Announcements

New: payment method & cancellation policy choices

Feb 13, 2019

Owners posting timeshare rentals to RedWeek can now specify how they would like to accept payment (RedWeek Payments or other DIY method), and choose a cancellation policy. If you are using RedWeek Payments to process the transaction, you have three choices for refunds on cancellations, which will be automatically added to your rental agreement:

- Flexible: full refund for the renter up to 60 days before check-in - Moderate: 50% refund up to 60 days before check-in - Strict: no refunds on cancellations

If you are not using RedWeek Payments, you also have a "Custom" option. You can choose to add details, if you'd like.

Hope you like these new features!

Kylie
RedWeek.com
Aug 05, 2022

How much protection does a renter have when payment is a diy type-zelle for instance.

Vangy31
Aug 07, 2022

You will find the pros and cons of each payment method on this page: Payment Comparison

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Aug 07, 2022 01:08 AM

Oct 07, 2022

Is RedWeek payments available with DIY or Verified and protected level of listing? Does it cost extra?

Donna C.
Oct 07, 2022

Postings that are Verified and Protected are bookable with RedWeek Online Booking. It runs $14.99 per rental posting to add the verification.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Oct 11, 2022

What would my total charges be if I book thru you using your new options? Do you charge the tenants anything?

kyliec wrote:
Owners posting timeshare rentals to RedWeek can now specify how they would like to accept payment (RedWeek Payments or other DIY method), and choose a cancellation policy. If you are using RedWeek Payments to process the transaction, you have three choices for refunds on cancellations, which will be automatically added to your rental agreement:

- Flexible: full refund for the renter up to 60 days before check-in - Moderate: 50% refund up to 60 days before check-in - Strict: no refunds on cancellations

If you are not using RedWeek Payments, you also have a "Custom" option. You can choose to add details, if you'd like.

Revatidwell
Oct 11, 2022

There are two options to use RedWeek Online Booking:

You can add verification, with the ability to use RedWeek Online Booking, to a DIY posting, which runs $14.99 per posting. There are no additional fees to the owner and the renter pays a processing fee based on the rental price.

The full-service posting option is $59.99 and RedWeek handles the entire rental process, including creating the posting and responding to all inquiries. This option has a $99 owner fee based on a successful rental. The renter pays the same processing fee which is based on the rental price.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Oct 28, 2022

What is the renter's protection if a catastrophic, sudden injury prevents renter from vacationing and the renter has contacted the owner by email, text and phone with no response?? I am requesting a simple name change to a family member but In order for a family member to use the week, the owner is the only person that can authorize that request. It is one week away, but the owner was aware of the injury 3 weeks ago! The last time I had contact with the owner was last Sunday and she said she would let Marriott know of a name change, yet she cannot be reached. Also, will I receive my $400+ back from Redweek for service charges, taxes,etc???

Donna D.
Oct 28, 2022

If you purchased the travel insurance we offer at the time you booked the rental, then you could certainly submit a claim to be reimbursed.

It doesn't appear you have used the link on our website to contact the owner directly and request the name change. Just go to My Trips at the top of any page, and click on the link next to your trip that says Contact Owner: https://www.redweek.com/account/trips?view=all

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Oct 31, 2022

I specified that I most certainly contacted owner by text, phone and email! REDWEEK hasn’t even reached out since last Friday. I’m done with REDWEEK. Unfortunately, I renewed my membership just 2 months ago specifically to rent through this site,! I even asked about reimbursement of service fees, etc on my Saturday phone call to REDWEEK, and never got a response RE: that issue either. I’m posting on this page because apparently you seem to respond to try to defend your lack of response by telling me I SHOULD HAVE PURCHASED TRAVEL INS!! Just more loss of my money jumping through hoops with Ins policy reimbursement. I handled the situation with no help from REDWEEK.

Donna D.
Nov 08, 2022

kyliec wrote:

I like this but… I had a rental cancelled due to Ian but renter got a refund while I lost the money AND my points! I think renter should’ve had insurance to get a refund AND if Redweek didn’t hold the payment till 2 days after check-in, this would not be an issue! Not fair!

Lee S.
Dec 05, 2022

Perhaps you can tell me why my renter canceled and was refunded the rent when I specified strict cancelation policy?

Holly A.
Dec 15, 2022

Good day.

Please, what does DIY method is? Thanks in advance.

kyliec wrote:

Rene Reyes
Dec 15, 2022

DIY is the do-it-yourself posting method. You can compare the various posting methods on this page: Rent My Timeshare

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.