Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

anyone hear of Timeshare clearing house in Louisville ky

Oct 27, 2017

chriss1157 wrote:
...more importantly I will not pass a burden onto my children.

I have very serious doubts about the veracity and credibility of your entire post, primarily because I do not believe that ANY outfit (including this "Timeshare Clearing House") somehow magically (to use your own unconvincing words ---"got rid of") your timeshares. More bluntly stated. I suspect that you are a just a shill for this particular unknown operation, which is plainly just another one of (far too many) upfront fee parasites. Easy and magical "exits" from legally binding obligations simply do not exist --- at least not in my 35+ years of timeshare ownership, observation and legal experience. There are no magic beans, no fairy dust, no secret elixirs, no sorcerers to make binding legal obligations just magically (and / or lawfully) "disappear" into thin air. It just cannot and does not happen. Period.

Those observations aside, I will also point out (in direct response to the above quote from your dubious "input") that offspring are NEVER obligated to inherit a timeshare. Any such "inheritance" can simply and easily be disclaimed. The one and ONLY exception is when timeshare owners unwisely add their children's names to deeds, thereby unwisely "signing them up" (without their advance knowledge or informed consent) for a binding legal obligation and commitment that they may very well want NO part of in the future.

The "inheritance burden" story is a complete falsehood --- although it is always a popular "pitch line" by virtually all upfront fee "escape / relief / exit / rescue" parasite operations.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 29, 2017 01:25 PM

Oct 28, 2017

The Timeshare Clearing House uses that phrase of the timeshare being a "burden" to your children, etc. They are total scam artists. Do not fall for their pressure sales and lies. If you fall for it, they offer to give you "no interest" financing - in reality, what they do is apply for credit cards in your name with low to no interest deals, and when that one runs out, they will do it again and again. Please don't fall for this scam. Fortunately, we figured out what they were up to before agreeing to it. Just do a Google search on them and read all the reviews.

K H.
Oct 28, 2017

The Timeshare Clearing House uses that phrase of the timeshare being a "burden" to your children, etc. They are total scam artists. Do not fall for their pressure sales and lies. If you fall for it, they offer to give you "no interest" financing - in reality, what they do is apply for credit cards in your name with low to no interest deals, and when that one runs out, they will do it again and again. Please don't fall for this scam. Fortunately, we figured out what they were up to before agreeing to it. Just do a Google search on them and read all the reviews.

K H.
Oct 30, 2017

My deeds were transferred out of our names into another persons name in a timely manner. I had heard the horror stories about these companies putting them in a company name and it coming back to the original owner or never transferring the deed. There was no magic wand, tons of paperwork but they completed a legal transfer of my property and I followed up the resort to make sure the transfer was complete. While I do agree with you that they do not automatically pass down to you children when you pass they do hold up settling an estate. My buddy at work had to go through that when his parents passed and it took the attorney 18 months to get the deed to their timeshare out of their name so they could settle the estate. I was speaking of my personal experience with this company and it was a pleasant one to say the least, I was updated through the whole process. I understand being pessimistic about the timeshare world, a few years ago I would have been right there with you. Today for our family we are saving tons that we were paying in maintenance fees and we either rent a home when we go on vacation (if the group is larger than our 4) or we use the Travel Program to rent a timeshare unit for less than we ever paid in maintenance. I hope this clears up any questions you have and I am not telling you to get rid of your timeshares or to use this company, I am just stating our experience with the amazing group of people we dealt with to help us. If our maintenance fees had not got so high over the years we would have never got rid of our timeshare, we as a family love to vacation. This was the right decision for our family but not saying it is for everyone, would I recommend this company yes I would and I have to my in-laws along with any friends that ask.

Chris S.
Oct 30, 2017

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!!

What do you know about the person posting their story in the forum.....absolutely nothing . You don't know if it's a " shill " . That's a person who posts a false story to lure the victim into a scam in this case is to get someone's upfront money .

Do some homework and you will find out that anyone can create a website and use a drop box for their address . I call these companies " My Darling Clementine " companies . Once you send them money it's " lost and gone forever " .

