Bay & Beach Club

Bay and Beach Club

Apr 03, 2007

Hello, Is anyone an owner here? What is your opinion of the resort and the management.

Thanks,

MB

Mb L.
Sep 06, 2007

I owned, have never been there. Just recently received notification about death of one of the Board of Directors and I voted on the candidates that were running for that office. How long have you been an owner? What do you think of the accomodations?

DC

De'Ionne C.
Sep 06, 2007

HI, Thanks for your reply. I am not an owner but have considered buying there as I have been renting a condo in Indian Shores each spring for the past several years.

I am interested in feedback about the units there.

Thanks.

MB

Mb L.
Sep 13, 2007

What exactly are you renting? We have a 2 bedroom 2 bath. We have owned for 4 years and we have been other places but not Florida. We were waiting for our 2 year old to get a little older so we could take him to Disney. Now we are expecting, perhaps next year. What do you like most about the area? DC

De'Ionne C.
Jan 11, 2008

I am an owner for the past 2 years of week 6 Unit 303. My husband and I purchased the unit from my parents who have owned it since it was built. I think it was 1996. Before owning our family used the unit for years. I will be going again February 2008 and plan on taking many photos to upgrade outdated ones on all internet sites I have visited. The photo's you view do not do Bay and Beach justice. It is a wonderful quaint resort and has been well maintained. I have tons of information for area activities. My children loved Captain Memo's boat out of Clearwater. Feel free to contact me for questions. My children have been enjoying it since they were born, oldest 8, and are always excited to return.

Suzette K.
Feb 02, 2008

Hi, Pleased to se your note. I am going in March for the first time with my 4 yr old grandson. was Planning on Cpt. Memo, but stopped at the resort a few weeks ago, and in the office they showed me a brochure for a Pirate Boat Ride out of John's Pass. do you know about the differences to compare?

I am hoping to enjoy this resort, as there are many resales. I have 2 weeks but haven't stayed there yet.

suzettek2 wrote:
My children loved Captain Memo's boat out of Clearwater. Feel free to contact me for questions. My children have been enjoying it since they were born, oldest 8, and are always excited to return.

Cheryl H.
Feb 03, 2008

chaus wrote:
Hi, Pleased to se your note. I am going in March for the first time with my 4 yr old grandson. was Planning on Cpt. Memo, but stopped at the resort a few weeks ago, and in the office they showed me a brochure for a Pirate Boat Ride out of John's Pass. do you know about the differences to compare?

I am hoping to enjoy this resort, as there are many resales. I have 2 weeks but haven't stayed there yet.

suzettek2 wrote:
My children loved Captain Memo's boat out of Clearwater. Feel free to contact me for questions. My children have been enjoying it since they were born, oldest 8, and are always excited to return.
When we went to John's Pass 2 years ago (Feb 2005) lots and I mean lots of construction and new businesses are popping up. I have family that resides in Madeira Beach, St. Pete and Tampa and get lots of wonderful feedback. In 2002 the Pirate ship out of Johns Pass just opened and the reviews were low from other guests we spoke with of children ages 4-8. We went to Clearwater Captain Memo (www.captainmemo.com) instead and it was wonderful for all ages. Don't get sucked into the souvenirs, very expensive and we made the mistake, go to Walmart, mapquest.com directions 23106 US Highway 19N, Clearwater, FL 33765 and pick up pirate souvenirs before.

Make a visit to Fort DeSoto Park more than 900 acres of beautiful beaches w/ areas for picnicking and camping,hiking, boating and fishing piers are found here. More than 300 species of birds have been sighted here making it a top destination for birders during the spring migration. My family just adored the beach,very relaxing with small children. Little pools of water for wading. BEAUTIFUL.

On February 9, 2008 John's Pass Plaza and Boardwalk is having a Grand Opening we will be attending. www.JohnsPassPlaza.com.

Suzette K.
Feb 03, 2008

Thanks for the advice. Chaus

Cheryl H.
Feb 10, 2008

I will be staying at the Bay & beach Club in June. I have received a letter warning me about the loud construction noise. Any comments?

William B.
Feb 10, 2008

I will be staying there in March and will let you know if the noise is bothersome. We drove by the resort in January and I stopped to check it out and talk to the management. We were there about 9 am in the morning for about 40 minutes and I wasn't disturbed by noise, but of course I was awake, and walking around out by the pool, etc. , not trying to get a child to take a nap. There is construction in the area and the 2-lane road between the two buildings has a flagman letting thru traffic in one direction on occasion, while they let large trucks enter or exit construction sites.

The aerial picture you see of the resort in the directory is from several years ago as some old buidlings were torn down and new condos are being built in their place. That is what all the construction is. If you can see the address on Google Earth by satellite, you can see at least one large condo built to the north of the gulf side building. (I say, if you can see it because I can using my PC at work, but my older Mac at home won't let me use Google Earth.)

