest of the year. They had our unit listed for $4500 and had us drop it to $3000 within seven months. Sales lady called us twice during first three months saying she had a friend that would buy it for $2000 which of coarse was their fee. I would never use a company like this unless the sales price was enough over their fee to make some money back. I asked what happened if I sold it for less than the $2000 and was told I would have to make up the difference to them. What I thought would just be a wasted year became a pain with the calls all the time to lower my price. I finally became so tired of them I had the price moved back to the $5000 point and left it there until contract ran out. We happen to be in Lake Tahoe staying at Harrah's for the weekend that the contract was ending and my wife and I walked over their office. The lady at the front desk treated us like you would expect a scam company to do. We couldn't talk to our agent as she was busy and when we let them know we would not renew for another year the treatment went father down hill. We felt from the first day like we were dealing with a upfront company and not this company that our resort even told us were very good. Anyone paying a company under these terms would be better off giving it away on a bargan basement forum and paying cost would still save money.

PHILL12

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Feb 11, 2013 08:08 AM

Dec 03, 2009

Hello, Is there any updated(2009) info on this topic???? Has anyone heard anything about Century21flamingo? THANKS FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS,

Gwen J.
Feb 05, 2012

Hi Has anybody heard about Pro Timeshare Resales. They ask for a up front cost for advertising. Is this also a scam company?

Fred M.
Feb 05, 2012

fredm173 wrote:
Hi Has anybody heard about Pro Timeshare Resales. They ask for a up front cost for advertising. Is this also a scam company?

If they ask for a large upfront fee then they're a scam .... all they want is that fee then your history to them.

R P.
Feb 05, 2012

Well, at least they're honest in saying that the cost is for advertising. Most scam outfits tell you that they will sell or rent out your property only to find out that, after you've paid them, they only advertise your property.

If you want to advertise your property, use RedWeek, Timeshare Users Group (only $15 for a yearly membership), Bidshares (free, but not too many bona fide inquiries), Craigslist (again free, but loaded with spammers), or My Resort Network.

Lance C.
May 01, 2012

jayjay wrote:
fredm173 wrote:

If they ask for a large upfront fee then they're a scam .... all they want is that fee then your history to them.

http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/business-reviews/timeshare-resale-and-rental-marketing/pro-timeshare-resales-in-deland-fl-90139770/complaints

BBB of Central Florida's complaint history for the past 3 years is 0 complaints. I know not everyone actually "complains" to the BBB if they have an issue, but when I had an issue being scammed into a job for my personal info, I DID contact them. I say do the research, and if you can't find any credible information, then of course don't go even considering giving up money upfront. Then again, if you exhaust other options and see how expensive some can be, and considering the amount of scams OUT THERE, just keep in mind that there are still good, reliable companies out there. This company also has a license number on their website, go verify it, if you truly want to know if the company is licensed and bonded, all that. If they are, then they would not be in business at all if they were scamming people, lol.

Cassie B.

Last edited by cassieb16 on May 01, 2012 07:21 PM

May 02, 2012

cassieb16 wrote:
jayjay wrote:
fredm173 wrote:

http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/business-reviews/timeshare-resale-and-rental-marketing/pro-timeshare-resales-in-deland-fl-90139770/complaints

BBB of Central Florida's complaint history for the past 3 years is 0 complaints. I know not everyone actually "complains" to the BBB if they have an issue, but when I had an issue being scammed into a job for my personal info, I DID contact them. I say do the research, and if you can't find any credible information, then of course don't go even considering giving up money upfront. Then again, if you exhaust other options and see how expensive some can be, and considering the amount of scams OUT THERE, just keep in mind that there are still good, reliable companies out there. This company also has a license number on their website, go verify it, if you truly want to know if the company is licensed and bonded, all that. If they are, then they would not be in business at all if they were scamming people, lol.

If they ask for a large upfront fee then they're not reliable .... all they want is that fee no matter how much you defend them .... it's quite evident that you're a SHILL for that company. The only good reliable timeshare resale companies are those that ask for no upfront fee and they take their fee at closing as they do in real estate closings.

R P.
May 02, 2012

Via researching the above company it seems they are also in the business of supposedly taking back timeshares (that you pay them a large upfront fee to do) which they never do take ownership and the owner is still responsible for all future maintenance fees and special assessments = screams scam bigtime.

R P.
May 07, 2012

Do not trust any company that charges an upfront fee. If they are confident in their services they will not charge a fee to sell the unit. It is much easier for someone to get paid by saying there are a ton of buyers out there for the timeshare unit. The reality is that it is not the case.

Travis D.
Jan 02, 2013

So are www.timesharesales.net www.atimeshare.com still considered to be the go to companies for selling timeshares?

Dionne W.
Jan 02, 2013

Thanks for the info. I'm looking to sell my timeshare. Could use all the help I can get.

Lesa T.
Jan 03, 2013

http://www.judikoz.com/

She comes highly recommended, but all 'no upfront fee' timeshare resellers charge a commission fee if a timeshare is sold.

R P.
Jan 03, 2013

Just updating this company Paradise Timeshare Resale in Lake Tahoe NV. They sold the timeshare resale part of the company couple years ago to a Tug member but I have no idea if this made the company any better. We used this company with no results four years ago and it only cost us time wasted of one year and many phone calls asking me to lower my price again and again. Main problem I had was the fee was $2000 if sold which was high and the owner of the company set the price at $5000 after explaining the pricing to me and I agreed before signing up for the year then from first week a sales lady wanted me to drop it to $4500 and under cut other owners. I pulled the unit after the one year and lowering to $3000. I raised the price back to the $5000 last five months of the contract and told the sales lady no more lowering my price. We sold the unit four months after our contract ended with this company. We sold it for $2500 while up for July 4th week to another owner. The difference I see is upfront scam companies take your money and not sell it and these companies only take the money after sale so you can just waste time. If you as a buyer look at the ads you would see something like a two bedroom at ===resort for $2700. If you understand how these companies work you would see owner getting $700 and resale company getting $2000. Buying from a owner way better deal and this goes for seller too!

Selling it with the help of our resort {Doing paper work} put the $2500 in our pockets and not the resales company. If you do the math the resale owner told us it was worth $5000 and lady agent first week tells us to list it for $4500 and under cut other owners. I'm sure this was said to every owner and not just us. Under cut the price forced others to also lower their price as these companies just want to unload the unit and get their fee. When you subtract the $2000 fee we get $2500. At end of seventh month of contract we had lower listing to $3000 which would have been $1000 in my pocket and $2000 in theirs. The sales lady we dealt with called us twice in first three months claiming to have a friend that would pay $2000 for our unit which would have left us with $000 and them with $2000.

Your better off selling it yourself. As I have stated many times the best place and time to sell is when on your vacation at your resort and just talking to others about selling your unit. If they like your resort they will gladly talk to a owner over the sales dept. We sold the one unit couple years ago at the resort bar after having dinner at the resort restaurant and now only have our even year unit.

Since our DD moved to Dallas few years ago and now having a girl in Feb we would rather visit with them instead of sitting in a timeshare for a week. We decide to list our last week (Even Year) unit with the resort for 2014 and already have July 4th week reserved. If they sell it fine if not we will be there for our July 4th holiday and try and have DD and family fly up. We could also rent it as we did July 4th week a few years ago for $1400 as this is one of the biggest holidays of the year in Lake Tahoe. I would think most states around timeshares would also have this kind of company. I do think these companies would get many owners to sign up it they charged a fair price like a thousand dollars giving the owners more money but with this deal I would never tell a owner to use any company like this.

PHIL

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Feb 01, 2013 10:47 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.