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!

Don P.
Oct 30, 2017

Sir the company we dealt with was almost 11 years old when I did this transaction. You are correct you know nothing about me or anyone else that has posted here on this site. They didn't cancel my contract with anyone they did a legal transfer of my timeshares, my timeshares had been paid off for years. What other option is there to get out of your timeshare without ruining your credit, the resorts would not take them back I tried. My family chose this route and it worked out perfectly so we are happy with our decision. I researched the company we dealt with during the time they gave us to cancel the contract and I was satisfied with the information I found. As a family we did not go into this blindly, we are educated people and we made an educated decision that has worked out for us. Good luck with your timeshare.

Chris S.
Oct 30, 2017

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!

Don P.
Oct 30, 2017

If your break even point is 5 years (at $2400 MF for 2 units) then you paid $12,000. You probably could have given them both away by prepaying 1-2 years of MF and paying the transfer fee/closing costs.

Wyndham has a deed back program. For a while they were taking back nearly everything for no fee and in the case of owners who bought from the developer many were offered 3 years of use with no MF. The program is called Ovations. It still exists but Wyndham has become more selective about the weeks they are accepting back. Rather than pay thousands of dollars, that should be your relatives first stop to getting out of their paid off wyndham week or points.

Tracey S.
Oct 30, 2017

chriss1157 wrote:
They didn't cancel my contract with anyone they did a legal transfer of my timeshares.

This vague and fuzzy claim is precisely why I personally do not believe you.

Lawful transfer of any and every deeded ownership requires a "grantor" (YOU, supposedly, in this fairy tale) and a valid, specifically identified willing "grantee" (with full name and address of the "grantee" reflected within the deed, before you ever signed it). Your fuzzy summary conveniently skips over that basic, fundamental, required detail, vaguely (and very unconvincingly) simply claiming that "they did a legal transfer". This fuzzy claim simply lacks any substance, credibility or specificity. They "did a legal transfer TO WHOM, exactly? Was it to Mickey Mouse? To a deceased (or fictitious) person? To the neighbor's pet? (You must know, since your notarized signature would have been required as grantor on at least TWO deeds, if your fairy tale is to be believed, with copies provided to you after official recording). Most people retain those deed copies, in case the validity or accuracy of the transaction is later challenged or deed content error needs correction.

After several decades of investigative and legal experience (longer than I've owned timeshares), I've developed a good "sniffer" --- and I'm frankly just not buying your story and / or your unconvincing endorsement of "Timeshare Clearing House". Sorry, but no sale.

By the way, I am not "pessimistic about the timeshare world" --- quite the contrary, in fact. I own and use numerous timeshare weeks and I currently sit as a (volunteer, unpaid) elected Board member at one of those properties. That being said, I also believe that I can easily recognize a tall tale and / or a scam operation when I see, or hear or read about one. Others here may choose to believe your fairy tale; I do not. There are numerous complaints from others about "Timeshare Clearing House" , but NO other ringing endorsements like yours to be found ANYWHERE. Is this just a coincidence? Personally, I think not.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 31, 2017 05:48 PM

Oct 30, 2017

So I didn't realize I need to go through every document we signed and had notarized to post on a forum, I used the term legal transfer because those were the terms said to me by the title people. Also I never said we owned Wyndham so if they have a deed back program that is great ours didn't. My in-laws owned with Wyndham and they completed a transfer for them too. It was deeded into to a persons name and when I called the resorts they said I am no longer an owner. I didn't speak to the person they deeded it to if that is what you are asking. Sir you sound more like the timeshare salespeople (or timeshare bullies as my wife called them) that we tried to avoid talking to for many years rather than an owner. This company did great work for me and my in-laws (whom I am sure knew nothing about a Wyndham deed back program) Even though they attended numerous "owner updates" that was never mentioned that I know of but I will ask them. Also please don't speculate on what we spend because first it wasn't that much and second that is our business, we are very happy with the outcome. Please go put your doom and gloom over someone else's parade. This will be my last post on here I hope you have a wonderful day sir.