Cheryl H.
Feb 11, 2008

chaus wrote:
I will be staying there in March and will let you know if the noise is bothersome. We drove by the resort in January and I stopped to check it out and talk to the management. We were there about 9 am in the morning for about 40 minutes and I wasn't disturbed by noise, but of course I was awake, and walking around out by the pool, etc. , not trying to get a child to take a nap. There is construction in the area and the 2-lane road between the two buildings has a flagman letting thru traffic in one direction on occasion, while they let large trucks enter or exit construction sites.

The aerial picture you see of the resort in the directory is from several years ago as some old buidlings were torn down and new condos are being built in their place. That is what all the construction is. If you can see the address on Google Earth by satellite, you can see at least one large condo built to the north of the gulf side building. (I say, if you can see it because I can using my PC at work, but my older Mac at home won't let me use Google Earth.)

Thank you so much for your input. I look forward to hearing from you after your vacation.

William B.
Feb 28, 2008

mariaf wrote:
chaus wrote:

Thank you so much for your input. I look forward to hearing from you after your vacation.
What unit will you be staying in for March? I just returned and will be writing a review this week.

Suzette K.
Feb 28, 2008

What unit will you be staying in for March? I just returned and will be writing a review this week.

Hi we will be there Mar 15-22, staying on the beach side in unit 102

Cheryl H.
Feb 29, 2008

A beautiful spot #102. I do not think their is a bad spot to be in at Bay and Beach Club. If you are standing on the ocean looking at the building it would be on the first floor right side. You will enjoy gorgeous sunsets from the privacy of your balconey. The maintence man name is Ken, a very pleasent man. If you need anything the staff is very helpful. You are able to sign out 3 movies or board games, if you have bad weather, at NO cost in the office. Check office hours. A young man comes around in the early morning if you would like to rent a wooden beach chair with awning, he has nothing to do with Bay and Beach, a little pricey. Ken informed me owners leave chairs and beach toys for use on a first come first serve basis to renter and owners because it cost to much to ship, just ask about location. Shuffleboard equiptment is on the bay side, just ask about location. As for construction noise. The construction has been going on for years all up and down Gulf Blvd. In 2004 it was noisey as they build the building next door. The building is now completed. The construction is on the road now in front of the condo. I own a unit on the roadside and they were just finishing up as we were leaving Feb 08'. It was not noisey to our family. It did not intrupt any sleep and we are from the country. It DID delay traffic which was frustrating, but I don't think noise it is a issue anymore. I do recommend The Lighthouse Donuts Coffee and More 215 Gulf Blvd. I'm not a big donut fan, but it is a family owned business and donuts are made fresh daily. It is a great treat 6am-1pm. My children loved it (4 and 8yrs.) For a delightful Fresh Fish Market & Fine Wines "The Reef" owned by Sue and Scott Henderson is five star, 17811 Gulf Blvd. We love seafood and it is the best if you cook for yourself. They also have soups and spreads made daily. I'll miss this establishment. If any advice is needed feel free to contact me. Bay and Beach has beautiful equipped luxury units and is our private home away from home. We enjoy the refreshing waters of the Gulf of Mexico and resort facilities. Five Star for private.

Suzette K.
Feb 29, 2008

suzettek2 wrote:
If any advice is needed feel free to contact me. Bay and Beach has beautiful equipped luxury units and is our private home away from home. We enjoy the refreshing waters of the Gulf of Mexico and resort facilities. Five Star for private.

Suzette

Thanks for all the advice. We are really ready to leave the winter in Iowa even though we hear Fla. is a little cool right now. I have now purchased 3 weeks at B&B although I can only use week 11 this year. I am so glad to hear that the unit facing the road is nice, too, as one summer unit I have is 301.

I grew up in Clearwater, but that was 40 years ago. I get back to Pinellas County whenever I can even though I no longer have any family there, and only a few friends who have migrated to some other areas of the state.

We will certainly try the restaurants and fish market you recommend. If I could convince my hubby, I would retire to the area, but he has tried for years to avoid visiting there. But our first plan is Capt. Memo. A pirate ship through the eyes of my grandson will be great!

Something I've been looking toward for years has been to let the "visit with grandma" time to be at a beach timeshare. I keep watching the other children so enjoy their week at the beach, and I want to give this to mine, as well. Of course, now I am waiting to become grandma to more than one, but I am blessed and will be either patient, or satisfied with the one great grandson that I have. Cheryl

Cheryl H.
Mar 01, 2008

Cheryl,

When you go into The Reef could you please let the owners know you were referred to them by the best hair cut family at Redweek.com. I phoned the proprietors to ask if it was OK to write reviews. A wonderful family and my childrened loved to pick out a ice cream from the small cooler. I have many more tips if you would like to e-mail at me Kuzette0718@aol.com. I could send you all applicable information I have been collecting for years. Suzette

Suzette K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.