Ask RedWeek

Full Service Default 60 day cancellation policy

I have recently been successful renting a week , but am a bit uncomfortable with a 60 days cancellation policy. That seems to help the renter more than the owner. If the renter cancels at or just before the 60 days, it does not give the owner (me) time enough to cancel the reservation with Marriott and deposit the week with Interval International. I would like the policy to be 90 days. I have a week I need to list for next year; but wanted to ask if changing the 60 to 90 days is possible on a full service contract.

Thank you

Helpful? 0 0

In addition to the above question, I would like to know if I can cancel the listing at any point prior to it being rented?

Sandy, just don't rent through Redweek's full service or verified and protected and you can make your own "Custom" rental/refund policy. I agree, 60 days is ridiculous, you are likely to get stuck with a rental too late to move.

Just know, in addition to what RedWeek charges you to rent your unit, they charge the renter about 9.9% more than your listing price to handle the rental agreement and credit card fees. When they first offered this service, it was about 5.9%.

sandyh263 wrote:
In addition to the above question, I would like to know if I can cancel the listing at any point prior to it being rented?

You can easily deactivate a listing at any time with one click, but you will not receive a refund if you do so.

I really don't want to do the contract work myself, but appreciate your response.

Thank you, appreciate the answer.

Thanks for the info on charging the renter....I did not realize that!


Reply to this thread

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Related discussions