Chris S.
Oct 30, 2017

NEVER pay anyone money that claims they can get you out of your contract !!

Don P.
Oct 30, 2017

chriss1157 wrote:
So I didn't realize I need to go through every document we signed and had notarized to post on a forum, I used the term legal transfer because those were the terms said to me by the title people. Also I never said we owned Wyndham so if they have a deed back program that is great ours didn't. My in-laws owned with Wyndham and they completed a transfer for them too. It was deeded into to a persons name and when I called the resorts they said I am no longer an owner. I didn't speak to the person they deeded it to if that is what you are asking. Sir you sound more like the timeshare salespeople (or timeshare bullies as my wife called them) that we tried to avoid talking to for many years rather than an owner. This company did great work for me and my in-laws (whom I am sure knew nothing about a Wyndham deed back program) Even though they attended numerous "owner updates" that was never mentioned that I know of but I will ask them. Also please don't speculate on what we spend because first it wasn't that much and second that is our business, we are very happy with the outcome. Please go put your doom and gloom over someone else's parade. This will be my last post on here I hope you have a wonderful day sir.

You mentioned your MF's and the fact that you will break even in 5 years. It's a little odd that you mentioned all the research you did on this company but never came here to inquire about them and waited until not only you but your in-laws used a service that cost thousands of dollars and then looked up a timeshare forum so you could praise this company. I did less than 10 minutes of research and read the complaints on the BBB and also found that the head of the company is banned from doing business in Arizona because he was operating without a real estate licence

I mentioned Wyndham because you recommend this company to your inlaws who owned Wyndham. Timeshare updates are sales meetings. They won't tell you about ways to get out of a timeshare. The answer to any problem you mention at an update is to buy more. 5-10 minutes of research would have given you numerous posts about Wyndhams free deed back program that has been going on for more than 3 years.

These companies may work for some but they really should be a last resort and you should know that if you weren't burned by this company you were lucky and if they found a legitimate buyer for your timeshare you probably could have done so yourself for far less money and the people on this forum or sites like TUG (timeshare users group) could have helped you do it.

Tracey S.
Oct 31, 2017

chriss1157 wrote:
Please go put your doom and gloom over someone else's parade.

Speaking only for myself, I have weighed in on this particular forum topic because after several decades of first hand observation and experience, I simply DO NOT BELIEVE that "Timeshare Clearing House" is actually a legitimate entity conducting a legitimate business. If people choose to believe a solitary voice claiming otherwise (with NO other tales of success from ANYONE else to be found ANYWHERE), that is certainly their prerogative.

Every day, SOMEONE proves the adage true that --- "A fool and his money are soon parted". People are free to make their own personal choices and decisions --- whether good or bad.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Nov 01, 2017 06:12 AM

Oct 31, 2017

I checked the BBB in Louisville Kentucky where they hold an A+ rating and are accredited. I have not seen a comment on here from anyone who actually researched them or did business with them. The few that did cancelled in their words. I didn’t know about this site then or I would have checked it. Glad I didn’t to be honest because everyone here has opinions and no facts. I have the fact that I dealt with them and they kept their word. I am just not on here trashing a company I have never used. I should trash all the resale companies I used before finding them but I won’t because that is water under the bridge now. The more you type the more assurance I have that you work for a timeshare company. Cheers

Chris S.
Oct 31, 2017

You're the one we suspect of working for the SCAM company . You are very persistent for just being a satisfied customer . Everyone should question why you keep posting after the first sales pitch. Shills like you have come and go in the forums and we will continue to advise people to avoid all upfront fee SCAMS . By the way anyone can purchase an A rating with the BBB . They get their money from companies that pay them for their ratings. Another SCAM .

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you our of your contract .

