Club Casa Dorada Beach & Golf Resort (Dreams)

All Inclusive - Mandatory or not for timeshare exchange

Jun 13, 2010

I am seriously considering exchanging to this resort in Cabo. RCI says all inclusive is MANDATORY but some of the ads say it is optional. I don't wish to do all inclusive because we enjoy renting a car and checking out many restaurants in the area (we have some favorites too). So could someone please clarify this AI vs. OPTIONAL AI for me? Thanks for the help.

Bob J.
Oct 01, 2012

assuming for timeshare it's available/optional, what is the quality and cost? does it include alcohol as well as meals?

Peter M.
Oct 15, 2012

the all inclusive is great if you are bring children or fussy friends or relatives. no worries about the quality,cleanliness, quantity. the best part is if your group likes to really to drink, they are in Heaven. if you are on your own, then go out on your own, see if can do a breakfast only.

are see if you can swap for a whole load of fancy spa treatments.

Charles K.
Nov 28, 2012

So, I am still not sure if you have to do all inclusive? What is the cost, if you rent through redweek, it would be the cost of the rental and then the all inclusive added to this. I guess I could ask the owner of the timeshares for rent here on Redweek. Also what golf perks are involved if we rent here?

charles671 wrote:
the all inclusive is great if you are bring children or fussy friends or relatives. no worries about the quality,cleanliness, quantity. the best part is if your group likes to really to drink, they are in Heaven. if you are on your own, then go out on your own, see if can do a breakfast only.

are see if you can swap for a whole load of fancy spa treatments.

Jean M.
Jan 17, 2014

Just returned from a week there in our timeshare. All inclusive is optional @ $100/day per person. Otherwise the restaurants there are overpriced.

Nate A.
Jan 22, 2014

at that price, it may not be a bad deal. #1 alcoholic drinks outside are not cheap,beer is the only bargain. #2 eating at anything but a rated establishment is iffy. # 3 transportation can be iffy, and the cost can be high. #4 if you have youngsters, or have an elderly family member, play it safe.

Charles K.
Jan 22, 2014

Yes, but the restaurants at the hotel are crap; not just saying that; the food is garbage

Nate A.
Jan 22, 2014

if you just want to drink, go for it!

Nate A.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jan 22, 2014 10:37 PM

Jan 29, 2014

That is too bad concerning the low quality of food, our experience with this resort has been very positive. No it is not Ritz Carlton, nor Club Med. Vote with your feet and don't use it again.

Charles K.
Mar 04, 2014

To clarify in regards to AI being mandatory. If you are member (or renting from a member) the all-inclusive is optional. If you get the room through RCI (or rent it from someone who did) the all-inclusive is mandatory. I have been an owner here for about 7 years and we go annually. We have always opted for the all-inclusive. It is usually about $79/day/person. You should call GBS (Global Bureau) to confirm pricing prior to booking. I believe the fee is higher during Christmas and New Years but I am not sure. The quality and quantity of the food are good (not great) but as far as all-inclusives go, it is better than most.

Darren M.
Mar 05, 2014

How much is dinner w/o AI at the restaurants?

Robert W.
Jun 02, 2014

Just got back from the resort and will answer my own question. Timeshares get a 20 percent discount at the restaurants and my fish tacos were 240 peseos so was the chicken club. You can only eat at the restaurants that don't have a buffet going if you don't pay the AI fee. Breakfast and lunch you can only eat at the place by the adult pool since the other places are buffet. At the little store they have cup of noodles and drinks and snacks you can buy but its expensive. 2 dollars for a can of coke.

Robert W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.