Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa

High Pressure Sales At Paradise Village Beach Resort

Nov 24, 2013

SAVE YOUR MONEY! It was the worst resort we ever visited! It is definitely NOT a 4 or 5 star hotel as stated. Overall, I might give it a 1. First of all, the place is old and in need of a major make-over. Food was somewhat ok. Better food off premise. Water was a murky brown not the crystal clear blue we anticipated. Room service was horrible. We received the wrong item and it took 45 min. to receive the correct order. Then I had to fight for them to issue a credit for the wrong item. The people who manage the outside activities are a separate entity. Staff was unfriendly unless you helped them earn a commission or purchased a time share. Our room smelled like urine for all of the 7 days. We opened windows, sprayed and alerted staff but no relief. There seems to be a tier system. Everyone involved in this scheme receives a commission. It's all about money. They can care less about making your visit enjoyable. A person calls you at you house right before you leave for vacation. She tells you to avoid anyone at the airport who tries to sell you something. She says they’re sketchy and you don't want to get involved in what they have to offer. The first day you arrive, people will be in the lobby to hunt you down. Once they get you attention, they feed you drinks and give you free and half price tickets for day excursions in hopes you will attend the 90 min. breakfast presentation. The 90 min. breakfast presentation turned into an 8 hour interrogation!! They break you down until you sign. You are at the mercy of very persistent salespeople who know their craft well. If one doesn't get you to sign another one comes over. If you still won’t sign the ‘closer’ stops by the table. Now you have 3 people trying to con you into signing the contract. During this time, they lie, cheat and steal by offering free weeks, trips, memberships, etc. There is so much fraud, deception and misrepresentation going on in the presentation room. It makes me sick to think a human being can be so devious toward another human being just for the sake of taking your money.

Ann V.
Dec 12, 2013

I took their presentation this week. It took only 2 hours and was not what I would call high pressure. I did have 3 different people talk to me but I think I wore them out before they wore me out. It is true the breakfast left something to be desired. The room I stayed in was clean, housekeeping was fine and the room was somewhat dated but the rooms are being renovated. Overall I think it earns its 4.5 star rating. Overall I think the service in general was courteous and friendly.

Michael S.
Jan 14, 2014

I have been an owner for many years and have stayed here many times. I think it is an excellent resort. I am very happy with this ownership, and the maintenance fees are reasonable. That being said, I will never ever buy another timeshare and no longer attend sales presentations or updates. It is just not worth it and the sales people are too good at their craft. You can buy one on eBay for $1 plus transfer fees.

Robert R.
Feb 11, 2014

I too have been an owner for many years (1994). I have taken the presentation each year for updates and have been able to walk away every time. No one can make you buy, Simply stand up, thank them and leave after 90 minutes if you feel intimidated. The previous post is correct. You can buy time on the secondary market for a fraction of the on site selling price. The transfer fees are 10% of the original sales price, It is not the Ritz or Four Seasons, but a great family oriented resort. It has a wonderful wide beach, with fun activities in the main pool and absolute calmness in the quiet one. The higher floored room assignments are given to owners. Weeks purchased thru travel agencies are assigned to the lower floors. That's the privilege of ownership. I've found the staff to be helpful and accommodating. They treat me the same way I treat them, with respect and courtesy. I've seen extremely rude and demanding guests screaming at the staff. I wouldn't help you either if that is your attitude. I do my best not to perpetuate the UGLY AMERICAN tourist reputation that so many countries have of us.

Susan V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.