Don P.
Nov 02, 2017

chriss1157 wrote:
I checked the BBB in Louisville Kentucky where they hold an A+ rating and are accredited. I have not seen a comment on here from anyone who actually researched them or did business with them. The few that did cancelled in their words. I didn’t know about this site then or I would have checked it. Glad I didn’t to be honest because everyone here has opinions and no facts. I have the fact that I dealt with them and they kept their word. I am just not on here trashing a company I have never used. I should trash all the resale companies I used before finding them but I won’t because that is water under the bridge now. The more you type the more assurance I have that you work for a timeshare company. Cheers

Even if all this information that you are providing is true, there is one important detail that you fail to mention. How much did this company charge you? I'm sure they did not do it for free (again, assuming that what you are saying is all true).

Lance C.
Nov 20, 2017

Just got back from a "Meeting" that my husband had set up with these people. When they called all they said is that they worked for a time share and wanted to do an "Owners Update". (Same line we get every time we stay at our timeshare). I am giving you as much detail as we can from this meeting. We arrive at the specified time with another couple. They weren't sure what the company was about either. (We have been to other meetings that claim they will BUY your time share from you...THIS is not who they are, but VERY similar). Yes we got a free meal but we were there with our "Sales Lady" for almost 4 HOURS!!! YES< I said 4 hours!! First off she ask us where we have our properties and how we were using our vacation time. (I thought they would know that information since they called us) She did leave us alone a few times so we could enjoy our meal. The other couple did not get that joy as their "Sales person" NEVER left them alone. :( We were asked if we had heard about the "Buyout or D-NR" that occured in 2011-2013. Because the Time share companies were offering to turn your points/weeks into "RCI Global Points Platiunm". We told them we didn't own Points with RCI that we were under a different Timeshare Resort. They claim that there were lawsuits being filed against the Time share companies for not providing their customers with things promised and that they had high pressured sales people and trying to talk you into buying more points rather than giving you "Updates". So to make ALL these Lawsuits go away they decided to offer owners a "Global Points System" to exchange their points into this system and that we would get more VALUE for our points, we would Pay LESS each month in "Fees" and that we should have gotten a "Package in the mail from RCI" and that it would have to be signed for. (This I think is the biggest part of the SCAM and got us thinking real hard and while they left us alone, was googling them). They claimed if we didn't get this in the mail and we didn't sign for it, then we still had the opportunity to get this "DEAL". So they come back and tell us there is no signature on file for us ever getting this "Package". They said the ONLY way for us to get this "Package Deal now" was that there was No signature on file and we also had to write a note stating we didn't receive it and wanted to know about it now. I am thinking to myself "I bet Everyone in this room didn't have a signature either". My first question was, WHY would RCI be sending us a package when we do not even own points with them? Yes they were bought out by the Time Share company with have. But if there was such a "DEAL" going on, why were Owners not notified by their own time share companies?? (This is what got me saying, how can any of this be legit?) So then she proceeds to list the cost of what we are paying out every month and multiply it by the next 10 years. This is the total you are paying and if you get this "Package deal" approved by "Time share company" then they can offer us "Global Points" that will make everything one price no matter where we want to go and that we would just have to go through RCI instead of our own timeshare company. That in itself sounded fishy as well. Then she tells us with the "Package deal" we could always have the opportunity to the "EXIT PROGRAM" and we would never have to worry about our time share again. (Ok, another Red flag went up) At first it all sounded so good, ANYONE with common sense would sign up if I was getting a LOWER "Matience Fee/Dues(Their term)" Better Points system that I could use RCI for all my vacations without ANY Fees except the monthly Cheaper rate. YES, why would any one turn that down. At that moment they kind of had us at a big fat YES......THEN.....the "Matience Fee" we pay right now, multiply it by ten and that is what we need to PAY.......BUT we will finance it for you at 0% for TEN YEARS!!! Really, who does that???? We were like....why do we have to pay that fee, we literally thought they were offering this deal that was "Suppose to be ours to begin with" and they were doing this for us because they work for RCI/Timeshare Clearing House" and this is to help ALL Owners to save money and get more for their money and to make all the lawsuits go away. My thought was......YOU Expect me to believe that RCI or our Time share really wants to SAVE us money and Give us more Time??? YEAH in my dreams maybe!! But the kicker to the ENTIRE thing is they want to make you pay this "10 Year" Fee through Credit Cards that they will roll over each time so that you can stay at 0% APR. So over the NEXT TEN years, I am suppose to trust them that they will keep finding me 0% APR Credit Cards to keep transferring the balance to until it is paid off. Then after that TEN Year period I would only go back to owing $600-$900 a year for "RCI DUES" and that I would now have 6-12 weeks of vacation time instead of our 3 weeks. But their CONTRACT does not state they will keep doing this for you (getting credit card transfers), does not put it in writing but just keeps saying they will do this but yet the contract states: "I understand I will receive 0% "Introductory APR on my "PURCHASE" for the FIRST billing cycles as outlined in the terms and conditions from account opening after which the APR will be approximately 11.24% up to 29.99% depending on the credit card program for which I am approved." Now when we asked her why it isn't in writing that they will keep transfering the balance and she states well the Financial dept can add that to your paper work. (Another RED FLAG) because if I am signing a Terms and Conditions Contract and the above statement is there, then I am not guranteed anything except I will have a BIG Credit Card Bill!! Then we asked if we signed up today to do this how long before we can "Opt out of our timeshare" since that was part of the "Package Deal". We were told from the beginning that we could opt out any time after the deal was sealed. But then were told we had to wait 6 YEARS before we could OPT OUT and if there was a balance on the Card we would still have to pay the balance off. So this "Exit Program" is not a REAL thing!!! So after 3 hours and them running credit checks, etc. we simply said , let us think about it and GLAD we did. After looking through the comments here think this company is NOT what they say they are. They also stated that if we wanted to sell our Time Share they would list it for free and if it didn't sell we owed nothing, but if we wanted them to liquidate it for us then we would have to pay them a fee to do so. As far as we have been told there HAS TO BE a Deed Transfer to sell a Time Share and that there has to be documentation of this and that Time Share Owners can do this themselves with the help of a lawyer or court office. It is too late to call my time Share, but will be calling in the morning to find out if these people are for real and if they work for RCI or not. Of course just like when you go to your Time share there is always two people and these people worked the same way. They had the guts to claim they "DO NOT GET PAID" or get any profit off of what they are doing. That the "Company" makes the money......GIVE me a BREAK...NO BODY works for Free!!! They making money from someone and thank the Lord it isn't from us!!!

