Ask RedWeek

Offer from Trivago to purchase my timeshare

Mar 16, 2016

I have been contacted by Trivago with an offer to purchase my timeshare at an amount that is more than my purchase price ten years ago.

Are they legitimate? Anyone with experience with them in this circumstance?

Tom C.
Mar 16, 2016

It's a SCAM !!! They make a ridiculous offer for your timeshare to lure you in. Once you take the bait they claim that there is a " fee " that has to be paid upfront before they can complete the sale . If you fall for the scam then down the road they will claim that there is another " fee " to be paid. They will continue to ask for " fees " until you stop sending them money. If you are dumb enough to send them money you will be put on the " sucker list " and someone will contact you later claiming they can recover the money you lost for yet another " fee " . If it sounds " too good to be true " then it is exactly that too good to be true.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Mar 16, 2016 05:15 PM

Dec 02, 2019

Scammed twice by Fraudulent Mexican Lawyers:

I had wired a large amount of money over the last few months to different Mexican banks to complete the sale of a Resort Vacation weeks I owed, based on a purchase offer I had received from Trivago, through A&T Real Estate Holdings in Chicago (Frank Saavedra), and represented by a lawyer in Mexico city (Lic. Jose Antonio Cuevas Ibarra, Cedula: 2576027 of Juridico Rodriguez Y Associados). This was a big mistake of my part that turned out to be a well orchestrated fraudulent scam. Lic. Miguel Alvarez (lic.alvarez@ocri.com.mx Ced: 4594890, Oficina Central de Recuperación Inmediata) had contacted me later to offer his help in recuperating my money. He required receipts of all the money I had lost, I sent him the copies of the USD wire transfers I did. He later advised me that he has been able to recuperate all the lost funds I had transferred based on a Mexican court judgment in my favor, and the amount I had lost would be transferred back to me (wire transfer to my Canadian bank account) once I pay some conversion fees. I sent him the required fees which he kept. I never got back any of my lost funds.

Edmond A.
Dec 02, 2019

You are now on the " sucker list " . Someone will continue to claim they can get your money back for yet another " fee " . It's the same SCAMMER with a different twist . Stop sending them more money . The money you gave them already is lost and gone forever .

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.