Timeshare Companies

Has anyone used HELP4TSO

Jan 29, 2016

chevillem wrote:
I am looking to get out of contract with BlueGreen Timeshare....I haven't even had it a year and twice I tried to use the get aways, but was unable to book anything.

If you do some research on the 'net, I believe there is a Blue Green group on Facebook (if you use FB) where you can come in contact with other BG users and owners. Some there might want to take your unit or steer you in the right direction of someone who wants to take it.

You say you "haven't even had it a year", so I am wondering if the mortgage is paid off. If it is not, then you will likely not be able to give it away. No one wants to take on another unit with a mortgage owing on it So I suggest paying that off and then try advertising here on RedWeek that you want to give your unit away. Also try advertising on My Resort Network, Craigslist, E-Bay, or Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com). If you're serious about giving it away, you might want to advertise that you're willing to absorb the closing costs as well as the next maintenance fee.

From your experience that you are describing, it sounds like these "getaways" that are promised are just sales presentations trying to wrench more money out of you. You could try to make good use of your ownership by just using the week that you purchased. They cannot turn you away or cancel your reservation for something you own.

Anyway, I will repeat and emphasize, if you are looking to get rid of your ownership, do not pay any party a large, upfront fee to do so.

Lance C.
Jan 29, 2016

Thanks. I don't want to pay up front for an attorney but I don't know what to do. I wish someone who has gone through this problem could offer me some advice. What do I need to write, who do I need to contact and is it really possible to get rid of this junk. My husband tried doing something nice so that he and I could take more vacations and look toward our retirement one day. He was so happy when we bought it but now that we have been suckered into this fairytale we realize we actually are in a nightmare.

Cheville M.
Jan 30, 2016

chevillem wrote:
...I don't know what to do.

Go back and read the second paragraph of my previous response.

If you want to write to the resort, make sure you contact the Homeowners' Association and not just a front desk switchboard operator.

Lance C.
Mar 11, 2016

We have a timeshare that is completely paid for, and maintenance fees current. We do not want this timeshare. Biggest ripoff ever. Tried approaching timeshare to request deedback - they refused.

Can anyone tell me what happens, legally, if we just walk away from it? What actions can/will a timeshare company take to come after you?

lancec13 wrote:
"I would like to know how you approached the resorts directly to get them to buy back your timeshare. Could you provide more details so I can try it as well."

Let's clarify one thing. The resort will not buy it back from you. It might take your unit back. It will probably charge you closing costs and perhaps even the next maintenance fee. Make sure that you are up to date on your maintenance fees and mortgage. But you best bet would be to try to contact the resort's Homeowners' Association (HOA) and ask to speak to someone in charge.

Explain your situation and perhaps even tell them, in no uncertain terms, that you are not paying another dime in maintenance fees (other than the next year's fee in exchange for the HOA to take the unit back) and that it would be in the best interests of all involved if the resort would amicably take it back.

Susan J.
Mar 11, 2016

I read a letter from an owner in Timesharing Today that had the exact same circumstance. He said that he was 80 years old and his wife was deceased and he had no more use for his timeshare. He contacted the home resort and they refused the deed back. He said the hell with it and stopped paying his maintenance fees and they threatened legal action. He again told them to go to hell. They contacted him again and agreed to take it back through a deed back. He stood his ground and they finally realized that it was in their best interest to work with him. I don't advocate that solution but it worked for him. Food for thought.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Mar 11, 2016 12:38 PM

Apr 26, 2016

I know this company. The problem is the companies who use this company and add to the terms and pricing they set. I would think most negative complaints come from these individuals as opposed to this particular service. If it involves an attorney you will never find one who won't require a retainer upfront just fyi. That's who you should be doing business with, especially now that many timeshare developers are refusing to acknowledge ANY complaints unless it is from a licensed attorney. They have been overwhelmed by the number of fly by night companies and services to act on behalf with no actual legal expertise! There is one thing to have worked at a timeshare company in sales and to actually know the industry all hips and hurdles, internal policies etc. 95% of "experts" will be the first.

Angela R.
Apr 29, 2016

In my experience, they are a scam. I probably had a situation more complicated than most of the examples I've read here, but they took my money up front (bad decision on my part), and gave me really bad advice. My credit is now in ruins, and nothing was really resolved with Bluegreen.