Lisa J.

Last edited by lisaj552 on Nov 20, 2017 06:03 PM

Nov 20, 2017

I just went to the BBB Web site and found some GOOD Reviews for those Selling their Timeshares through "Time Share Clearing House". That is something they just brushed over. But there were MORE Negative Reviews than positive ones. Here are a few samples that sound VERY similar to what we just got back from hearing.

6 Problems with Product/Service

Complaint I’m writing this letter for I am in desperate need of your assistance. In October I received a phone call from an exchange company by the name of Timeshare Clearing House. They provided lunch at ****** ***** and offered a program which would include access to two exchange companies *** and ********... International. This service was suppose guarantee you unlimited vacation opportunities throughout the year (2017). I activated my web account and noted that there were no points for me to use On October 19th To date they have charged my line of credit for $7,400 and I have not received any of the benefits they stated that would be provided. Every time I email or speak to my so called adviser the matter just gets worst. I did not receive effort points to book trips, airfare and now the points that the listed on the site have disappeared and now they have showed upon the *** site; which expire on 11/30/16. I want my line of credit refunded, this company seem to be targeting senior s on a fixed incomes. Please help.. (Show More of Complaint)

Desired Resolution I want Timeshare Clearing House to refund my credit line and close the account

Consumer Business Dialog Business I am responding the above complaint. We have reached out to this client and we are working through the confusion. This client has already sent another response to the BBB explaining that we are working together to satisfy her. Thanks, ******* **... *****PresidentTimeshare Clearinghouse **** ********* **** ***** *** *********** ** ***** ****** ************ **** ************ ***** ** ** *** ****** ******** ******

Consumer ********** ********* ******* ********** ***** * ****** ***** **** *** *** **** ** **** ** ******** *** *** **** * *** ******* **** *** ********** *** ********* ********* Good afternoon ******, Thank you for your email; I have also been in contact with Angie Estes and responded to her December 15th email; see my response below. Via your email I have also noted the web response from Timeshare Clearing Houses President. I have talked to Jay Bowling in response to my complaint on the BBB site; in doing so he stated that he will to work with me; and will try his best to ensure that I am satisfied. Note: January 2017 Timeshare Clearinghouse will be posting credits to my account at that time our partnership will begin in addition I should be able to book trips. How well their program works will determine my satisfaction, I will share my experience at that time. Yours truly, **** ******

(Show More of Consumer Business Dialog)

9/20/2016 Billing/Collection Issues

Complaint Timeshare Clearinghouse opened unauthorized loans in my wife and Mine names. They did so without proper consent. The loan money was withdrawn and now we are being billed for approximately $40000 from three different lenders. We did not receive the cash withdrawn and they have not returned our... attempts to contact them. We are now being billed by the three lenders. We are on fixed incomes. (Show More of Complaint)

Desired Resolution We need resolution of the unauthorized loans and refunds made to the lenders of money

Consumer Business Dialog Business Please allow this email to be my official response to the above complaint. I have spoken with this client multiple times and his daughter, who has POA for both of her parents. After discussing what transpired, all parties agree that no wrong doing occurred. The clients are... happy and satisfied with the transaction with Timeshare Clearinghouse. Thanks, Jeff ******* ** *****PresidentTimeshare Clearinghouse **** ********* **** ***** *** *********** ** ***** ****** ************ **** ************

Consumer [I would like to provide input into the complaint raised by my stepfather, ****** ******. My parents are elderly and did not have a clear understanding of the process that was to occur and Mr. **** ***** from Timeshare Clearinghouse worked with myself and my stepfather, ****** ****** to resolve the issue to our satisfaction. Please consider this a formal response to the complaint.Respectfully yours,********** *****] Better Business Bureau: I have reviewed the response made by the business in reference to complaint ID ********, and find that this resolution would be satisfactory to me. I will wait for the business to perform this action and, if it does, will consider this complaint resolved. Regards, ****** ******

8/31/2016 Advertising/Sales Issues

Complaint Phone call from this company said they were reviewing changes in ********* and *** terms of use. At a dinner meeting held at *** ******* in Creve Coeur, MO, the presented a plan to reduce our out of pocket maintenance fees by transferring points to *** and we could use rentals to earn back money... to cover the maintenance fees. I called *** and *** person I talked to said they did not know of this company, I have since found the following information from *** that this is a scam. They are not connected to *** at all. Found this Resale and Relief Advisory from *** Web site -**************************************************** *** has learned that so-called 'transfer', 'relief' or 'rescue' companies are soliciting timeshare owners to participate in their programs. The initial solicitation often comes in the form of a letter or email directing the owner to call to avoid a planned increase in maintenance fees or participate in a program that may eliminate the owner's maintenance fees altogether. When the owner calls, she or he may be invited to attend a pitch meeting (often at a local hotel or restaurant) to discuss the transfer company's '100% guaranteed' solution. The owner may be asked to pay a large upfront fee (positioned as a fee to cover title and other expenses associated with the sale). In many situations the transfer company will not commit to a date by which the timeshare will be transferred or explain what steps it will take to transfer ownership. Unfortunately, I fell for this scam from Timeshare Clearing house and they required $11,147 and opened a 0% interest credit card and said they would do all this work to continue to find 0% interest rate credit cards when this one neared the expiration of the credit card. I called *** Mastercard and said that I had been scammed and wanted to contest the charges. I've tried to contact the "primary point of contact" with no calls returned. I received a call from another company and thought it was related to this one and got suspicious and investigated further and discovered that *** has no dealings with this company (Show More of Complaint)

Desired Resolution I want the full amount credited to credit card immediately.