Marcia P.
May 06, 2016

My company uses H4TSO to get people out of their timeshare when they owe a balance on the property. Great company, 100% success rate

Nathan K.
May 06, 2016

nathank38 wrote:
My company uses H4TSO to get people out of their timeshare when they owe a balance on the property. Great company, 100% success rate

This seems confusing. First, why would a distressed timeshare owner with an upside-down mortgage contact your company to use H4TSO? Can't the owner just contact H4TSO himself?

Secondly, what's the cost for your company's services and H4TSO's services? And who absorbs the debt owed on the mortgage? Most of these mortgages are third-party lenders. So let's say I still owe the finance company $10,000 for a property that is worth about $1 resale. And then I pay your company $1000 (or whatever you charge) to sub-contract with H4TSO to get me out of my timeshare. Sure, I would be happy to pay only $1000 to your company instead of $10,000 to the lender. But what now happens to the money I owe the lender? I don't think the lender would be happy?

Lance C.
May 09, 2016

SCAM! They took my brother Vince for a ride let me tell you. He had to eat over $2,500 dollars dealing with them, and he has been trying to get them on the phone ever since he paid them. They messed with the wrong family, let me tell you.

Anne S.

Last edited by phyl21 on May 10, 2016 10:23 PM

May 09, 2016

Your company is facilitating a fraudulent company. They took my brother for a ride, they don't cancel your timeshare. They make you do it, and half the time it doesn't even work. The resort ends up taking the Timeshare back anyways, they don't do anything for their clients. Can't even get them on the phone after 5 pm. They are there, just dont answer the phones.

Anne S.

Last edited by phyl21 on May 10, 2016 05:20 PM

May 10, 2016

I just (15 minutes ago) gave HELP4TSO $3,200 to get me out of a contract. Are you saying if I call my credit card company I can't cancel the contract. Are they a scam? Please reply ASAP.

Susan B.
May 10, 2016

NEVER pay anyone money upfront to get out of your contract. What do you know about them ? Anyone can create a website and use a mail drop box for an address. Do your homework before you fork over your hard earned money .

Don P.
May 13, 2016

They say they guarantee 100% or money back. This is not to sell my timeshare, but to get rid of the mortgage and that it is a write off on my taxes. They say the mortgage will be forgiven in 4-8 weeks. I have had my timeshare for less than one year. I own 3 other timeshares at the same ressort that I want to keep, just want to end this one. Thanks for your help.

Susan B.
May 16, 2016

I just signed up with them and paid them an upfront fee and sold my points to them for a low price and gave them to somebody they told me to give them to. I feel like I was scammed by the WorldMark and now I'm being scammed by this company. Are there any lawsuits out there against them. Sixty minutes should do an expose' on this.

Robert G.
May 16, 2016

Susan... what do you know about these people other than what they tell you about themselves to get your money. Anyone can create a website and use a mail drop box for an address. How do you get your money back once you realized you've been scammed ? These people change names and move on after enough people file complaints with the authorities .

You cannot write it off your taxes. Donate for a Cause is being charged by the federal govt. for running a fraudulent income tax scheme. Anyone who tries to write off this on the taxes is just as guilty as the scammers themselves. These scams have been going on for years and people still fall for it. You have a better chance of winning the Nigerian lottery .

Don P.
May 19, 2016

Sari P.

Last edited by sarip2 on Mar 03, 2018 11:59 AM

May 19, 2016

Sari P.

Last edited by sarip2 on Mar 03, 2018 11:58 AM

Aug 08, 2016

arlene174 wrote:
Has anyone been contacted by "Helping Timeshare Owners" in cancelling your contract with your resort? They work with a 3rd party called "HELP4TSO". Does anyone have any information of these companies. I've been scammed once twice shy. Arlene174

Hey, I actually just contacted them to get rid of my timeshare and I am very nervous about being scammed again. Did you happen to end up using them? If you did, how did it turn out? Is it trustworthy?

Amanda W.
Aug 09, 2016

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract. They will take your money and then give you the run around until you give up. No one can guarantee to get you out of your contract. If you really want to get rid of it call you home resort and negotiate an exit with them. I got rid of two timeshares in 2011 by negotiating a deed back without paying anyone a penny.

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.