Consumer Business Dialog Business I have spoken with this client and assured her we will work through her concerns. I refunded her purchase, in full, to show her that we are a legitimate company. She has agreed that once the refund is deposited into her account, she would like us to contact her and start over.... Thanks, **** ******* ** ***** President Timeshare Clearinghouse 4229 Bardstown Road Suite 318 Louisville, KY 40218 ****** ************ **** ************

Consumer Better Business Bureau: I have reviewed the response made by the business in reference to complaint ID ********, and find that this resolution would be satisfactory to me. I will wait for the business to perform this action and, if it does, will consider this complaint resolved. I am waiting on confirmation from the credit card company that the credit has been received but it may take a couple of weeks. Until then, I would like to keep this complaint in an open status. As soon as that is confirmed, I will be willing to close the complaint. Regards, ***** ****

Read More Customer Complaints: 1 2 The Business addressed the issues within the complaint, but the consumer did not accept the response, OR BBB has not heard back from the consumer as to their satisfaction. (2 complaints) 12/19/2016 Advertising/Sales Issues

Complaint In November of 2015, my husband and I attended dinner at a restaurant in ******, NJ where we met **** ********, ****** *******, and **** ****** of Timeshare Clearinghouse. Their promotion was to help us trade in our ******* timeshare points and purchase an *** timeshare from them instead since it... would be much more economical. At the time, we owed $30,399.31 to ******* and the new *** was $ 31,289.00 which they put on 2 separate credit cards at a 0% introductory rate, one in my name and one in my husbands. There was a separate fee of $1500.00 paid directly to an attorney who was to help us break the contract with *******. We made it very clear that we could not afford to pay for both timeshares, and they all assured us that would not happen. It’s a year later and we are still working directly with the attorney to help break the contract with *******. ****** ******* and **** ****** no longer work for Timeshare Clearinghouse, and **** *****, President and CEO seems only interested in making money for his company. In fact, Mr. ***** told me that they never would have made this kind of offer to us if there was nothing in it for them. He said that Mr. ****** was fired for not returning phone calls, but he doesn’t return them either. In fact, the only time Mr. ***** has ever called me was when I told him that I planned to contact the BBB. He only e-mailed me once with a contract to sell the *** timeshare, and offered to charge us "only a 10% sales fee", since he claims that they usually get 50%. (Show Less of Complaint)

Desired Resolution We want all of the money that we paid to Timeshare Clearinghouse refunded, plus the transfer fees that we had to pay to move the original purchase to another 0% credit card.

Consumer Business Dialog Business I am aware of this clients complaint and we have been working to resolve it and make her happy. We have spoken with the attorney, who was retained to legally pursue ******* resorts and she is finalizing that part of the transaction. As far as the other product purchased, we have... fulfilled our portion. What her complaint leaves out is the reason she no longer wants the timeshare she purchased. She informed me one year after the purchase, in a letter and by phone, that her husband has had more surgery and they will no longer be able to travel. She asked if we would assist her in the sale of the timeshare and I happily agreed. I explained that we do receive payment for completing the sale, deeding, recording and transfer of that sale. Those fees do not come to us, but are paid by us to third parties, including County courthouse and resorts. I discounted our fees to cover those fees. ******* ** *****PresidentTimeshare Clearinghouse **** ********* **** ***** *** *********** ** *********** ************ **** ************ ***** ** ** *** ****** ******** ******

Consumer Better Business Bureau: I have reviewed the response made by the business in reference to complaint ID ********, and have determined that this proposed action would not resolve my complaint. For your reference, details of the offer I reviewed appear below.The attorney and I have spoken many times, and we have a contract with her directly. She said that she is no longer accepting any business from Timeshare Clearinghouse, and she is not directly affiliated with them. This is not the wonderful deal we were promised at the sales pitch. Our expectation from that was that we would be done with *******, and could use the *** one instead, and end up paying a lot less money. Regardless of whether my husband can travel or not, we had many phone calls with **** ****** for months about all of this which Mr. ***** claims he does not have any record of in his system. Mr. ****** tried to pitch me on how we could “make money by renting” the *** timeshare, and when I refused, he told me that he would talk to Mr. ******** and see what they could do to help us somehow, and said that we could sell it “internally “without a contract. I stupidly believed him when he told me he had two offers, but they weren’t high enough, so he would keep working on it. When I asked the amount of the offers, he said he would get back to me, and when he didn’t I called and discovered that he was gone from the company.That was when I asked Mr. ***** about the possibility of selling the *** one to be nice, and to see if he would be willing to help us in any way. I expected that he would respond with “I’m sorry things aren’t working out as we promised, and we’ll give you a refund”. To my surprise, he tried to send me a contract with a 50% sales fee, and “kindly” dropped it down to 10% when I expressed my shock at his offer. He also indicated that they could not guarantee a sale in any case. This whole deal was misrepresented from the start. We have continued to pay for the ******* timeshare this whole year, and now owe approx. $5,000 less to them than a year ago. We are still paying for the *** one, and have recently gotten more bills for the maintenance fees for close to another $2,500. We were supposed to get all kinds of support from Timeshare Clearinghouse to end the ******* contract and we have gotten nothing. We were very clear from the beginning that we could not afford both.We believe now that this whole thing is a scam. Timeshare Clearinghouse encouraged us to open 2 new credit cards, and in order to keep a 0% interest rate, recommended transferring the balance to other 0% credit cards when the initial term on the first ones expired, so we wouldn’t incur any interest while “we are waiting” for ******* to relinquish our contract. In essence, what that did was to get them paid in full by the credit card company immediately, and not allow us to report them as the fraud that we believe they are.We are not satisfied with this response at all, and want a full refund of everything we paid to Timeshare Clearinghouse, as well as any fees we have incurred. Regards, ******* ********

Business Good morning. Please allow this to serve as my response to the follow up regarding the above client. I have spoken to this client and am unable to provide the outcome that she is wanting. At time of sale, they executed contracts with my company and hired an attorney, that we recommended for another transaction. My company has fulfilled every part of the executed contract. I have offered a solution, allowing us to re sell her timeshare, but she has refused that option. At this time, I do not know what else I can do. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. Sincerely, ******* *. *****PresidentTimeshare Clearinghouse 4229 Bardstown Road Suite 318Louisville, KY 40218****** ************ **** ************ ***** ** ** *** ****** ******** ******

Consumer Better Business Bureau: I have reviewed the response made by the business in reference to complaint ID ********, and have determined that this proposed action would not resolve my complaint. For your reference, details of the offer I reviewed appear below. Mr. ***** simply restated that he would offer a 10% fee if we wanted him to resell the timeshare we already purchased from him instead of his usual 50%. We already paid him more than $31,000 and now wants to make more from us. He also will not guarantee that any sale will happen in any case even if we decided to let him do it. He has not fulfilled his company representative's promises that we would be out of the ******* Timeshare. Again, this whole thing was misrepresented from the start and it is a scam. We want our money back. Regards, ******* ********

(

Lisa J.
Nov 21, 2017

This was almost exactly out experience also. They said they wanted to give us an "owner's update" on our Marriott timeshare and for a good hour of the presentation, we thought they were with the Marriott. I asked point blank who they were with, and I never got a straight answer until he pulled out papers that said Timeshare Clearinghouse on them. I started Googling reviews while the guy was talking. A woman came over twice to try the pressure sales. They told us "interest free for 10 years" and when I found out that they continue to apply for internet free credit cards in your name(when one runs out, they look for another one)- we walked out. Total scam and a waste of 2.5 hours. We got a meal but the guy talked the entire time. I hope others don't waste their time with these people. I don't know how they sleep at night.

K H.
Nov 23, 2017

It seems like you all should file a class action law suit against this company! If anyone hired a lawyer I am sure that lawyer would look into class action seems like there is enough of you who have been taken advantage of over this! Good luck

Michele G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.